Residencial Florescente
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
Hotel Avenida Palace(Lisbon)
1,602 results
All reviewspedestrian streetgreat locationrestaurant rowbacon and scrambled eggscentral locationbreakfast roomthe hard rock cafechanged every dayrossio train stationlarge bathroombudget hotelwould stay here againfront desk staffyogurtnoisy at nightdouble roomstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great experience, highly recommended I stayed here for over one week with a friend. We both liked the breakfast buffet with many choices, fresh breads, baked apples, cereals, eggs sunny side up, scrambled eggs, fresh fruits, coffee, tea, milk, juices and service with a big smile of all of the staff. It is hard to beat the incredible location on a pedestrian street, Metrostop Restauradores at the back of the block, Tourist info around the corner. The rooms are quirky, some big, some smaller, with flat screen tv, heating/ airconditioning, many electrical outlets, and basic comforts. Free wifi all through the hotel + a big desks with two PCs in the large lounge. Front desk speaks excellent English. When you phone them they will get you a better price than any of the booking sites. Also a big plus is that they can get you a taxi driven by an honest cab driver, which goes by the meter. The trip to the aeroport with luggage is about 10-12 euros, which means that the aerobus with 3,85 per person if there are two of you is not really that much cheaper. All in all I recommend this hotel as it has all the things I would be looking for when on a holiday: location, clean, good breakfast, service with a smile.

Room Tip: We were two but booked a room for three which gave us a lot more space, well worth the extra money. We loved our room on the 5th floor overlooking the street from our french balcony. Personally I disliked the noise of the ventilation machines at the back of the hotel. The street noise on the 5th floor was not bad and did not keep us from our sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Marsgoddess
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I travelled to Lisbon for a three night stay, I needed something central, affordable and clean. The hotel ticked all these boxes. We opted for room 407, near the back of the hotel as we did not want to have sleepless nights, unfortunately the walls are thin throughout the hotel, so getting away from noise is not an option. When one takes into account what we paid incl of breakfast and how convenient the location was, I didn't mind too much too lose some nights of sleep. Had we stayed for a week, I would have opted for a different hotel as sleep is necessary when you have full scheduled days.

The breakfast was sufficient, and the staff were friendly and considerate. We asked for more pillows and that was not an issue.

Overall, I was happy we found this spot.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gemine b
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Helpful staff. Great breakfast. Great location close to Rossio Station and downtown's heart. Small room. Good bathroom with tube. White and clean bathroom. Elevator. Walking street with many restaurants. It's own restaurant (Perola) is very nice. This is my third staying.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank ASampaioF
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family of 2 parents and 4 adult children traveled to Europe in the fall, and since we could not all agree on where to go together, we all split up for part of our trip so we could all see what we wanted! The goal for each of us was to find affordable, well-located hotels, and this one fits that description perfectly. The rooms are small but very clean, and the air-con works well. My only complaint would be the tiny bathroom, in particular the glass door which opens right onto the room. I was sharing the room with my daughter, and we did want at least a bit of privacy. The internet worked well, and the lobby/sitting area was great. The staff at the front desk are extremely helpful; you really could not ask for more. Breakfast is served at the restaurant next door (the buildings are connected), and that restaurant is quite good. The breakfast is hot, with eggs, bacon, cooked tomatoes, fruit, etc. It was a good breakfast though not the best breakfast we've ever had, but it was in no way cheap or trashy like you can find in some buffets. The street in front of the hotel transforms into open-air restaurants by early afternoon. There is no shortage of places to eat. You are just a few minutes from the Rossio train station, shopping, a huge taxi stand. Overall, we experienced clean, comfortable rooms, nice staff, and superb location.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel do look down onto the street. The plus is a lovely view. The possible negative is late-night revelers walking down the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GoodToGoGirl
Reviewed November 5, 2012

By far one of the best independent hotels I have stayed in. Room was well decorated, comfy bed, large and well lit toilet and everything was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was wonderful. Shame I only had two nights here - but I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends