“Great way to experience food”

Wine And Dine - Discover Lisbon
Ranked #48 of 107 Food & Drink in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Lisbon’s Moving Table is an unbeatable and unique dining experience. The Moving Table provides an incredible, authentically Portuguese dinner menu that takes you to three restaurants, each specializing in one delicious course. Guests are treated to traditional Portuguese food in a very untraditional way. The progressive dinner allows guests to experience a meal in a way no single restaurant can offer. To fully appreciate the Portuguese culture, one must sample the cuisine, and what better way than to dine at the restaurants tourists would never find.
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This tour made my stay in lisbon!!
We tried dishes that we would never try for ourselves and I'm SO glad we did!! (no more olives for me, though! :p ) The variety in gastronomy is amazing and the inside knowledge we met with our guide, Nick, made it all so much better!!
Wish we could have this in every country we visit.

4  Thank SarahVits
There are newer reviews for Wine And Dine - Discover Lisbon

Reviewed February 10, 2012

The moving table is a great concept that takes us to AMAZING places, in three different pictures. I just LOVED all the things I've seen and the places I've been. I had a new perspective of the city and it's History with the space context and with the good mood and culture of our guide Nick. Thank you! I really enjoyed and recomend!

3  Thank Mariana L
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Wir waren Ende Januar in Lissabon und hatten wirklich einen super schönen Abend!!!!!! Unser guide "Nick" war echt lustig und sehr nett!
We were in Lisbon in the end of January and we all had a Perfect night!!! Our guide "Nick" was very funny and cool! We were laughing the whole time, It was just an awesome night, any time again!!!

1  Thank Andreas R
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We went to Rossio square and found our guide Nick. Soon, we were joined by 2 Italian couples and we jumped into the van and up the hill we went. Along the way, Nick would point out interesting food joints, bargain booze haunts and tip bits & historical back grounds. I c a n n o t reveal what each venue were because that would ruin it for anyone who may want to join. I can say that each stop was unique, interesting, pleasant surprise and the average tourist would not likely find. The 1st two courses came paired with wine that represented the dish's region of origin. Nick who also worked as a walking guide of Lisbon was very entertaining, helpful and goes out of his way to ensure his guests had fun. He even took us to a cocktail bar in Barrio Alto after The Moving Table tour was over! The 2 Italian couples were rib tingling hilarious and the more so as more wine was drunk. Only one niggle however, it was a bit more pricey than what we spent for meals in Portugal. The meals averaged around 35 Euros for two without wine and we ate whatever perked our fancy off the menu especially items we haven't seen before. We generally ate around where ever we happened to be when we got hungry. Still it was an evening well spent.

3  Thank dogontheno11bus
Reviewed January 29, 2012

It all started with a mind blowing view...The ones that take your breath away for a few seconds. Seeing the river from such a perspective, wow.
Then, reality knocked on the door, with delicate pleasantries that filled my taste with exquisiteness. A much deserved promising start.
Afterwords, the main dish was delicious as well, and it made me wonder just how incredible these places are still living among us, without us being aware of them. Finally, desert, with a thought: How can someone turn his lifelong collection of items like if they are our own? Just being there made me realise how rich and incredible our lives can be, if we dedicate our time, pursuing what makes us go to sleep with a silent, but wonderful smile.
The food, the company, the views, the flavors, the secrets of Lisbon, the atmosphere...
It was a very cold night, but within, only warmth.
In one word: Unique=)