“That Brunch and that burguer !!!! the best !”

Lisboa Rota das Sedas
Ranked #2,453 of 4,455 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Comer com memorias...E com olhar entusiasta que o Chef Nuno Diniz relembra: - Nao queremos a surpresa do "aaahhh", mas sim a do "hummm". Aqui, o que se faz e uma cozinha simples, dirigida pela mestria de quem melhor sabe e retem na memoria agradaveis lembrancas de outros tempos, inspirada em alguns comeres rapidos com uma concentracao absoluta no gosto. O foco esta no sabor e nada nos desvia dele. Nao se fala, por isso, em petisco, pois ele e por nos empurrado ate um patamar bem superior.No LISBOA NA ROTA DAS SEDAS, a cozinha e baseada em produtos tratados segundo as tradicoes lisboetas, abertos a todas as influencias. O que praticamos e uma cozinha de tradicao tolerante - onde ha lugar para tudo o que nao seja absurdo - e de aproveitamento sustentavel.Nos versos deste hino de combinacoes sustentadas e idealizadas temos, por exemplo, pratos como Sopa de Peixe a Lisboeta, uma serie de elementos que tradicionalmente se comem com as maos - sem se pensar em mais nada -, favas ricas, Acorda de Camarao e Feijoada de Polvo a Cascais, o famoso Bife a Faustino ou ainda Iscas com "elas". Atras de cada prato: uma historia.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm from Lisbon and there are few good , good spots to have a saturday or sunday really good brunch like ROTA DAS SEDAS . This one is TOP !!! . and the other day went there to dinner and tried the burger , and Oh My God ! Hadn't a gourmet burger so good for years . All the employes were really nice , and even being a fancy , where to be place in Lisbon , I didn't find it snob at all , quite the contrary , nice ,cool, beautiful people , with a very good vibe . We need more places like this one.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

As I didn’t start traveling abroad this year i'll countinue telling you about the visits I make to Portuguese restaurants. I recently visited , more than once this one and others i also will comment.
Rota das Sedas is a beautiful restaurant with a balcony, surely more pleasant in spring or summer, but can be used in winter because they put some heaters there and that works.
We went to dinner, but for lunch, with more ligth and overlooking the backyard must also be very nice. And you can smoke on the balcony. But you can also stay inside, well decorated and pleasant rooms.
The food, as the name says (Silk Route) is a route around the world, and the dishes are not originals of different places (Asia, Brazil, etc.)., but inspired by their food.
One time we were 2 and we ate the tasting menu, which is not cheap (about 80/90 euros for 2p) but worth the price and surprised us very positively.
The second time, with a group of friends, we ate various dishes and entrees and everyone liked.
The service is attentive and correct, without being exceptional.
I'll go back soon with another group of friends.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Although the price has gone up, this place has a good variety of options for brunch and a nice location although personally I think that being able to sit outside with warm weather is much nicer.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went there for lunch at the S. Valentin's day. It´s a nice place to go especially in a sunny day. It has a good atmosphere, a nice service and a wonderful food. I think it will be a nice place to go diner too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Tables
Reviewed February 7, 2013

A perfect name for this kind of lunch to get people to come check out the restaurant :) Though a little bit more expensive than your typical tasca, the gourmet style 3 course lunch menu for €13.50 was delicious and worth the money so I didn't mind paying a little extra for a glass of smooth Luis Pato red wine to accompany my meal in their lovely enclosed garden terrace on a winter day. My only critique was that the service was a little slow in the beginning, perhaps have more servers if there is a lot of people? I hope our next time here for dinner will be just as nice and I may have to try their new even cheaper "Gasparito" lunch plate of the day for only €8. Keep up the good work!