“Tour of a Wine Yard”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Description: Venha Vinho Wine House (R) WineTours in Portugal Few countries are so wonderfully gifted to producing distinctive premium wines. Portugal is a haven for unique authentic wines from more than 250 indigenous grape varieties. Portugal wineries, wine estates and domains are beautiful and hospitable. Come and discover Portugal Wine Tourism! Wine Club * Wine Dinners * Wine Tastings * Wine Tours
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We got in touch with Francisco much before we actually visited the place. He was an outright professional and knew exactly what could match our taste. The package we chose was perfect it terms of food, cost and budgets. We tasted a wide variety of wines and loved them all. My wife and parents simply loved the concept of strolling around in the wine yard and getting to taste wines of your choice. Francisco, our host for the day even guided us the history of the place and narrated few of the most amazing stories. We were there for almost an entire day. The staffs arranged for a cab on our journey back to the Hotel. Wonderful hosts and great trip.

FranciscoFA, Owner at Venha Vinho, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you so much for your tour, tastings and the review on Venha Vinho.

It was truly a great pleasure to show you the wines of Portugal through our wine tour and conversations!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I contacted Francisco in advance of my holiday in Algarve as my friend and I wanted to on a wine tour. Francisco was very professional and helpful from the very beginning and as it was our first wine tour I found his advise very useful, he helped us chose the tour most suitable four us! On the day of the tour we were picked up from our hotel in Algarve and brought to a family run organic vineyard. It was a grape harvest time when we arrived so we had a very hands-on experience! our day was packed with lot of fun and activities including grape picking, home made Portuguese lunch, wine tasting, lessons of wine making and Portuguese history and culture. definitely a day to remember and I would highly recommend booking it with Francisco in Venha Vinho!!

FranciscoFA, Owner at Venha Vinho, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your tour, tastings and the review on Venha Vinho.

It was truly a great pleasure to show you the wines of Portugal through our wine tour during the harvest season in the Algarve.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Me and my friend had wine tasting tour with Francisco at the beginning of September, and it was absolutely amazing experience! Francisco brought us to a small family organic wine estate, the Monte da Casteleja. It was the middle of harvesting season and we could help the owners to pick the grapes. As the winery is still using the earliest wine press method which is grape stomping in open vats we were also allowed to participate in this process. That included lots of fun, laugh and singing. Later we spent a couple of hours tasting wines and learning how to taste them, while having a delicious traditional Portuguese lunch. Francisco is very knowledgeable when it comes to wines and the history of Portugal.
I highly recommend booking a tour with Francisco. Well worth it!

FranciscoFA, Owner at Venha Vinho, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Reviewed November 1, 2013

On beautiful sunny Autumn day we knocked at a rather unassuming door of the Palacio Ramalhete to discover a wonderful setting for wine tasting. Francisco is the perfect host, delivering knowledge and experience with a sense of fun, to me - the novice - and my husband who is quite experienced. We sat on a beautiful terrace and spent a couple of hours tasting and learning how to taste a variety of wines. We would highly recommend Francisco to anyone who wants to either learn from scratch or be just to be guided around the huge variety of wines Portugal has to offer.

2  Thank hceuk

Dear Wine Lover,

Thank you so much for your tasting and the review on Venha Vinho.

It was truly a great pleasure to show you the wines of Portugal through our wine tasting.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a private wine tasting tour with Francisco and it was simply amazing! The wine estates he picked, his knowledge and the tastings, it was a wonderful day! I can only recommend his tours and events, he is a great host and he knows a lot. You will be able to find exactly what you want with him and he will drive you all around Portugal, if necessary, to find the place that offers the wine/port you like and want to try!

4  Thank Melmo1980
FranciscoFA, Owner at Venha Vinho, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Hi!

Thank you so much for your tasting and the review on Venha Vinho.

It was truly a great pleasure to tour you around in the Douro Valley Wine Region.

Francisco