Lisbon Marriott Hotel
$131
$172
$166
  • Restaurant
TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel(Lisbon)
$190
$141
Melia.com
$276
$264
  • Restaurant
$290
Hotwire.com
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
$61
$249
$226
2,440 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeclose to the airportjardim zoologicocity centrelarge hotelbusiness triptaxi rideoutdoor poollobby barsmall balconymetro stationpublic transportationcomfortable roomspastriesconciergetaxiseuros
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The staff here is excellent, from the bellhops to the service workers. It has sparkling public spaces and guest rooms. The closet door did not work in one of our rooms during our second stay. We originally stayed for three nights and returned for our last night before returning home. I had left an ipad in the room, but the staff looked for it and returned it to me when we came back. The honesty, professionalism, and warmth of the staff are the high points. It is a bit far from the center so we had to either walk ten minutes to the metro or take a taxi, which was actually not too expensive. The restaurant food was quite good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the park.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Lisbon Marriott is very near to the Lisbon Airport. In fact when going from aircraft to the airport, one can see the Marriott board. While it is so near the Taxi will charge a fix 15 Euro for the distance. On the way back it may cost anything between 7 to 9 Euro to the airport from hotel. The hotel is well managed with courteous staff. The breakfast spread is very good, however vegetarians may find very limited spread. The conferencing facilities are also very good. The hotel is as many call it 'away from the city centre' the taxi costs hardly 6-8 Euros to reach the city centre. The hotel has a decent gym and one outdoor swimming pool. One of the largest mall in Lisbon 'Colombo' is also not very far and within 6-8 Euro taxi fare distance. The travel information is provided enerously and one can collect the hop on/hop off bus tickets within the hotel itself. A bus comes at 9 am in the hotel to collect the guests to the hop on/ hop off starting point One can also negotiate a deal with the taxi drivers waiting in the hotel premises to take you on a city tour. The asking rate is 150 Euro for a large taxi and for a Taxi car one can negotiate upto 60 Euro for a city tour lasting 3-4 hours at your ease.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor else for a room facing the outdoor swimming pool if you get a lower floor.
1  Thank Sanjeev_2
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed for a week at this hotel in Lisbon. It isn’t on a commercial or touristic area, but there are 3 different subway stations within 10 minutes walking distance. Although the hotel exterior isn’t inviting, indoors it's beautiful and pleasant.

All our requests were accomplished at check-in. We were assigned to a pool view room at 10th floor, with a partial city view and a gorgeous afternoon winter sun at the balcony. The room (#1034) was a small typical Marriott room, with a comfortable king sized bed which provided us a good sleep quality. The housekeeping did a great job, even though one day there was a minor issue, promptly resolved at our request.

We had the buffet breakfast every day. We can assure you that the quality and variety were greater than some of the top-end hotels we’ve stayed all over the world. We only missed the French toast.

Overall the service was excellent.

The hotel parking isn’t complimentary, but there is a public parking around the hotel, free of charge from 19:00 to 9:00 on weekdays and all day at weekends.

In summary, it’s a solid four stars hotel and we strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Silvia R, Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

We are very happy to hear we made your stay a wonderful experience. We will share your comments with our Housekeeping and F&B departments. They will be very happy to hear your comments.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback.

The Management.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed in the Lisbon Marriott towards the start of the year with a business trip.

The room was lovely and the staff were polite and friendly. Food was good, especially the all you can eat pasta buffet which I had several of the nights I was there!

There is a bridge near the hotel and a small cafe the other side which we visited one morning and a lovely fish restaurant nearby. Its isolated from the centre but there are things around if you are willing to walk for 10 minutes.

I am a conference AV Technician and we worked in the venue and found the C&B staff to be good and well organised. I would not hesitate to come here again for business though I'm not sure I would book the hotel for a social visit purely because of its isolation from the hussle and bussle!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Silvia R, Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments and for your wonderful feedback about our staff.
Although we are not located in the city center, we are only 10-15 minutes away from the airport and 15 minutes away from downtown Lisbon, which locates us in a convenient place for any traveler. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
The Management

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have read other customers' complimentary reviews, and upon returning to Australia after a lengthy holiday, have decided to warn people that this 'magnificent' hotel is sugar coated up with fancy finishes. However is the most descriminating and employs staff who have no qualms in lying and insulting guests!
Our family stayed at this hotel on an Insight Tour in August. Insight prides itself in obtaining the best for their customers. What a shock when upon arriving that the Marriott did not book our daughter into a room that had a free standing shower, even though requested well in advance. Staff on Reception said that there were absolutely NO rooms in the whole hotel that had such an amenity. This statement was repeated 3 times, with comments to us that "You do not understand Madam, an accessible room has been provided." To which we replied "Sir, our daughter is physically incapable of stepping into a bath tub." Again : "Madam you do not understand, that is all we have and it will work for her." He took our Tour Director and my husband to the room and stated arrogantly to my husband "Sir, my grandfather is in a wheelchair, and all that is needed is to wheel them up to the tub and TIP THEM IN. " My husband was so angry at the blatent disregard for safety and respect towards our daughter's needs. He replied "And you and which army are going to be able to get her out?" Then he said to the 'non' gentleman "Ok I notice that the shower head can be brought outside the bathtub. I shall wheel my daughter in and shower her outside the tub..and the water will have to run onto the carpet because there is no floor drain." "Sir, you can't do that." My husband replied that there was no alternative as my daughter needed bathroom facilities for hygiene, the same as all other guests. This man from the Marriott then angrily mumbled something in Portugese to our Tour Director. The Director said he could not repeat it to us. He was so disgusted. After returning to Reception it was then stated that YES THERE ARE FREESTANDING SHOWERS!!!!!!! Excuse me! They are in the suites and it would normally cost 125Euros extra...but he would give us one for 45 extra. The Tour Guide was furious and demanded that we be given the room at the price originally confirmed for a room with a free standing shower. End result...given the room on the 17th Floor...but refused to let my husband stay on the same floor...and put him down on the 2nd! We both care for our 35 year old daughter, but the Lisbon Marriott didn't care. When I asked them to record our Marriott Rewards number, I was asked whether or not we were on the top membership level. Excuse me again..no other Marriotts have ever asked that!
As paying guests with a reputable travel company, we were shocked at being held up at Reception with our desperately tired daughter...for over an HOUR! The arrogance was unbelievable. DISABLED PEOPLE ARE DEFINITELY NOT WELCOME.
We shall be making a formal complaint to the Marriott Hotel Chain. And likewise to Insight Tours who provide these hotels with so much business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Louise P
Silvia R, Manager at Lisbon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are indeed disappointed to read your comments and we sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

The staff at the Lisbon Marriott Hotel strive to serve all guests as best as we can, so we deeply regret the experience you had during your stay with us.

I have forward your comments to our Front Office Manager, please be assured that we will take your feedback very seriously. Additionally, I have spoken to our Chief Engineer that will take into account your feedback in order to improve the experience of our disable guests.

I also take this opportunity to inform you that our 4 rooms for disable guests are designed to allow wheelchair users adequate space to travel around the room and manoeuvre their wheelchair. Our public areas are also easily accessible and disabled guest have no problem circulating inside the hotel.

We sincerely hope that you and your family will visit us again, another time in the future, and that you will see an improvement in our service.

Kind regards,