“Good Italian food”
Review of Moma

Moma
Reserve with
Moma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 4,104 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

In the middle of lisbon.
We were lucky to stumble across this small restaurant in the middle of the more touristy places to eat. Good food, friendly staff. Pasta was al dente, simple and nice flavours. We came back 3 times for lunch... Open from 12 to 5 p.m.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
“Best fried shrimps ever.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very good food, ok prices for the center of Lisbon. Very nice staff. The fried shrimps are amaizing.

• Visited August 2013
Thessaloniki, Greece
“meal at moma”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Excellent meal at reasonable prices. Polite and friendly stuff. Minimal, clean ambient.
Raspberry caramel tart exceptional and green (=sparkling white) house wine interesting...

• Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Amazing! Don't go anywhere else if you are in he Baixa area of Lisbon”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have been here 2.5 days in Lisbon in an apartment in the Biaxa. We got stuck the first day just grabbing a place that was as close as possible. I finally turned to trip advisor yesterday but Moma was closed. I saw the owner this morning while I was out looking for Danishes in the am and he said we are only open from 12-5 because we are lazy. I made sure that we waited to eat our lunch until we got back here around 2:30. It was busy with clearly a lot of locals including a priest eating by himself. The owner sat all of us, including our four boys, inside after a few minute wait.

The food was amazing, I had the penne with mushrooms my wife had the veal. My sons had buttered noodles (penne) and one had the cheeseburger. He said it was the best cheeseburger he ever had. They even had Heinz ketchup, which is rare in Lisbon, because it is more expensive. My penne was amazing and so was my wife's veal. The shocker was the bill,far less than the junk we ate down the street at a more touristy place where the food was mediocre at best. My wife is Italian and she knows good food, she said to me finally some good food in Lisbon.

We have loved our trip to Portugal and we have had some great meals, this just was the first great one in Lisbon. I am sure that is mostly our fault for grabbing something close. We plan to eat there tomorrow. Joao and his wife run the place. She is the cook, truly it is incredible. I can highly recommend it! Two adults, 4 boys, a bottle of house wine for 65 euros, you can't beat it!

• Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've eaten 4 times at moma all great there is nothing above 10 euros on the menu it's a must go if you want value and quality

• Visited June 2013