“If you are staying at the Tivoli and have no options, ok”

Hippopotamus Lisbonne
Ranked #1,461 of 4,304 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Parque das Nacoes
Reviewed April 27, 2014

About as 3 stars as you can get. Staff was very nice and helpful. Burger was not bad, but house wine, shrimp appetizers, and ribs were very very average, at best. Prices are reasonable, and it's certainly not bad, so if you are nearby and want a quick bite, might as well.

1  Thank Russianoligarch
There are newer reviews for Hippopotamus Lisbonne

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went quite a bit to this restaurant because we stayed at the hotel. The staff was very nice and were quick. I was behind because I needed to get to Estadio do Luz to watch Benfica vs Barcelona in Oct 2012 and they were very quick and nice. If your looking for a five star meal this isn't your place, their price would have to be more expensive. But for the price I paid, I was very satisfied. In the end, I actually became friends with the waiters. So if your looking for a quick, tasty meal for all ages this is your place.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I didn't have great hopes for this restaurant especially given its TA ranking in Lisbon but we were tired and didn't feel like going outside of the hotel. We were pleased by how stylish the room was and the attentiveness of the wait staff. When the food arrived we were impressed by the quality of the Charolais steaks and the sides were delicious. We enjoyed a very nice bottle of red wine and since we had chosen the prix fixee dinner, also cofee and desserts, at a very reasonable price. This place deserves a better ranking. would definitely return.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went the Hippopotamus restaurant after visiting the Oceania Lisboa aquarium. We were pleasantly surprised. The hamburgers were very good and the atmosphere was nice to be able to relax and have a drink. The price was reasonable and they do accept credit cards.
Service was a little on the slow side.
We would eat there again if we happen to be in the area.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have been in this restaurant a couple of times with my family.
The service is nice, they always offer things to entretain the kids.
The hamburguers are good, but it is a little bit pricy for the overall package.