“Best fried shrimps ever.”
Review of Restaurante MOMA

Restaurante MOMA
Reserve with
Restaurante MOMA is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 4,439 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Italian, Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very good food, ok prices for the center of Lisbon. Very nice staff. The fried shrimps are amaizing.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Excellent meal at reasonable prices. Polite and friendly stuff. Minimal, clean ambient.
Raspberry caramel tart exceptional and green (=sparkling white) house wine interesting...

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have been here 2.5 days in Lisbon in an apartment in the Biaxa. We got stuck the first day just grabbing a place that was as close as possible. I finally turned to trip advisor yesterday but Moma was closed. I saw the owner this morning while I was out looking for Danishes in the am and he said we are only open from 12-5 because we are lazy. I made sure that we waited to eat our lunch until we got back here around 2:30. It was busy with clearly a lot of locals including a priest eating by himself. The owner sat all of us, including our four boys, inside after a few minute wait.

The food was amazing, I had the penne with mushrooms my wife had the veal. My sons had buttered noodles (penne) and one had the cheeseburger. He said it was the best cheeseburger he ever had. They even had Heinz ketchup, which is rare in Lisbon, because it is more expensive. My penne was amazing and so was my wife's veal. The shocker was the bill,far less than the junk we ate down the street at a more touristy place where the food was mediocre at best. My wife is Italian and she knows good food, she said to me finally some good food in Lisbon.

We have loved our trip to Portugal and we have had some great meals, this just was the first great one in Lisbon. I am sure that is mostly our fault for grabbing something close. We plan to eat there tomorrow. Joao and his wife run the place. She is the cook, truly it is incredible. I can highly recommend it! Two adults, 4 boys, a bottle of house wine for 65 euros, you can't beat it!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've eaten 4 times at moma all great there is nothing above 10 euros on the menu it's a must go if you want value and quality

Reviewed June 10, 2013

we visited Lisbon for the day and it was nearing lunchtime. We were walking up and down the streets being approached by one restaurant after another. All looked very similar with plastic menus with similar food and outside tables. we then came across Moma on an intersection in the pedestrian cobbled streets. it was early but the restaurant was three quarters full and there one or two people sitting outside. the tables were lovely white cotton with nice simple plants on each table. staff were dressed in clean white aprons. smallish menu on a blackboard but all specials of the day. i had a bowl of seafood spaghetti with tomato, basil, garlic and chilli with 6 very large king prawns (5 peeled and 1 in shell). absolutely first class. even though it was simple its the best pasta dish i have had in ages. my wife had an equally good dish. really good value at €8/10 per dish. get there early as people go there for business lunches. there were loads of people waiting 15 minutes after we arrived.