“BEST WAY TO SEE BEAUTIFUL LISBON”

Lisbon Chill-Out Free Tour
Ranked #2 of 543 Tours in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are just a group of local friends who love to show you around and,tell you about the local funny stories,legends and myths,show the genuine culture.We also talk about our history and culture,but keep your mind open to listen the nonofficial stories, and we don't take you to the main touristic attractions.To keep it genuine and pure,we work on a tips-only bases,earning no commissions or any other support,working solely for what our travelers think we are worth. Please check all the info. and details on our page. We don't accept groups LOOK OUT!! VERY IMPORTANT!! We are independent and not a big company, and we try to transmit the real Portuguese feeling and culture for this reason we can’t use a big red umbrella. 14/03/2016 another company, without any kind of moral/ethical values decided to start their tours on our meeting point and at the same time as we do, they aim to take you from our tour to theirs Make sure you find the right authentic local guide using a Silverbag with a yello tram sign, and join us on the best free walking tour The Lisbon Chill Out Original Free Tour
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a great free walking tour! Our guide Jose was super friendly, informative and generally a very nice guy. We walked around the city for 3 hours and saw many beautiful and interesting spots. He also told us many personal stories and shared some secrets about the city with us, as well as 3 thousand years of history!
I definitely reccommend doing this FREE tour!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I heard about the walking tour on couchsurfing and I instantly loved the idea. It was my second day in Lisbon, and funnily enough I had happened to walk much of the same route the day before, so many of the sights were familiar to me. However, I enjoyed the sights a million times better the second time! Why? Because of Judit's comments. I'm not that interested in history, and long lectures of it bore me to tears. That's why I loved what Judit did. She managed to be educational but also very interesting. I also loved how she involved all of us with questions and riddles about the places. I absolutely loved what I learned about the statue on the marketplace plaza. Even though we couldn't see the statue because of the scaffolding, it was so fun to hear what it represented. It was also great to just walk around and I really liked that we had time to chat with the other visitors. So, to be short, it was a great tour! I'm gonna be in Portugal for a long time, so if you have other tours, I'd love to hear about them, as well.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

On a solo visit to Lisbon I wanted to have a less formal view of the city and the chill out guys hit the mark it is a hilly city and so as you would expect there is a bit of waling up and down the hills but you are taken on the quieter streets and get to know a lot about the psyche of the people.

Jose our guide was a great guy, full of enthusiasm and great theatrics ("imagine yourself here 200 ears ago.. chickens running round on the streets....." )

I would not hesitate to recommend. One small thing.. it does go on for 3 hours, be prepared with water etc.

Lisbon-Chill-Out, Owner at Lisbon Chill-Out Free Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hi Lynnscot,

Thank you for you review and for your feedback, we rely on your feedback to improve our tours.

We actually recommend to bring water and something a snack, on our blog, but you review show us that on our details here on TripAdvisor, we don’t, we will update our details and make sure everyone who come on our tours, have a excellent experience.

Hope you keep on sharing you travelers information and help us to improve

Reviewed October 12, 2012

It was okay, but this would be at the bottom of my list of free walking tours I've been on. I didn't remember half the places we walked to (especially the names of the miraduoros), and later on in the week found myself stumbling across them accidentally.

1  Thank ybibit
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Love seeing the city through the eyes and experiences of a person who lives here and loves it. Our guide was Jose and he couldn't have been more interesting or enthusiastic. And yes, there is a lot of walking and up and down hills, but that's Lisbon. If you don't want this, take a tour bus instead. Over three hours, saw most of the downtown. Best was Alfama, the sights and sounds and views. Great concept for touring, makes it reasonably priced and you don't feel like a run-of-the-mill tourist. Thanks Jose!