“Great hotel in Lisbon”

Ranked #50 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Great hotel in Lisbon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed for two nights prior to boarding a Wind Star cruise. Hotel is upscale in design and service. It deserves a five star rating. Very lush linens and bath amenities. The only draw back for us was that there was no outdoor area to sit and enjoy the view of the city. It is located on a hill so the walk back could be difficult after a long day of sightseeing. Skip the restaurant for breakfast, visit local cafes instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park or river...it is worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a visit to Lisbon and wasn't disappointed. The hotel is very nice, rooms good and the staff very helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was a big disappointment though, very little choice and everything cold.
The location of the hotel is quiet but close enough to the main attractions and night life areas, but not too close. We chose to walk most places but taxis are very cheap and the metro is very close by so very easy to get around.
The concierge was very helpful with recommending where to go and we were able to purchase tickets to the Aquariam (would recommend) at the hotel which if you are going I would recommend you doing as the queues can be quite long.
Really enjoyed our stay here and really liked Lisbon

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is great and deserves a 5 star rating. Especially the beds are very comfortable and very spacious. The check in desk could be better located as you really have to look for it. Also this 5 star hotel should get a swimming pool as summers in Portugal can be quite warm. The breakfast is really amazing and you have a lot of choice. The location of the hotel is quite okay, a cab will take you to the main streets in about 3 minutes.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Diego_Caeiro
London UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Previously a regular visitor to this hotel for business travel and was more than happy to recommend it. Stayed in September for a personal leisure trip.

Normally I chose to stay at Lisbon city centre (near Roisso) for leisure but based on the pleasant experience I had during my business trip I decided to give Tiara a try. It turned out to be a fantastic choice.

I am a light sleeper and the problem with city centre hotel is the traffic noise. Tiara hotel is extremely quiet, yet it is only about 5-10 minute walk into the shopping and dining area. The walk itself was very pleasant and not a hard work at all. The rooms are well equipped, with probably the best view of Lisbon from your window. The rooms are bright and airy, which is what you need in a city full of sunshine.

Service in the hotel has been consistently good. I was especially impressed with the breakfast. Tania was the waitress serving our table and she was very friendly and caring. This is also the case to all the breakfast staff in the restaurant. What a way to start your day with good choice of food and a smile! I also had a lunch at the hotel restaurant with friends and everyone was very happy with the food and service. I read some previous comment on the high price of breakfast. In fact during my trips in Portugal I feel it’s good value for money – a lot of bread, cooked food, cold food, various juice (love the watermelon juice) and fresh juices, sparkling wine. It’s lavish!

I have no hesitation recommending this hotel for both business and leisure purpose. This is the place that you feel comfortable and keep coming back.

Room Tip: Get an executive room with view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jtung74
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and were delighted. Our room was clean, classy, and spacious. The staff were also helpful and knowledgeable. They also have a business center with free internet access (my husband and I traveled stayed at two other hotels in Portugal as we were traveling cross-country and in London) and all our other hotels charged for usage. The hotel is situated a bit on a hill and unless walking was difficult for someone, we didn't mind it at all because you walk down a main road which is quite pretty and has lots of shopping. It was about 10 min. to the old town. Taxis to just about anywhere from the hotel were 5 euros. The only downside to the hotel was the cost of the breakfast (10 euros for sliced meat, breads and jams) and increasingly more for other items. Besides that, we loved it and would definitely stay again!

Uxbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I had booked an Executive Suite (When my wife and I travel we like to do it infrequently but in style) and I was absolutel gutted to be told that the room was not available. How the hell can a hotel not meet the contractual obligation that we entered into 3 months ago? Luckily we were upgraded as a result into a Junior Executive Room, I didn't really care, I just wanted a separate sleeping and relaxing area (love is one thing but come one snoring is another). The room was absolutely fantastic, a separate living area with large lounge, separate business area and a chaise longue to boot. Two tv's two mini bars and a super bathroom all added to the sense of luxury.
We decided to breakfast away from the hotel, based on previous reviews about the price, and found some pretty nice food but to be honest after eating at the hotel at breakfast two days out of 5 we both decided that to go elsewhere was a false economy. Even the Continental breakfast at 10 € plus was nicer than walking for a substandard breakfast elsewhere.
Following colleague advisors reviews we decided to eat in one night and have the 'taster menu' with wines at €49 per person. It was absolutely incredible. I'm a bit of a fat person and like a good amount of volume in my food but found myself not only thrilled with the taste of the dishes but also quite pleasantly full at the conclusion. The quality was fantastic!!!! I'm not a wine drinker by nature, preferring good beers, I had a pint of ' Super Bock' ' as an aperitf, which was well received. I have to say that the wines were superb. My wife, normally very abstemious with alcohol loved each of the wines, to the extent that we searched supermarkets for similar wines, loved the selections of the waiter. In short Go For It !

With one day to spare we decided to visit the town of 'Sintra'. The concierge advised that we take a priVate tour, something I viewed with terror both in respect to price but also liking to do my 'own thing' The cost of two of us on a tour bus was only slightly less than the €170 that the 'Concierge' at the hotel advised we pay for a private Mercedes Car and a driver/guide. It was money well spent as Paolo, our guide/driver, was knowledgeable, fun and a constant source of information. I highly advise this tour!!!

I will review different restaurants etc in other posts but as far as I am concerned the hotel is perfectly positioned, most cab fares are €6 or less to all parts of th citiy, quiet and with a great view.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Forks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We got a good deal when booking at the Tiara Park Atlantic and we definitely got our money's worth out of it. I would not, however, call it a 5-star hotel. All of the little things that you would expect from a 5-star place just weren't quite right (e.g., the pedal to lift the trashcan lid didn't work, the towel bar would fall off, etc.). It is also located near the top of the hill. Thus, walking to the old town area is doable, but walking back (especially after a meal) was not the funnest thing I ever did!

1 Thank JNW2