“Decent and environmentally friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Neya Lisboa Hotel

Neya Lisboa Hotel
Ranked #93 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pardubice, Czech Republic
“Decent and environmentally friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at the Neya for 3 nights in February. I chose the hotel mainly because of the high rating it has and because the 60 Euro per night for a room seemed like a good deal. The location is quite good with 2 subway stations within walking distance (7-10 min). Those unaccustomed to walking might find the walk from the Anjos stations to the hotel slightly strenuous and had better choose the other station. The room we had was smallish but clean and well appointed. The hotel could certainly improve on keeping the bathrooms clean, ours was just satisfactory. The staff was welcoming and friendly and had many useful tips for us on what to do in Lisbon. The highlight of the stay was breakfast, the selection and quality and freshness of food was amazing, only coffee from their machine was really disappointing. I would stay here again but the management should really make an effort to keep bathrooms spotless rather than just acceptable.

Room Tip: If you prefer to sleep with an open window ask for the rooms not facing The Rua Estefania.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank vyletnik
Lorite, Gerente at Neya Lisboa Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2016
Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for your nice words. We are very glad to know that you apreciate our service.

We must to tell you that we take note about words about the bathroom, we have the one and only target of keep improving day by day.

Concerning the coffe we want to encourage you for the next time to ask for an expresso or cappucino to one our our collaborators, they will be very proud to offer you.

Thank you once again and best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed two nights at Neya Hotel in February 2013, and had a very pleasant stay. I arrived early in the morning, but the receptionist was very understanding and gave me a room right away. My room (single room) was spotlessly clean, big-ish and has a great bathroom. I had a room facing the back yard, which was very quiet. I also liked the sustainable profile that the hotel has, but would appreciate a little more light in my room. During the evening, the room seemed very gloomy and dark.

The free breakfast was excellent as well, with high-quality food. I only wish that the “milkshake” of the day could have been colder. But I really appreciated the large selection of bread!

There is a grocery store about 400 meters from the hotel (ask the receptionist) and several Metro-stops close by. The easiest to find might be Picos (yellow line).

I would definitely stay at Neya again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank TheSuitcase
Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for your nice review.

Hope to see you soon back in the Neya!

best regards
Glenwood, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Neya Hotel in Lisbon proved to be a little gem. Small, but comfortable, and a great value. It was my first trip to Lisbon (business), so I don't know the big picture of what's available and at what cost, but I'd return to this hotel in a heartbeat. Nice restaurant, although not a big draw, as it was seldom busy, but with good breakfast included in my very reasonable rate. Nice bathrooms, comfy bed, free internet access that provided decent speed. Essentially everything I needed. Location is OK, not stellar, but Lisbon is not a huge city, and it's easy to navigate by taxi or Metro. The closest metro station was about a 5 to 7 minute walk, and much easier to walk to than to walk back from, Lisbon is NOT flat. Cabs were cheap enough. A few restaurant choices in the immediate vicinity.

Room Tip: Try the little middle eastern restaurant on the circle just down the street. Great food and nice pe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank handlebarmike
Funchal, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. I was stayed with my husband and our 2 months old daughter. It was half business half family vacations. All staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast is varied, they beat on quality instead of of quantity (as it should be): fresh fruit and salads, milkshake of the day, a variety of teas and breads, cheese and pastry, the scrambled eggs are the best I've ever tasted! The room had a super comfy mattress, the shiatsu cushion is excellent after a tiring day and can be used on the back and the calves but that not an excuse not to try the massages! If you ask for crib witch was our case, the room space gets limited, we had to choose between getting access to the desk, the wardrobe (which is reduced for a couple traveling more than 2 days, actually I found it quite small for a double room, it has the ideal space for one person traveling a week, more than that it is necessary to leave clothes on the bag) and the widow! If you "loose the crib" the bed is huge for 3 =) The bathroom is spacious. The wi-fi was quick. The restaurant has a varied suggestions and a excellent quality-price, with lunch menus at 10 euros with superior quality. You get more than what you payed for =) Room-service is quick and with little increase. The spa massages are at an attractive price, I am a massage knower and I advise you to try at least the Ayurvedic! Right in front of the hotel there is a bus stop that leads to various points in the city and Belém, you also find the metro station at a 10/15 minute walk and taxis are always passing by. Although it is near a hospital it was rare to hear ambulances (and our room was facing the street). I will return for sure because in addition to having been well received, I'm curious to see the suites and as it is an environmentally friendly hotel you feel like "I'm doing the right thing by supporting a good initiative!"

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Diana B
Dear Madamme,

thank you very much for your nice words, we are very glad to know that you had a great time with us.

For the next time please do not hesitate to contact us with some time, we want to welcome you with our repeater customers attentions.

See you soon back in the Neya!

Best regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here at Neya Lisboa. The room was spotless and modern. the bathroom was really nice, but the sliding door didn't always shut completely (not a big deal!)We loved the Eco-conscious approach as well. The wifi is free and we enjoyed a great breakfast buffet every morning. The metro isn't too far- about 8 minute walk. The metro system is easy in Lisbon and worth trying! There is also a bus stops directly in front of the hotel and many taxis. The front desk staff was wonderful and friendly!

This was a great place to stay and would stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

The only let down for the hotel is it's location, a good 20/25 minute walk to the city centre, and not a very nice walk at that, I was surprised how run down and dirty this part of Lisbon was. The Staff of the hotel could not have been more helpful and friendly, a really nice warm welcome. The rooms are of a good size and spotlessly clean, breakfast was a real disappointment on the first morning as they kept running out of food and the choice was already very limited, but on the next 3 mornings it was very good indeed. The hotel is very reasonably priced, which almost makes the walk into town worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glossop, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Just got back from this place which i'd booked on basis of great value for money deal and good reviews. Location is not ideal - 10 minutes from metro (Tip if you have to stay here use the Anjos metro stop going out and Saldhanha coming back so you're going downhill each time, it's a sweaty walk uphill otherwise). Shower gel disepnser didnt work and not much you can do about it when youve just wet is fixed so annoying. I left the centre bit of the dispenser out so the cleaner noticed there was a problem and did something about it but when I got back to the hotel at night it was in the same place so no chance of a convenient shower 2 days running. Breakfast was below average- ok if you like cold boiled eggs, cold coffee, milk if your lucky and poor food selection for a 4 star. It should be 3 star at best. My room was at the back and there was a fair bit of noise outside from ppl in their yard. No bars/restaurants locally so it's a leg to get some atmosphere. I decided not to try the hotel food because of poor breakfast fare

The biggest cheek was they tried to charge me 6.90 euros extra for having too much to eat at breakfast! I'm not kidding. I didn't know hotels had rations! So watch that you don't eat too much

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank kuepper
Sergio P, Diretor de vendas at Neya Lisboa Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We do thank you for your comments.

It is our policy to make sure that explanations are due to our guests in a regular basis as well as we believe that criticisms improve our service and allows us to offer the aimed quality that we wish to attain

Concerning the distance of the public transports, we are 10 minutes walking from 3 different Metro stations but just in front of the Hotel, there is a bus stop, from where it's possible to go straight by bus, to the "Saldanha Metro station (yellow and red line)" and 1 minute walking from the Hotel, there is another bus stop with direct connections to the city historical centre of. The information about the distances from the different available alternatives, is clearly available and explained in our website and our Reception it's always available and happy to help our guests concerning this and other issues.

We are sorry that the shower gel dispenser in your room didn't work properly and that we haven't noticed that there was a problem. It's a pity that you didn't informed us about that during your stay, giving us the opportunity to solve your problem at that time. You can be sure that we would have done all the efforts for that. Either the way, we should have noticed the problem without being warned about it, and in fact, we weren't able to do that.

We are also sorry that our breakfast didn't meet your expectations, even if the general opinion about our breakfast it's really positive, as you can notice in the majority of the comments of our guests.

It is a fact that we present to you, the supplement for our buffet breakfast 6,90 euros, but, as well as explained to you the mentioned cost was not concerning the consumption of your breakfast but referring to the items that you have taken out from the buffet breakfast in your bag. At the time, in the breakfast room you weren't expressly informed that you couldn't take that food with you, reason why our staff didn't charged the cost of the food items you took along. Anyway, we apologize about all the inconveniences that we caused to you and wish you a happy Christmas.

Kind regards.