“Nice,Clean,Central,Good Food, Marques de Pombal :)”

Marques De Pombal Hotel
Ranked #45 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in May 2012. I did not spend much time in the hotel because it has a very good location. Walking distance to down town, restaurants, bars etc.. right infront of the metro entrance. 25 mins far from sea side, by walking but its a nice walk. Check the pic attached.
My room was big, clean and quit. The recepcionists and all the stuf I met were all friendly and charming. I do not remember anything bad about this hotel and if I go one day, I will deffinitely stay here again. I did not give 5 starts because I have been couple of other hotels that even made my business trips as a real holiday but again I only remember nice things about Marques de Pombal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Wonderful staff: very welcoming, friendly,helpful and polite. The room was very comfortable,very clean and adequate supplies of toiletries. It was extremely quiet with no noise at all. The restaurant was very enjoyable with a fine menu and excellent service as was the adjoining bar. The Hotel is in a very convenient location within walking distance of the centre of the city and a Metro stop outside the door if you do not wish to walk. I would definitely return. The outstanding feature for me was the staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

It was a lovely vacation for my boyfriend and I. The hotel is really very refined. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful. The rooms were extremely clan and large, with very original drawings on the walls. It is very convenient to get to the center by foot and it’s also very close to public transportation stations. I am happy to recommend this hotel; it’s truly a dreamy place, at least for us it was.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LulaMorila
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed for two nights at Marques de Pombal Hotel, which was our first stop of a 10-day trip to Portugal and Paris. Location is excellent. Subway station is right in front of the hotel and it is located in a walking distance to the city center. We had a room overlooking Marques de Pombal Avenue, which was very comfortable and silent. Bathroom was also good. Rates includes breakfast, which has several options of fruit, bread, cheese, juices. Service is very attentive and staff is quite helpful. The only downsize is the Wi-Fi access. The service was very irregular and we were offline for many times during the stay. I will definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This summarize my opinion: nothing to thrill you, nothing to disappoint you. Nice rooms (very quite even though I was on the first floor), very clean and comfortable. The only thing that I didn't like was the room door as didn't closed automatically and you had to pull it hard to close. The hotel is quite close to Barrio Alto (10-15 minutes) and the sea. Breakfast is nice and full (many options).
What also fall into my attention was the reception: I made a very fast check-in but after that I didn't communicate with anyone until the check-out. Now "hello", "good morning" or "good evening" from anyone. I was passing by the reception to take the elevator and no one addressed me.
As a closing comment: I would recommend to someone to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were planning a three night trip to Lisbon and decided to stay at the Marques De Pombal, based on glowing TripAdvisor reviews. What a great decision! The lovely hotel is on Lisbon's Fifth Avenue, the elegant, tree-lined Avenida de Libertade. It is a short walk from many excellent restaurants. It is literally across the street from a Metro stop. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Our room was lovely, spacious, beautifully appointed, with a very comfortable bed,

The included buffet breakfast was fine with a fair--though not huge--amount of choices. We had drinks and dinner at the hotel restaurant one night and were quite pleased. The food was excellent and creatively prepared. In short, this is a fine hotel and one we recommend unreservedly.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank techfran
Reviewed December 4, 2013

*Hotel Review - Marques de Pombal - by Top Contributor AngryAngMo*
We choose this hotel for our weekend trip to Portugal, Lisbon, and it turned out to be a great base for exploring Lisbon and the areas around it. very convenient location, good service, only a bit on the pricey side. I am sure you can find equally located hotels for cheaper, but you will probably lag the service and room quality. We had no complains about the rooms or the hotel itself. Only our Airline KLM lost our luggages which was very annoying.
Stay: 3 Nights
When: June 2011
Room: Standard Double Room
Price: 450 SGD + Hotel Taxes
Breakfast included - YES
Location:
The hotel is located right in the city center of Lisbon, we walked to all major tourist attraction areas, as well as the sea promenade. There is public transport nearby, but to explore Lisbon itself, no extra transportation is required. We did a day trip to Sintra (highly recommended) and we walked to the train station about 10mins max. The area is safe, however note that the hotel is located at a big interchange, so if you get a low level room, facing the street it might be a bit loud in the morning during rush hours.
Hotel / Rooms:
We didn't spend much time in the hotel as we were out the whole time exploring Lisbon and the cities around. But breakfast was great, rooms are big and comfortable. The bathroom was modern. We had no complains. The airline (KLM) lost our luggage on the flight, but send it over to the hotel, so we were quite happy to find them in our room, when we arrived back in the evening.
EXTRA GOOD:
+ Location
+ Good Service

BAD:
- Expensive

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room as the hotel is located at a big interchange