I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Everyone working there we encountered was friendly and helpful. The hotel is (as you'd expect) beautifully designed - the different designs on different floors thing is a fun idea and we chose an Urban room to stay in, which had graffiti artwork, beautifully soft grey walls and a bright orange bathroom, complete with orange loo roll!
The bar/breakfast area is beautiful and breakfast was a nice buffet - various pastries, cold meats, cheeses, quiche etc with hot dishes made to order. We had a drink in the bar one night (which was pricey) and it had a nice vibe but didn't get very busy.
The free wi-fi was a nice touch, most hotels seem to charge for it.
The location is great as well, right on the Rossio and Lisbon is so small you can pretty much walk anywhere from there - over to Alfama, up to Bairro Alto etc.
Great hotel, and we'll definitely be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the best possible location in Lisbon, this modern boutique design hotel is born, like a phoenix, from the ancient structures of one of the first luxury hotels in Portugal. The daring use of the colour Lilac in its façade, right on the traditional Rossio Square, denounce to the world the purposes of reinvention and exclusivity offered to a happy few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Internacional Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Design Lisbon
- Hotel Internacional Design