“A great start of my journey to Lisboa”

Lisbon Chill-Out Free Tour
Ranked #2 of 489 Tours in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are just a group of local friends who love to show you around and,tell you about the local funny stories,legends and myths,show the genuine culture.We also talk about our history and culture,but keep your mind open to listen the nonofficial stories, and we don't take you to the main touristic attractions.To keep it genuine and pure,we work on a tips-only bases,earning no commissions or any other support,working solely for what our travelers think we are worth. Please check all the info. and details on our page. We don't accept groups LOOK OUT!! VERY IMPORTANT!! We are independent and not a big company, and we try to transmit the real Portuguese feeling and culture for this reason we can’t use a big red umbrella. 14/03/2016 another company, without any kind of moral/ethical values decided to start their tours on our meeting point and at the same time as we do, they aim to take you from our tour to theirs Make sure you find the right authentic local guide using a Silverbag with a yello tram sign, and join us on the best free walking tour The Lisbon Chill Out Original Free Tour
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Aarhus, Denmark
“A great start of my journey to Lisboa”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The most pleasantly unusual city walk tour ever.
- if you want to discover all the insiders' tips about the leisure, entertainment, sightseeing;
- if you want to know which places in Lisboa can be ugly and beautiful at the same time ;
- if you want to explore the pure living museum of old neighborhoods;
- if you want to see the breathtaking views;
- if you want to spend three hours interacting with wonderful people;
This tour is certainly the thing to do.
Next time I will be in Lisbon I will join one more tour for sure.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rafa is phenomenal - do not miss!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was beyond exhausted after arriving in the city at 8am on an overnight train from Madrid and considered going to the later 3pm tour, but decided it was more important to learn where I was. Honestly, just the best decision I have made my entire trip. This tour was beyond the high light of my trip and I learned more in three hours than in a semester of European history! Rafa (our wonderful funny guide) started us off with a concise historical and current summary of Portugal and Lisbon, especially as placed within the rest of the EU, and off we went to explore.

Rafa explained clearly that he was not going to show us the touristy places. He said those are "all on your map, you don't need a guide for that!" Instead he showed us everything we SHOULD want to see, the things that if you already knew the city a little you would ask to see. Perfecto! Walking with Rafa for over three hours felt like I was visiting a friend who was in love with his city and just could not wait to show-and-tell me everything that he loved, possibly in an effort to convince me to stay forever. (Mission quite successful. Can I stay forever?) We would walk down a street and Rafa would point out this random piece of street art and say "I don't know why but I love that owl." I don't know either, Good Sir, but now I do too! Not only was he incredibly well-versed in the sights and points of interest of his town, but he also knew the past ten thousand years of history and was able to draw easily understood connections between the other EU countries to demonstrate both past, modem, and potential future concerns.

Did I mention he also has the best taste in food? He pointed out all these wonderful little restaurants and I've been eating in Rafa-approved restaurants so happily ever since! Ask him tons of questions - he helped guide me to what I would do the rest of my time in Lisboa! He will also take you to a lovely woman's house who will let you taste the local delicacy of sour cherry liquor -- I am not a big drinker, so I bought a cup just to taste it, and then gave it away. So don't worry if you don't drink either, it is really quite interesting to just have the experience and so worth the one euro (plus it really tastes like cherries!)

Do yourself a favor and start your trip with this tour group (really just a small group of friends with a love for their city) and you will spend the rest of your trip getting around town, eating, and feeling like a local. Also be sure to tip generously, they are the best and really deserve it!

1 Thank Mangorei
UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Most enjoyable walk. Must DO”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

we had a day in Lisbon,having cruised in.We had experienced walking tours in other cities with local people and decided this would be a good way to get some real local knowledge.We much prefer to do this as the organised tours are very impersonal and lack character. We met Raphael at the Praca Luis de Camoes ,and spent the best part of 4 hours with him. He was very knowlegable,extremely pleasant,and spoke perfect English. He took us to places in the Old City we would never have found,had a coffee and local custard tart,,saw the communal wash house.Wherever we went he was treated like a long lost friend.We cannot praise him enough for a most entertaining walk.If you go to Lisbon to find out about the people ,the history and traditions as well as the sites this is the walk for you.Absolutely Superb!!!!

Visited November 2013
Groningen, The Netherlands
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“The best way to explore Lisboa”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Since our stay in Lisboa was very short (less than 24 h) we have decided to join the Lisabon free walking tour to grasp the best of it. Our tour guide was Miguel and opposit to what other people have said about him we can tell with certainity he has knowledge of history (both me and my husband are interested in history and read a lot), he tells it in very nice way, and shows the true life of lisboa. It was 4 hour tour but worth every second of it, seeing the most important spots, meeting nice people (Tininha:)) and starting to feel local.
Matea & Krzysztof

Lisbon, Portugal
“The best walking city tour I ever had!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The best walking city tour I ever had! Very Informative and funny.
I recomend it to all who wants to see real Lisbon and real portuguese people.

Visited November 2013