“It was more than dinner :-)”
Review of Notas de Degustacao Cafe - CLOSED

Notas de Degustacao Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Portuguese, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Description: In its intimate inner opens a window and Portuguese protecting romantic couple leaving us win the dining room of charm, located on the ground floor where dot the chair Blessed is Jorge and Eduardo Silveira fish. Decorated in pastel colors that coexist harmoniously with the colors of the ceiling and walls, has a quiet and cozy. The menu is Mediterranean and inspiring. The Chimney cake flavored poppy and walnut, as well as both the chocolate and chestnut puree delight the most discerning palates. And because it is not by chance that the wine is considered the lifeblood of the gods, boarding an adventure of the senses and toast with a wreath or Millesime. You will see that, say who you like in the eye, because it is so fond, is the best things that life has.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I felt cheesy when I titled it as 'the best dining experience in Lisbon' so I changed it.. After finding our way through the narrow streets we found the restaurant. It is - what they say - easily overlooked. It is a nice small restaurant with a few seats in the restaurant. The people working there are one of those wonderful people you must have meet once in your live. The waitress and the chef took their time to explain the menu and helped us translating and with our decisions. You have friendly people in Lisbon and really friendly people. They were the latter kind. We ate squid with beans and rice, and finished with Pudim de Laranja (orange pudding) and Bolo da chamine (chimney cake). Next to received tasty food, I also got the feeling that I was genuinely welcome in their little restaurant. The experience was certainly one of the best I had in Lisbon.

I will always remember his explanation on the Bolo de Chamine 'It is a poor man's cake, but I will add this and that, and... I will make it a rich man's cake'.

2  Thank BFTrench

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Nice food but nothing more than that. Not a top restaurant by any standards. The service is friendly and in the end we were happy with the meal. But I don't know if we ll be back.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We went here because the Tripadvisor reviews were so good, and it exceeded expectations. The food was fantastic, and would be well worth it far more than the 40Euro for 2 we paid, and the owners are very friendy and obviously care a lot. It's an understated little place tucked a bit out of the way, but well worth seeking out.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

While wandering Lisbon a few months ago, on vacation, I passed this tiny restaurant and almost missed it . Once inside I was warmly greeted and seated, and the Chef came to my table to talk with me about the menu. I explained that it was my last day in Lisbon and would leave the choice to him. He explained everything he would prepare, and when it arrived it was heavenly ( Veal Carpaccio ) and prepared in a unique fashion. All elements of the meal were wonderful, from bread to wine, and the service was attentive . This was absolutely the best meal I had in 8 days of dining in Lisbon and should not be missed by travelers. The dining room is quite small, but if you arrive and need to wait, you really should.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

One of the best meals I've ever had. The owner is an amazing person, very charming and welcoming. I recommend to everybody this place. The place is tiny and cozy decorated with very good taste. You won't regret. If you want to have an unforgettable time you have to go.