“Great location, clean rooms”
Review of Holiday Inn Lisbon

Holiday Inn Lisbon
Ranked #138 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Convenient to the main road where you can catch the buses for a 5 minute ride down into the tourist core. Clean rooms, nice hotel, friendly, helpful staff. Rooms are very "North American Holiday Inn", with two double beds and lots of pillow choices. Close to a small grocery and a couple of little cafes. 5 minutes walk to the bull ring and underground shops. Internet was spotty in rooms. Hair dryers are like a vacuum hose blowing luke warm air.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnLisbon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Mrs. Travelagent_4

Thank you for stay with us during your your stay in Lisbon and for sharing your experience with us.

Pedro Encarnação

Write a ReviewReviews (1,204)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

11 of us stayed here while we were away to support our famous football club Newcastle United, I booked the rooms for the party and when we arrived at 15.00 hours there was only 3 rooms ready out of the 6 I booked , the check in time was 14.00 hours , so there was no excuse for it, the reception staff were not the best I must admit, Location wise it's not bad 10 minutes and about €8 euro in a taxi into city centre, Hotel very clean I would recommend to stay here , bar prices typical hotel , 1 large beer €5 , Breakfast good

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Mr. smbftp

Thank you for stay at Holiday Inn Lisbon and for your comments.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

If one loves to walk and discover places, then this is one of the IHG group of Hotels that is central to interesting places that I was planning to visit - and made it without getting lost. Got tired from walking, taxi drivers know this place at the back of their heads. There's one Catholic church 2-3 blocks away. There's one mini grocery store nearby. 2 Metro Stations 2-3 blocks away. And 10 minutes away from the Airport. On the downside, I paid 20 euros for WiFi/internet use that doesn't seem to connect unless you go down near their business office (I used that PC for 3 euros for 15 minutes just to book my flight online - Oh! one has to obtain this place e-mail first in order for to print boarding pass). Wish that they make that e-weighing machine free for customer use.

Room Tip: Room 806 near the elevator good view of the Rotunda, to check for taxi availability.

Dear Mr. NgetzM

Thank you for stay at Holiday Inn Lisbon.

Thank you for sharing this information, because they will be useful for all

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here in March 2013 for a family (2 teenagers) weekend away. Check in was friendly and efficient. We had 2 large spotless rooms and even though 1 overlooked the huge statue outside we had no noise problems. The hotel was well situated for bus, metro and the open-top bus Red line. We didn't have breakfast included in rate and at €14.50 per head per day it was much too expensive to have in the hotel. Unfortunately, there was no cafe nearby but we did find a lovely little shop with lovely rolls, cold meat and bananas. This is really business-man's hotel so the bar was empty at nighttime. Staff in reception were friendly and showed us where to get bus, metro etc. Our only issue was with the failure to replenish coffee and milk in the room each day. We got 3 sachets of coffee in each room and this was never topped-up after we used it. Not far from central Lisbon by taxi.

2  Thank Pinkdogreading

Dear Mrs. Pinkdogreading

Thank you for stay at Holiday Inn Lisbon. We hoppe that you've had a very nice trip back home

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel was great value with large, clean rooms and a location very close to the Metro Station. I spent a lot of time at the rooftop pool when at the hotel. It made for a great place to relax and read a book. The room also had a great selection of English language tv channels if you need to wind down in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnLisbon, Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Mrs. Megan H

Thank you for stay at Holiday Inn Lisbon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was originally due to stay at this hotel on January 18th for two nights, but due to heavy snow in London, the flights were cancelled. I had booked a non-refundable and non-changeable rate at the hotel, so when I discovered at lunchtime that day, that my flight had been cancelled, I contacted the hotel to advise that I was unable to arrive and the reason why. I explained that whilst I was aware of the rate conditions, I asked if there was anything that could be done due to the circumstances beyond my control. I was rudely told that if I wasn’t going to arrive, then I had lost my money. I repeated that flights had been cancelled due to the weather and again it was met with a brick wall of none cooperation. When I asked to speak to the manager I was rudely told that the manager wasn’t there which was followed by a heavy sigh as though I was disturbing whatever she had been doing. I asked for an email contact and was given a very confusing email address. I sent an email and got no response (as it turned out I had one letter wrong), so as a priority club member I decided to pursue the matter through them. To cut a long story short, the priority club sorted it out and I stayed two weeks later.

The hotel itself is OK; nothing special, a typical Holiday Inn and it ticked all the boxes. The big surprise was the cost, it was very reasonably priced which for Europe comes as a very pleasant surprise. My room was large, with a large bed; the bathroom was also large and had the usual situation of having a large window to the outside world in the shower/bath. Internet access comes at a cost, so I didn’t bother with that.

The hotel is just out of the city centre of Lisbon, but is between two metro stations, Alameda and Saldanha, both of which are on the Metro line to the Airport. I used the station at Saldanha which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel and very close to the station is a McDonalds, if you need that hamburger fix. The Metro station only has automatic ticket machines and will only take coins and smaller Euro bank notes, the daily ticket, that you can use on the Metro, trains, buses and trams is good value and is valid for 24 hours from the time it is validated.

The buffet breakfast at the hotel was OK and not too bad if you go early, but it was nothing special. However, there seemed to be plenty of wait staff, but they really didn’t seem interested in collecting used crockery from the tables, so if you had a couple of different courses, the plates soon built up.

Sadly my first experience with the hotel let the place down, but if went to Lisbon again, I would stay there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank NewxGate
HolidayInnLisbon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Mr. NextxGate

Thank you for stay at Holiday Inn Lisbon

First we hope that you've arrived well at home, that time without flight ptoblems!.

We regrett the problem with the cancelations and the way that we talked with you and for that please accept our appologize

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had to go visit my husbands family in Lisbon but we did not want to stay with them so this was close enough to qualify as a vacation. The hotel is not in the downtown area of Lisbon it is actually about a 10 minute taxi ride to central shopping and eateries. Upon check in we asked for an upgrade and we got a 2 bedroom suite which was very large. I would not say that it was fancy but it was comfortable. The furniture was a little out dated but it was clean and it served the purpose. The beds were a little bit hard and we did not get the best nights sleep but it was not the ritz and we did not expect to it be. The restaurant was quite expensive for what it offered and we wandered in to get a peak and it did not look that great. There are very few restaurants around the area and they are mostly tourist traps. There is a great little cafe on the side of the hotel that is very reasonable and the food was great. It usually cost us 6 or 7 euros for breakfast there each morning. Well worth it. We did use the pool a few times and it is very small and has a small sun deck with just a few chairs to sit around the pool. Overall it was a decent 3 star hotel it was not plush or modern but it was reasonably priced and just a long walk or a taxi away from most of the good stuff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MandyParle

Dear Mrs. MandyParle

Thank you for stay at Holiday Inn Lisbon and for sharing your experience with us!