“Best Part of our Lisbon Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Epic Surf School

Epic Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Epic is mobile surf school in Lisbon,Portugal, based in the city center, aimed at surfers of all levels. From beginners to advanced, we know all surfers appreciate a close relationship with nature and value the adventure of discovering a wide range of surf spots, away from the overcrowded beaches. Epic Surf School provides daily departures from Lisbon's city center (with front door accommodation pick up option) exploring many of the hidden treasures along the Portuguese coastline. Besides transportation within a range of 80km (whenever a better and suitable surf spot is required), we provide full equipment, sport insurance and qualified local surf instructors fluent in english. Come and explore our Epic Surf Spots! We drive you to Epic Surfing Moments!Certifications:School and coaches certified by the Portuguese Surfing Federation; Certification by the Portuguese Tourism Institute;European First Aid Certification (Portuguese Red Cross); Sports Insurances.
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Part of our Lisbon Trip!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My friend and I were only in Lisbon for two days and decided to try and book a surfing lesson! I e-mailed Rui asking for more information and he was honest about the difficult weather conditions on the weekend, but was accommodating in trying to book us a lesson on Monday. He gave us great directions to our meeting point, provided easy transportation to the beach site, had the wet suits and boards and even brought us back to the hostel. Having never surfed before, it was a bit nerve-racking but Rui provided us with all of the knowledge and skills we needed training us on sand and in the water. He was so much fun and took great pictures for us to document! He was extremely observant and immediately picked up on what we should work on in order for us to stand up- and we both did! I would definitely recommend Epic Surf School to anyone willing to surf, Rui was amazing in accommodating my friend and I. It was definitely our best day in Lisbon!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank amcphers

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best day of our Lisbon trip”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My Mum and I were in Lisbon for a few days and having never surfed before and having no experience with water sports we plucked up the courage to book a surf class in a moment of madness. We were both quite apprehensive before the class and my Mum in particular was worried she wouldn't be able for it. All of those fears disappeared once we met Rui, He was an excellent teacher, encouraging, passionate about surfing and incredibly patient. The day surpassed all expectations and what was initially included in our trip as an after-thought ended up being the best day of our holiday by far. I would thoroughly recommend Rui's Epic Surf School to anyone open to experiencing new things and even to those who would usually shy away from new adventures! You won't regret it!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank LisaR_Ireland_12
Belfast, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great lesson and great instructor”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Booking was no problem as it was very last minute, literally the night before, I think I was lucky as it is off season. Surf lesson was awesome. Rui took it nice and easy, knew my strengths and weaknesses, nice hands on approach without getting too involved. Had all the correct equipment, wet suit was perfect size. Picked me up and left me off no problems. Honestly no complaints, if back in Lisbon will definitely do it again

2 Thank tommymcg16
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Rui's Epic Surf School is truly deserving of the number one spot on this list. My boyfriend and I visited Lisbon for a short break, every day of which was wonderful but this was definitely the most fun! As complete beginners, we were unsure of what to expect but couldn't have wished for a more enjoyable experience.

We were collected and dropped off at our apartment for a very reasonable price. Rui was friendly and we felt instantly at ease. When we arrived we quickly got changed into our wetsuits, not an ideal location to do this but it didn't matter one bit as the private and quiet area of the beach made for a much better experience. We headed for the sand where Rui gave important safety instructions and demonstrations. He got us into the water quickly but not without ensuring we all felt confident first.

In the water, we were left to try climbing and catching waves under the supervision of Rui. He was an excellent teacher, helpful whilst also encouraging independence. We returned to the beach for the second set of instructions and were back in the water before we knew it. This time we were all aiming to get up on our boards - this is where Rui's energy and patience was amazing - he was absolutely dedicated to helping everyone surf the waves standing up!

Overall, we absolutely loved this experience and highly recommend it to anyone visitng Lisbon!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Amanda D
Manchester
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“One word..... Awesome!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I booked this as part of our four day trip is Lisbon and enjoyed every second of it, Rui is a fantastic teacher, very experienced. We felt like we were in good hands the whole way through, he is patient, encouraging, and fun to be around..... Do this !!

2 Thank Danielle D