“Unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Epic Surf School

Epic Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Epic is mobile surf school in Lisbon,Portugal, based in the city center, aimed at surfers of all levels. From beginners to advanced, we know all surfers appreciate a close relationship with nature and value the adventure of discovering a wide range of surf spots, away from the overcrowded beaches. Epic Surf School provides daily departures from Lisbon's city center (with front door accommodation pick up option) exploring many of the hidden treasures along the Portuguese coastline. Besides transportation within a range of 80km (whenever a better and suitable surf spot is required), we provide full equipment, sport insurance and qualified local surf instructors fluent in english. Come and explore our Epic Surf Spots! We drive you to Epic Surfing Moments!Certifications:School and coaches certified by the Portuguese Surfing Federation; Certification by the Portuguese Tourism Institute;European First Aid Certification (Portuguese Red Cross); Sports Insurances.
Leipzig, Germany
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were 4 people doing a full day at the Costa da Caparica at a nice spot that wasn't very crowded. Rui took care of everything and focused individually on each person. Having never surfed before I managed to stand on the board for a few seconds at the end of the first 2h session. That was quick! At the end of the afternoon session my muscles were pretty exhausted, so a general surfing advice for newbies: If you can't do at least a few push ups, you should do some training first.

I can recommend this mobile surf school without any doubts. Especially the full days. Thanks Rui!

1 Thank Maik R

Stockholm, Sweden
“Karl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had an amazing day surfing with Epic Surf this summer! Rui was a great teacher and despite never been on a board before, we managed rather well. Rui took very well care of us and 10 hours after setting out he drop us off at the hotel with a smile on our faces and a bunch of great tips for restaurants and bars which made our whole trip truly epic. I highly recommend this surf school and hope to be back soon!

1 Thank Karl G
“My best teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I wish I can live there and do surf with Rui every day. He is very good teacher!
It wasn't my first time, so I had chance to compare my teachers, and Rui is the best. And also he has a good team

You will enjoy private lessons with him for sure!

1 Thank Polina_Summer
Aarhus, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Surfing? Do it here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were 6 people, some of us for a full day and some for a half. We were all beginners, except one – and all of us had a truly great day!
Responding on emails is very quick, you get the best waves the present day, and you get a very flexible, nice and patient teacher! So, if you go to Lisbon – definitely go surfing with Rui!
Thanks again for a great day!

Elisabeth

2 Thank Jane k
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Excellent !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We did 1 day lesson, and it was amazing. We didnt surf before, and he after this lesson I can say that I know all the basic steps for standing on the board and surf.. I'm not saying that I surfed at this lesson, but I standed on the board couple times for couple seconds !!!!
Also, if you already know to surf, they have other lessons for all kind of level.

The guides and Ruy the owner was so nice, and they are great with the teaching as well !!!
We are very recommand this place for everyone that have 1 free day at Lisbon!
Ruy Thanks a lot !!

Gilad, Noa, Rotem and Bar.

Visited July 2013