1,499 results
All reviewsjardim zoologicoprivilege roomrooftop poolmetro stationretractable roofcity centresete rios stationbusiness districtaccor hotelsblue lineclose to the airportgood sizetop floorhop on hop off bustransport linkswelcome drinkthe air conditioning
Reviewed October 28, 2017

I've traveled to Lisbon on a business trip and decided to stay over the weekend too.
It is a great option for accommodation in the city, well connected to downtown Lisbon, not a crowded area.
This hotel offers a rooftop swimming pool with great views over the city, helpful staff and multiple choices for breakfast. The room was clean and tidy, comfortable bed and bathroom was spacious.
If you're ever in Lisbon, I recommend this hotel. It won't fail your expectations.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Oana P
Claudiabaiao, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Lisboa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Guest,
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you. I will share your comments with our team that strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Best Regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2017

I made a mistake and booked a standard room, my mistake but has a hotelier
You always consider the world hospitality as part of your job.
As I said I made a mistake and book a standard room, and forgot to read the small prints. Standard doesn’t mean to me you are in hell.
Any way the Mercure Almada will treat you as a second zone customer. When I arrive since I was staying for 3 nights I was told the standard rooms are all on the first floor. Ok I could live with that and the standard room criteria need to be based on something... fair enough and here again my mistake .
I checked in in my room on the first floor so fat not issue, I wanted to open the window and realised I couldn’t as it was a room with a large sealed window. I called the fron desk and ask for a room with a window that could be opened. Answer from the staff you booked a standard room and in all the standard room you can’t open the window. At this stage I felt lucky that the standard room were not basement rooms and here again my mistake I did not read the room description as I assume that a standard room should offer some basic amenities regardless of the room category. I had a cold which made me probably a little grumpy and when to the bathroom for some tissues. Don’t look for tissues in a standard room at the Mercure hotel Almada because they aren’t any!!!
I did not called the front desk as I was already in the bad mood but went straight away to my car where I had a big box of tissues. My expectations at this stage were extremely low and I made a nasty comment about the amenities including only 1 big and 1 small towels in the bathroom.
Personally I put one of the towel on the chair in the room as I do not like to seat in underwear sometime on a chair that hasn’t been cleaned for month but with only 1 small and big towel in my room It was not really possible. I did not call the front desk as it was clear to me it was part of their standard room criteria.
Anyway the front desk called and mentioned since I had a few issues they will upgrade me !!!!!!!! No no no , I am not asking for an upgrade I just wanted the hotel to treat me as a client and not as a strandard room client. I had some special requests on arrival and it would have been nice to hear: you have booked our 1rst room category and unfortunately it is on the first floor but you have .....
I dislike the hotel business approach and I will never ever again stay there. The staff had no authority to make some basic decision and although it was my mistake they could have eventually offer an upgrade on arrival or mentioned the price supplement for the next room category

Room Tip: Business hotel with no charm
Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry for the problems that you had experience in your stay at Mercure Almada. Be sure that already adreesed your complaints to the right hotel so they can investigating these issues and take the appropriate measures to prevent future occurrences. Your feedback is very important for them. It is our hope that you’ll give them the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

First room was next to the elevator and main hallway, impossible to sleep, then we were moved but Internet access was not working for the next FOUR days, making my stay a nightmare without communication... All the time front desk team was explaining that they can not do much, etc...

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Miodrag R

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay in Mercure Lisboa. It’s a pleasure receive the opinions of our guests. We apologize for the problems that you had with the Internet system. We are aware that this incident may disturbed the quality of your stay. Rest assure you that we are taking the appropriate measures to continuously improve the quality of this service.
Thank you.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

Stayed three nights. Room comfortable and breakfast good. Ninth floor swimming pool is a bonus. handily placed for Metro stop.
Reception staff are helpful and on line check-in and check-out save lots of time.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very glad that you had enjoyed your stay in Mercure Lisboa. Satisfied clients are our greatest reward.
Thank you.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

I stayed there for 5 nights. I was able to get a room with Queen size bed on the 5th floor with breakfast included for 86 Euros per night. The rooms were clean. No carpet, just wood and tile on the floors. Some people don't like this but no issue for me. The window was small but it probably helps to cut down on exterior noise. I liked the coffee machine with the free coffee pods. I did not like the low flow shower head.
The pool is up on the 9th floor with a retractable roof. Not huge but large enough to cool off.
Breakfast every morning was decent though it was the exact same every morning. The bar/ restaurant serves meals every night. They have a buffet for 15 Euros on Wednesday night. There are a number of good restaurants all within walking distance and the folks at the reception desk are happy to give recommendations.
The best aspect of the hotel is the staff. Very friendly and professional.
If you want to get out to walk or run there are a number of running tracks around the vicinity of the hotel. You can also do some decent shopping in El Corte Ingles department store, which is 15 minutes walking distance. The closest metro station is about 10 minutes away, next to the zoo. If you want to use a hop on-hop off bus the Grey Line run service stops on the street close to the Mosque.
In a city where the hotels can be quite expensive I recommend the Mercure.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business