All reviewsyves rocherexcellent locationavenida metro stationnice hotelminute walkavenida liberdademain avenueside streetstayed here for nightsstaff on receptionyogurtbreakfast buffetfree wifigood sizetour busescity centrethe breakfast area
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel was very nice. The room was a good size, modern and very clean. The location is pretty good. It is right off of Av. de Liberdade, but requires a walk to get to the city center or downtown bairro alto. The walk is completely doable and is a nice way to see more of the city. Close to public transportation as well. The front desk was helpful, and the people working at the bar were also helpful and provided some good recommendations.

My only complaint is that after I left, I e-mailed the hotel regarding some forgotten items in the room, and I still have not heard back from them. I spent three nights there and had hoped that their helpfulness and courtesy would extend a bit after I had already paid. But, I guess I can only blame myself for being forgetful.

Tip: They told us there is no wireless in the room and we would have to get it in the lobby. However, when we turned on our computer in the room, we found we were able to get internet perfectly fine. Not sure if we just got lucky, but it was a nice surprise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

A bit late posting this (!) but I did have an extra-special stay at Lisboa, which is in an absolutely great location near to metro and bus stops but a really pleasant walk into the town centre and waterfront. Although I booked a 'single' room, I was lucky enough to get a huge room on the 6th floor, with its own massive sun terrace which was greatly enjoyed by the rest of my party after sightseeing and meals out. The atmosphere in the bar is a bit lacking of an evening but the drinks were good and breakfast was excellent - very varied with good coffee.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LondonLass32
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just back from a 6 day stay in this very friendly hotel. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and polite. Ricardo was particularly helpful, especially when we wanted to do some rather late shopping the evening before we left; he suggested Colombo (a 20 minute metro journey from Avenida and open until 12.00). It is the largest and most attractive shopping centre I have ever visited, there was even a small exhibition of oriental art. The third floor had plenty of restaurants with local food apart from the usual fast food junk. The previous days we had done all the tourist spots in town for which the hotel is ideally located. Metro, buses, trams and overland trains in easy walking distance. And in Lisbon that is a great advantage, it is very hilly and while we were there it was hot. The train to Sintra (not to be missed) is only 2.50 Euros and much more fun going on your own than taking a guided tour. There are buses from the station up into town and then on to the Pena Palace which is very high up. Don't miss too a Fado performance (ask Ricardo for help with this too). The breakfast at the hotel was excellent and once I had explained that I liked my coffee piping hot I was supplied with a steaming cup from the kitchen each morning. You can even ask for a pot of tea rather than from the flasks.The hotel has free internet in the small lounge where I was able to check my emails each morning and we could check in to flights for our return. I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone going to Lisbon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 18MaryK
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Six of us (3 couples ) stayed here for three nights last week. The hotel has a good location just off Av. de. Liberdade only five minutes walk from the Aerobus 1 stop. We had what we supposed were standard rooms but they were more than adequate. Beds were comfortable and the bathrooms clean. Some may say they were a little on the small side, but they were fine for our short stay.

Hotel staff we found to be very pleasant and efficient, always willing to speak English but appreciating our faltering attempts at Portugese. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice of hot and cold. (note to hotel - bacon could do with being a bit cispier). A free welcomer drink in the bar on arrival is a nice touch.

Location was fine for us as it was handy for the bus stops and the metro, although more often than not we chose to walk. It is a bit of a hike to the Bairro Alto and the castle and some of the hills are real 'killers' in 30 degree heat, but it's a good excuse to stop for a drink !

The hotel is in quite a busy traffice area and some may complain about the noise, but after a full day walking up and down Lisbon's hills in 30 degree heat we didn't have much problem sleeping even with the window open, although the rooms have air conditioning. NB. Close the net curtails unless you want the employees of the BBV bank across the road to get an 'eyefull'

All of us agreed the hotel was a good choice and we would stay there again if visiting Lisbon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WakefieldWildcat
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here one night on our return trip from Porto. Booked 2 rooms online. Arrived early and they were not able to give us our rooms, but offered to store our bags with no issues. We went for lunch and the rooms were available on schedule. Good, clean, friendly, modern. Location was fabulous. We did not have time to sample the restaurant, nor the spa. Early checkout was without issue.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends