“Great staff”

Ranked #193 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great staff”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed there in July 2011. Convenient location, next to Av Liberdade. Walking distance from Bairro Alto and main squares. Staff was great, very friendly and attentive. They even let the bar open later than usual to cater for our drinking needs!

The breakfast served a continental variety of food. Overall very clean but it could with a renovation, specially in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dougie G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
England
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Stayed in January and was happy with my choice, the staff were friendly and helpful and the room clean and breakfast fine and items replaced frequently. Location wise it is about a ten minute walk down to the first main square and then another 5-8 mins to the next main square, buses run frequently up and down Avenue Liberade if you don't fancy the walk. As previous reviews have mentioned the walls are a bit thin but I think that is a common issue with hotels, also the power of the shower was not great.

Tips

When you exit the aerobus at Avenue Liberade, walk back up the street you have just come down and take the 3rd street on the left walk up that road and the hotel is the first road on the right, you should see it as soon as you look right into the road.

My tips are get the aeroport bus no 1 to the hotel, it was just a 15 mins ride ( local buses take much longer and are 1.75 ) and the ticket 3.50 euro allows you to travel on buses, trams and veniculars on that day ( not metro) and if you later just get the bus down to the square and back again you have already got good value out of it. You can get tickets from staff at the bus stop just out side the airport doors. Depending on how many days you stay you might want to buy your return ticket from them at the same time, to use it on public transport on your day of return you must have first had it stamped from the aerobus on that day, so on my day of return I got on the aerobus No 1 that was going into town, to get my stamp and I then continued my day using public transport and then returned to the airport on aeroport bus in the evening.

I always go on a tour bus and I chose the Yellow Bus tours for a change to the Redbus, the advantage is that you can use all the public transport bar metro when you have a Yellowbus ticket, I think the Yellow bus operator also runs the public transport in the city so it is all linked up. Lisbon is hilly so you may want to use buses, trams and the like.

If you are going to go on tram 28 or 15 be very beware of pickpockets who are apparently very good at removing items or so a police officer told me, best not to carry items that it would be a disaster if you lose. Other wise it feels like a very safe and lovely city.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th Floor
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lemondrizzle
warwickshire
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in November as part of a deal with Easyjet holidays. We arrived at the Hotel at midday and they found us a room to check in to early which was on the fifth floor with a small balcony.

The room was ok, a little faded but clean, comfortable and well heated ( we needed it the first night!). The breakfast is reasonable, there is fruit, cereal, crossaints, and 3 kinds of egg to put on your toast.

The hotel position is great, just off the av liberdada and 10 minutes walk to the main square. We found a very good local eatery Restuarant Bela Ipanea which is on the way to the town on the right as you walk down av liberdada. You can sit outside, stand and eat at the counter or sit and eat in the dining area and we found the local food very reasonable and the service excellent.

We walked up to the castle on our second day, E7 admission and worth it, then caught the train (E4.40 return( to Caiscais a 30 min train ride away along the coast for the afternoon. trains every 30 mins or less and well worth the trip.

On the following morning the receptionist called us a cab from a nearby rank who took us to the airport for a metered fare of about E10, this after I had "negotiated" a fare from the airport with a cab driver of E15!

Would stay again as the location is perfect, the staff pleasant, rooms clean and ok for a 3 star.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank roybWarwickshire
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I spent five night in this hotel during a recent visit to Lisbon. I have nothing but praise for the hotel and it's staff. Clean rooms with just a little bit "dated charm" which helped make them very cosy. Bed were firm and comfy, Flat screen TV, reasonably priced mini bar, nice breakfast. This hotel would be first on my list for accommodation when I return to Lisbon. I loved the hotel and was sad to be leaving. I would be surprised to hear anyone criticise this wonderful wee hotel. Made my five days in Lisbon all the more enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank its-farky
Chester
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Good location. Staff not the best. On checking out they tried to charge us for 2 chocolate bars from mini-fridge and acted like they were doing us a favour by letting us off the cost. Never touch the mini-fridge anywhere we stay as the prices are ridiculous. Maybe the staff get peckish! Rooms were adequate - breakfast was not included, though it was available at extra charge. Preffered to eat out locally as there are a good choice of cafes. Lisbon is a lovely visit to visit and we stayed for a week.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

1 Thank DranrebChester
cork
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Enjoyed a 3 night stay in this hotel which was only just off Avenida Da Liberade my room had a balcony which was nice to sit out on and enjoy the beautiful sun which shined during my stay in Lisbon. The room i had was clean and comfortable and the buffet breakfast was fine the staff were efficient and welcoming i would have no hesitation in staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank bren53Cork
Boston
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have had a four night break in Lisbon during September.

I stayed at the Hotel Jorge V which is close to Avenida da Liberade, the main road into the city centre. This was a good location as it was easy to walk into the city centre and to bars and restaurants nearby. The staff were helpful for maps, directions and a recommendation for a nearby restaurant. The room had en suite facilities, air conditioning and a safe; it was cleaned well daily with towels replaced daily. A drawback was that the shower wasn’t as powerful as I like it.

If I visit Lisbon again I would have no problems staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo