Holiday Inn Lisbon
  • Room Service
$179
$174
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Pool
$406
$394
Travelocity
Hotel Principe Lisboa(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
$150
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
1,238 results
All reviewsrooftop pooltwo double bedsalameda metro stationnice hotelcity centresun loungersgreen lineminute walkmini barcampo pequenohotel is locatedroom was spaciousreception staffquiet areaclose to the airportpastrieseuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was originally due to stay at this hotel on January 18th for two nights, but due to heavy snow in London, the flights were cancelled. I had booked a non-refundable and non-changeable rate at the hotel, so when I discovered at lunchtime that day, that my flight had been cancelled, I contacted the hotel to advise that I was unable to arrive and the reason why. I explained that whilst I was aware of the rate conditions, I asked if there was anything that could be done due to the circumstances beyond my control. I was rudely told that if I wasn’t going to arrive, then I had lost my money. I repeated that flights had been cancelled due to the weather and again it was met with a brick wall of none cooperation. When I asked to speak to the manager I was rudely told that the manager wasn’t there which was followed by a heavy sigh as though I was disturbing whatever she had been doing. I asked for an email contact and was given a very confusing email address. I sent an email and got no response (as it turned out I had one letter wrong), so as a priority club member I decided to pursue the matter through them. To cut a long story short, the priority club sorted it out and I stayed two weeks later.

The hotel itself is OK; nothing special, a typical Holiday Inn and it ticked all the boxes. The big surprise was the cost, it was very reasonably priced which for Europe comes as a very pleasant surprise. My room was large, with a large bed; the bathroom was also large and had the usual situation of having a large window to the outside world in the shower/bath. Internet access comes at a cost, so I didn’t bother with that.

The hotel is just out of the city centre of Lisbon, but is between two metro stations, Alameda and Saldanha, both of which are on the Metro line to the Airport. I used the station at Saldanha which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel and very close to the station is a McDonalds, if you need that hamburger fix. The Metro station only has automatic ticket machines and will only take coins and smaller Euro bank notes, the daily ticket, that you can use on the Metro, trains, buses and trams is good value and is valid for 24 hours from the time it is validated.

The buffet breakfast at the hotel was OK and not too bad if you go early, but it was nothing special. However, there seemed to be plenty of wait staff, but they really didn’t seem interested in collecting used crockery from the tables, so if you had a couple of different courses, the plates soon built up.

Sadly my first experience with the hotel let the place down, but if went to Lisbon again, I would stay there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank NewxGate
HolidayInnLisbon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Mr. NextxGate

Thank you for stay at Holiday Inn Lisbon

First we hope that you've arrived well at home, that time without flight ptoblems!.

We regrett the problem with the cancelations and the way that we talked with you and for that please accept our appologize

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had to go visit my husbands family in Lisbon but we did not want to stay with them so this was close enough to qualify as a vacation. The hotel is not in the downtown area of Lisbon it is actually about a 10 minute taxi ride to central shopping and eateries. Upon check in we asked for an upgrade and we got a 2 bedroom suite which was very large. I would not say that it was fancy but it was comfortable. The furniture was a little out dated but it was clean and it served the purpose. The beds were a little bit hard and we did not get the best nights sleep but it was not the ritz and we did not expect to it be. The restaurant was quite expensive for what it offered and we wandered in to get a peak and it did not look that great. There are very few restaurants around the area and they are mostly tourist traps. There is a great little cafe on the side of the hotel that is very reasonable and the food was great. It usually cost us 6 or 7 euros for breakfast there each morning. Well worth it. We did use the pool a few times and it is very small and has a small sun deck with just a few chairs to sit around the pool. Overall it was a decent 3 star hotel it was not plush or modern but it was reasonably priced and just a long walk or a taxi away from most of the good stuff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MandyParle

Dear Mrs. MandyParle

Thank you for stay at Holiday Inn Lisbon and for sharing your experience with us!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The room was huge with two king size beds. The bathroom was also big and had nice Dove soap for your hands. The breakfast was a normal one for a 4 stars hotel (with good fresh fruit). The service was also great and the people were helpful. The only cons is that Wifi is not free.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank simplesmente
HolidayInnLisbon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Simplesmente

Thank you for stay with us during your your stay in Lisbon and for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is an average 3 star hotel and is fine for a short stay. We thought the location is ok since, a couple of metro stations near by. It's not in a posh area for sure. The rooms are comfortable enough, it's an old building. El Corte Ingles is about a 20ish min walk. There is a McDonald's about 2 blocks away for free wifi. Surprising that the hotel doesn't offer free wifi to their guests, especially to Platinum members. But It's nice that they offer coffee/tea in the rooms.

Be aware - this hotel forces Dynamic Currency Conversion. Meaning, they charge your say US credit card in US dollars(or whatever your local currency is). Not Euros. They do NOT give you an option to select Euros like so many merchants. But of course on the receipt they write that they have "given" you the currency option and you selected US dollars. What a scam! It always come out more expensive to the consumer when Dynamic Currency Conversion is used. You are charged a much less favorable exchange rate for the service. Your bank will do it at a much better exchange rate and for free especially if you have one of many no foreign transaction fee credit cards. The people who benefit are the local bank, the merchant - more cash for them. Terrible business practice! They have the option to actually give the customer a choice, yet they clearly choose not to. What a poor reflection on the General Manager and the owners of the hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marbellaparis
HolidayInnLisbon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Mrs Marbellaparis

Thank you for the comments made and for the information regarding the Hotel Area

About the experience and the payment it must be a missunderstanding. Regulary we ask the clients what he wants and usually is better for the guest unless the day currancy is changing and could be the exchange day rate that caused that difrence.

Thank you for bring that to our attention

Waiting to receive you in the future

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I think 4 stars is pushing it for this Holiday Inn, it's a good 3 star. This is not a criticism, just a fair reflection upon a place with little glitz but solid standards. Eight of us stayed there for the New Years Eve period, we certainly did most of our celebrating elsewhere. The hotel bar is small and clearly not considered a priority. Breakfast was too basic to stay in for. In fact there is an outstanding healthy option breakfast cafe within an easy ten minute walk in the Ave Republica opposite side of the road to MacDonalds. It's two doors from Santander but I can't remember the name! So considering the hotel rooms, the beds were very comfortable, the bedroom area big enough, but the bizarre placement of the toilets against the bathroom walls necessitates a sideways seating position - may be of small concern, but we all found it uncomfortable. Other than that, the staff were polite, friendly and helpful, the hotel is away from main tourist area (but close to night time street prostitutes) easy 10 minute walk to Metros, in short worth considering at the right price. The rack rate is absurd but plenty of deals available. The reservation staff were exceptionally helpful in arranging our stay. Parking is 14 Euros a day, free on the streets weekends and bank holidays. Lisbon of course is wonderful.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dellaph_Kite
HolidayInnLisbon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Mrs Dellaph_kite,

Let me wish you a Happy New Year.

Thank you for your comments that you shared with us.

Waiting to receive you in the future