“Good location, comfortable”
Review of Hotel Jorge V

Hotel Jorge V
Ranked #191 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of August and were very pleased with it. The hotel has seen better days, but the rooms are clean (although smelt a bit musty), the bed was good, as was the linen, and we slept really well. The location is fantastic! Our room was on the 6th floor, facing the street, with a balcony from which you could see the Tejo!
Breakfast was good, but items started to run out after the first hour. So it's best to be there early. The coffee and juice were both watered down and awful. But that didn't bother us, since after the first morning we brought our own instant coffee sachets to breakfast (hot water was available).
In Portugal you don't always have to eat Portuguese cuisine and if you feel like having some Chinese food, there's a very good restaurant not too far from the hotel. We found restaurant Nuvem-Mar thanks to the help of the hotel reception staff and enjoyed a tasty meal there.
I do recommend Jorge V, we received very good value for our money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KatMar_12

Reviewed September 3, 2013

located close to the city center, comfortable, large and quite rooms, excellent breakfast,
high speed Wi-Fi, nice staff.
bed very comfortable.
I would choose to stay here again without a doubt.
Hotel is close to the train and bus stations and easy to reach the old city center.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AmirCaus
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hotel well located, quiet area, relatively close to the center (two subway / bus stations), clean, safe, very friendly staff, available for help.Breakfast is varied and very good, except the fruit juice that is not natural. But sweets are brilliant, the best quality.
Hotel ideal for those who come to Lisbon to see the city not to stay in the hotel becouse is not that does not have restaurant or other services ....
Preferably room with balcony ....

Room Tip: Room with balcony, upper floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Although this is only 3 star hotel everything was very good. It is located at the quiet street and we had no problems with traffic noise. Sound profing was excellent. All rooms facing this street have balcony that is nice. The room was clean. The breakfast was OK. Maybe the only issue was WiFi - as we stayed at the 6th floor the WiFi was weak.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vlad K
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We enjoyed our 10 night stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate. The little bar was a good spot for a beer or a small port after a long day.
Location was excellent with lots of choices for meals nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stanjanj
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would like to share with you my recent catastrophe experience with Jorge V Hotel in Lisbon. To be honest I made an official complaint at Jorge V hotel in Lisbon where I have been robbed and my money has been stolen. To describe situation: I was staying at the hotel between 5th and 12th of July. When I arrived to the hotel I put my Polish money (why to carry with me in Portugal?) into a plastic bag and located it into my suitcase in the pocket which was not opened to the public. While checking out I took out the bag and it turned out the notes were stolen (around 50EUR in Polish zloty currency) while the coins remained. To take this money someone had to deeply look through my stuff into the suitcase which claims a violation of my privacy so as theft of my belongings. I spoke to the reception desk clerk so as to the manager on the day of my check out, July the 12th, 10:30 a.m. local time and both refused to admit the crime as they were claiming I should have to put the objects of any value to the safe box (I was just wondering, If I would have considered all my stuff valuable objects, should I have been putting all of them to the safe box? And what is more important, I did not put the money into the safe box, but it did not change the fact I have been robbed and my privacy has been violated). I have been offered to call the Police but as I had to leave to the airport at 11:00 a.m. I resigned from it. To summarize: I understand I did not put my money into the safe box, but to take them it needed an extension exploration of my suitcase staying at the hotel, thus my privacy has been violated. Such a fact has happened to me the first time in my life, though I have been traveling all over the world. At the end, while I was leaving the hotel, the hotel staff did not respond "good bye" to me. The situation was catastrophically handled with their side and they did not even bother to reply "good bye". I could not believe the treatment I had been through there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank Anna R
Reviewed June 24, 2013

5 mins will take you a short walk past all the top designer shops in lisbon to the main square nice breakfasts, airport bus stops on the avenue liberdade 200 meters away from the hotel tourist yellow bus stops at this stop as well also many resteraunts as you enter the square
to left hand side best one was italian loved lisbon arthur fr4om dublin ps staff in hotel very good

Room Tip: all rooms quiet as this is in the banking center
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple