“Exceptional”

Wine And Dine - Discover Lisbon
Ranked #50 of 110 Food & Drink in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Lisbon’s Moving Table is an unbeatable and unique dining experience. The Moving Table provides an incredible, authentically Portuguese dinner menu that takes you to three restaurants, each specializing in one delicious course. Guests are treated to traditional Portuguese food in a very untraditional way. The progressive dinner allows guests to experience a meal in a way no single restaurant can offer. To fully appreciate the Portuguese culture, one must sample the cuisine, and what better way than to dine at the restaurants tourists would never find.
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Truly something special. We have visited Lisbon a few times and this is by far the best thing we have done in the city. Tour takes you to three different..............very different resturants that there is NO WAY you would find by yourself as a tourist as they are so well hidden! I am not going to say what / where or even how cool they are as that would spoil the surprise. Oh yes and you get typical Lisbon dishes to eat too! Along with plenty of wine to enjoy. We don't award 5/5 very often. Excellent.

3  Thank Anita37

Reviewed March 18, 2012

If you are looking for a quiet relaxing dinner this is not it. It is one of the most incredible food /travel experiences of my life. You get to go to 3 different places in 3 different neighborhoods for food and wine from different parts of the country while learning about the culture and history. Our guide was incredible and he even took us out to the bars after the tour and showed us around. He was very informative and even sent us follow up emails while we were still there making sure we found our other tourist destinations okay. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank captainwally
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I went on the Moving Table dinner with my girlfriend and was pleasantly surprised. The concept really caught our attention, having a living moving dinner experience. Our guide was a nice Portuguese guy, who told us facts and secrets the locals know, he was very pleasant and even took us out to a lounge for drinks afterwards. My girlfriend and I thought the evening was the highlight of our trip, eating at hard to eat places and tasting traditional food, even listening to some fado music (a must on her list) we will be looking to find more Moving Tables in the other cities we visit. This is my first review on TripAdvisor because to my pleasant surprised a few days later, I received a very kind email from our guide thanking us, for a wonderful evening, when really we should be thanking him!

1  Thank Nathan A
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Such a great idea! I came to Lisbon by myself and I wanted to discover a night life in there.. Full of pub crawls I went to The Moving Table dinner and I couldn't choose better.. Portuguese cuisine is amazing (just my cup of tea) and the guide was super nice with lots of knowledge about the city.. If you wanna experience Lisbon in a different way I definitely recommend you The Moving Tables with a bunch of awesome people.. You will love it!!

4  Thank BarbCZ
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We boked a few weeks in advance with lots of perfect reviews. This is a nice american guide that take a group of tourists to some underground places to eat and drink some traditional portuguese cuisine. For the amount we paid i think this is a trap

6  Thank paola n