“A good find, in a nice peaceful leafy street in Lisbon!”
Review of Turim Lisboa Hotel

Turim Lisboa Hotel
Ranked #142 of 253 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in May as part of a BA package.
The room was very clean and spacious and the staff were really genuinely friendly and helpful.
I felt that all the staff were very happy to be working at the hotel.
My only gripe was the shower curtain, but i got used to that after a while!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kirbykx
There are newer reviews for Turim Lisboa Hotel

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here for two nights through a flight+accomodation deal found in Metro, Staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly! They also spoke English very well. Room was spacious and clean, with adequate storage. Only criticism would be that the room was always a bit too warm, because the heating was set at a minimum of 16C - not a massive deal though. Breakfast was included and was very good, with lots of options to choose from. Plenty for vegetarians too. Location was fine - not super central, but only 3mins walk from the nearest Metro stop, and it was about five mins to the centre from there. Restaurants and post office nearby. All in all, very good indeed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mookie200
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We decided to take the bus from the airport and it couldn't have been easier (once we got our bearings!) Our room was at the back of the hotel and was adjoining a family room with a baby. Given we only had three days and wanted to be sure of peace and quiet we asked to move - no problem at all and the room we got overlooked the front of the hotel with the slightly shabby street as our view (typical of Lisbon we found) and a balcony. perfect. Breakfast was absolutely fine with a wide choice of fruits, cereals, cooked, pastries etc. the fruit juice was very sweet and almost like cordial .... not what I was expecting. Tea is best drunk weak and black! hotel staff were all very good and helpful beyond the call of duty; this makes all the difference.
Use a Lisbon card to get about ........... really easy on the metro and the bus (both are within five minutes walk and get you straight into town).

I would definitely recommend this hotel as a base for Lisbon touring.

3  Thank 555martina
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I didn't stay at the hotel, but was in Lisbon for the day on tuesday 10 april, and had lost my way. I walked into the hotel and asked for directions to a particular street. The male front desk agent was really helpful. Even though I was just a passerby, he went online to look the street up, marked it for me on a map and told me how to get there.

Now that's really good customer service and really nice of the gentleman to help me, even though I was not a hotel guest. Obrigado :-)

• Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank bosch311
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Transport links really close to hotel - Metro, Airport bus, local buses all within 5 minutes walk. Hotel has enormous rooms, well maintained, good selection of choice for breakfast (hot & cold). Although hot buffet repetitive. Staff extremely helpful with all our enquiries. Free wifi in rooms. Airport bus ticket (3.5 euros)gives you access to buses for 24 hours, and then bought Lisbon card 35 euros for 3 days which gave us option of using all types of transport. Went to Sintra, Caiscas & Estoril by train, used trams to Baira Alto & Alfmada, and the variety of buses to take us into central Lisbon (10 mins) away.

5  Thank taurusCroydon
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is another late review from 2011 trips I took. Anyway, I booked this hotel over the one recommended by my friend and I'm glad I did. I stayed here on March 24-31, 2011.

Staff. Welcoming, approachable, helpful.

Room. Clean, spacious, quiet and well lighted. Amenities are as posted on their website. The bathroom is also big with plenty of towels. Mind that in a few places I've stayed, when they realized that I'm by myself, the towels would decreased in number or not replenished as much. There is also small balcony where you can view the tree lined street below while standing.

Breakfast came with the room rate but the only thing I didn't like about this place. I tried it once and found the wait to be seated too long and not much to choose from. Besides, I like going to a neighborhood bar not only for coffee and pastry but the added benefit of experiencing the rhythm of the neighborhood albeit brief.

Location. It's on a quiet, clean neighborhood , a block away are the Pingo Doce grocery store, post office, and another fruit market, Super frutas. Next to Super frutas is an ATM machine. There are a number of neighborhood eateries as well. Parque is the closest metro station on Av. Aguiar . Walking down Av. Aguiar will take you Av. de Melo where there are plenty of bus to catch.

When I get the chance to go back to Lisbon, I will stay here again.

PS. As in any city anywhere, be aware of pickpockets or people who try to intimidate tourists by yelling in order to distract . It happened to me on this trip around Av. de Melo while waiting for a bus. Sadly for that group of people, the first two jointly yelled at me something about cellphone and when that didn't work, the other two followed/crowded behind me when I got on the bus , I figured out what they were trying to do. LOL, they have nothing on the gypsies at work I've seen on Metro A in Rome and the bus going to Tivoli.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank parrotfish07
Reviewed March 16, 2012

As other viewers mentioned this hotel is by no means 4 star but has massive rooms! nice neighborhood and quiet at night, -unless you have noisy neighbors staying in other rooms,which can be the possibility anywhere.
Bathroom as well is massive, the only negative on our side was the shower curtain in the bathtub, -doesn't scream hygiene,does it? But overall a very good,clean hotel,friendly helpful staff and great location!!

It is a minute away from a big supermarket (which has a little cafe within,good for a quick breakfast) and about 10mins walk from El Corte Ingles (which is a big department store.) It is also in walking distance (10mins) to Gulbenkian Museum and Modern Art Gallery.

It costs around 7-8 euros by cab from/to airport, but be aware they charge for luggage which is around 1.20-1.60 per piece, so overall it makes it around 10-12 euros which is cool.

The hotel is 5 mins from the nearest metro (Parque) which takes you to the city center in about 7 mins. Daily travel card costs 5 euros and it's valid for anything you get on, as well it lasts 24hours -not just the day. We thought about getting Lisbon Card initially but if you are spending a long weekend only I suggest you but your travel cards and pay for entries yourselves, because there's free entry to many of the things you'd wanna see until Sunday's midday anyway.

There are plenty of restaurants around the hotel but if you fancy more you could take the metro and go down 3 stops to the heart of the restaurants. Still mind you, many restaurants are closed on Sundays. (the only restaurant open in the hotel's neighborhood on Sunday is Restaurant Colina apparently)

Room Tip: rooms in higher up and not facing the main road would be quieter
2  Thank Monk2150