“Very clean, friendly staff, nice location”

TRYP Lisboa Oriente Hotel
Ranked #109 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel is very clean and the staff are excellent. They always have a smile and are very accomodating. The room has great room darkening curtains, nice desk and chair and is spacious. There is a flat screen TV and full length mirror. The lighting is a bit dim with the shades drawn or at night. There is a wall mounted hair dryer and a small fridge, but no iron or ironing board in the room. The air conditioning vent sits high on the wall and is not pointed at the bed and the room was heat soaked when I checked in so getting it cool was a challenge. I do not know why they put foot rugs on the wood floor, by the bed, that had no backing or rubber mat to hold them in place. I slipped more then once. I am surprised someone has not gotten hurt. Plus they are the only thing in the room that look like they could use a good cleaning.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the water get very warm.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Tryp Oriente L, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Lisboa Oriente Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

We would like to express our gratitude for selecting our hotel.

The iron and ironing board are available on request. Unfortunately the August heat is very challenging for our A/C system and we always try our best to keep it as cool as possible. The foot rug issue is being solved one by one at this moment.

Looking forward to see you soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night during a short visit to Lisbon. Hotel was 5 min (taxi) from the airport, so the convenience is obvious. It's also near the metro and the tourist bus route - just hop on the bus and start your excursion. The rooms are basic but nice and clean, absolutely satisfactory for most travelers. Staff was very helpful, they allowed me to checking around 9AM and check out next day at 3PM - this was great considering that normal check in is 3PM and check out is 12PM. I was also able to leave my luggage at the front desk and pick it up before mi departing flight. Overall, very good experience. I would certainly stay here again, especially if need to be close to the airport or for a short trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

We would like to express our gratitude for selecting our hotel.

Thank you for your kind words, which we will take into maximum consideration, always trying to improve our services. Looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We recently spent the first and last night of a trip to Portugal in the hotel. It is rather close to the airport, 7-8 € trip and it is very close to several places to eat, shop, etc.

We were quite pleased with the staff at the reception both times, very friendly and when we returned we appreciated getting a room at an even higher floor the second time ( 10 and 13.) We had booked the cheaper room towards the railway tracks, but with a room that high, we were not disturbed by noise.

Rooms were quite nice, clean, with very nice bathrooms as well. The bed was a bit to firm for my taste. A separate desk to work at was a plus, and since they offer free wifi (passwords at reception), we were able to catch up on e-mail etc. I would consider this hotel if going to Lisbon on business, since they have all I would need.

We decided to have dinner at the hotel and the food was quite ok, but the staff serving was not. Service was very slow! We thought it might have been a bad day the first evening and made the mistake to try again our last night. There were hardly any one in there, and they still left tables that were not properly set. The service was slow again, and when our food came, on of the dishes was not what we had ordered. With only2-3 tables busy that is quite remarkable. And we do not mind restaurants having trainees, but then they should get trained… Having chosen a wine, we got a bottle where he broke the cork several times before he got the bottle open, then he poured for my partner and had him taste, and getting his ok, filled his glass and then came over to my side to have me taste and then pour as well. I would like to know what had been done if I had said no when tasting…

We knew we had to leave early the next morning for our flight and were told they would have a free shuttle for us if we booked it. The next morning it turned out that they pay for taxis to take you to the airport. If we had known the first time, we could have saved a little. An early bird service of a free coffee and some rolls or pastries would have been good, since breakfast does not open until 7.am.

my service rating if for everything but the staff at the restaurant.

Room Tip: High floor!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2013

First the good: 1) location - walking distance to the gorgeous train station (worth some photos if you're architecturally inclined), Vasco da Gama Mall (excellent shopping), and great views to the Tejo (Portuguese for Tagus) river. The neighborhood is safe and upscale. It's relatively close to the airport - 6€ - 10€ depending on how much luggage you have; 2) restaurant - open till 11:30 PM, good variety on the menu (fish, meat, pasta), food is delicious, prices are reasonable, and I was even able to get fresh-squeezed orange juice at 10:30 PM; 4) Breakfast offerings are extensive, tasty, and well presented. Pay the extra 5€! 3) The rooms: comfortable and generously sized, great beds, good lighting. There are smoking and nonsmoking options; 4) Free wi-fi with steady connectivity in the rooms and in the lobby bar lounge; 5) fridge mini-bar in rooms; 6) taxis are usually waiting in front.
Now the not-so-good: 1) no assistance available for bringing luggage in and up to the room and the carts are like those in the airport - no hanging rod and they won't handle more than about 3 pieces (1 large with 2 small on top); 2) the elevator doors are like guillotines and there isn't a mechanism to stop them from closing just by putting something in the way; 3) it isn't possible to go from a lower to upper floor except by going to the lobby and then up; 4) service is on the indifferent side. When I mentioned the elevator issue, the desk clerk didn't comment. Over all, I enjoyed my stay here, and choose this hotel whenever I fly through Lisbon.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room on the river side to avoid the train noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank aishasolo
Tryp Oriente L, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Lisboa Oriente Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

We would like to express our gratitude for selecting our hotel.

We'd like to correct two things: the Restaurant is open until 10h30 pm, not 11h30 and the breakfast costs 9€ per person.

We appologize for the lack of assistance with the luggage, we don't have a person specifically for that, however we always help guests when possible and when they request it.

Both elevator issues have already been reported, we are waiting for it to be solved.

And we are obviously sorry for the indiference, it is not the idea you should get from us and it is something we always try to be good on.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at The Hotel Tryp Oriente twice during the month of July and it was a good stay. There are a few good points about the hotel it is conveniently near the airport, it is directly across the street from the Oriente Train Station, there is a nice mall across the street, and a visit to the TeleCabine is a must. The hotel was CLEAN, I was happy to see that the front desk clerks spoke English very well, so they are able to assist you with any questions and helpful information about the city. There was only one downer I had was that the hotel didn't have any Power CONVERTERS, so I could charge any of my computer and electronics. Prior to my arrival I phoned the hotel and asked about this and they assured me that wouldn't be a problem, well it was! Luckily I was able to find a electronic store in mall "Warden" that had power converters. Hotel Tryp this is a problem that need your attention, 2-3 converters is unacceptable for a hotel with so many rooms. I stayed on the Expo and the City sides and my family and I prefer the city side. Another bright side of the hotel is the beautiful morning breakfast is EXCELLENT! The Restaurant and the Bar everything in there Food and Beverage departments are CLEAN, FRESH, and TASTY! My family and I enjoyed our two trips this month at the Hotel Tryp Oriente and we would return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We would like to express our gratitude for selecting our hotel.

We are sorry for the lack of power adaptors, we agree we should have it in great number, however there are times they just run out because there's great demand. We'll try our best not to happen again.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We drove from Gibraltar to Lisbon and received an excellent welcome from the staff at reception. We had a place in the hotel's garage available for the duration of our stay and the rooms were ready for us to refresh and organise ourselves. Situated in the Parque das Nacoes close to the expo site we found plenty of restaurants and hotels nearby. The station is practically next door so you could get about without having to disturb your car. It has a big shopping center with a supermarket too..

The rooms were a good size and offering comfort all round. The breakfast which was included in our rate was excellent. A very varied hot and cold buffet with plenty of fruits and breads to choose from. The service very good in spite of it being very crowded as we were there for the Rotarians International Conference. Everyone was happy and satisfied with the treatment received.

The hotel's own restaurant was quite good though the choise limited. The bar was very good to have drinks and snacks. All the staff spoke English. The reception staff went out of their way to recommend us tpical \portuguese restaurants as well as fado place to visit. We enjoyed out four day stay very much and fully recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ana A
Tryp Oriente L, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Lisboa Oriente Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Guest Experience

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at Tryp Lisboa Oriente in late June and found the overall quality of this hotel to be excellent. The front desk staff were courteous and accommodating as were the wait staff at the in-house restaurant. I arrived a little early and the staff cheerfully processed an early check-in. My room was well appointed and comfortable. The location of this hotel is just a few steps from "Oriente" metro station and this was most convenient. The buffet breakfast was also excellent with many choices available.

If I stay here again, the only thing I would do differently is request a room on a higher floor on the side that faces the water.

Room Tip: If I stay here again, the only thing I would do differently is request a room on a higher floor on t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo