“Wonderful experience in Lisbon”

Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa
Ranked #63 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful experience in Lisbon”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Upon first interaction with concierge one week prior to arrival, it was evident that service is paramount at this property. The decor and ambience of the guest floors was relaxing and comforting....it was easy to sleep for many hours straight. Food in club lounge was standard fare, but lobby restaurant had a seasonal special, great wine list, and appetizing dishes. Thanks to Antonio, Catarina, Carlos, and the entire staff for making our first visit great. Hopefully we have time to use the spa on our next visit.

Room Tip: If looking to sleep, the darkening shade helps tremendously!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your really positive wonderful comments about our hotel and our services and facilities. We are delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly be coming back. We do look forward to osting you again again soon. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I would give this hotel a 5 rating for its absolutely beautiful property (modern and tasteful decoration) with great views of the city and in a well appointed location. It is located away from the "hustle and bustle" of the historic part of the city yet it is not extremely far from most places a tourist will want to explore. We got to walk all the way to downtown a couple of times (including during nighttime once) and it was pleasant. The famous El Corte Ingles is just a short walk away from the hotel.
Service was also extremely attentive and courteous. Mr. Simoes is a great concierge who promptly helped us and gave us the best tips for whatever we needed avoiding the usual tourist traps, just as we asked for. We had a long stay and the hostess at the breakfast buffet remembered our room numbers and faces after a few days of greeting us. There was another server who happened to serve us at the Club Lounge, at the Panorama Restaurant and at the breakfast buffet who also is very friendly and continuously asked us if we needed anything.
We had Club Level rooms, which are absolutely beautiful and have the best views. Definitely luxurious. The gym was small but well taken care of and looked new.

If it was just about the value I would not even rate it a four. We chose to stay there for 7 nights because we were doing both tourism and business so we wanted to make sure we would have no trouble with our hotel choice. Although we actually had no trouble at all, we found the rates to be higher than usual even for a five star hotel. They should offer special packages options for longer stays.
Also, we were disappointed with the Club Lounge snack options since upon arrival they made it seem as if we would have food available throughout the day. Breakfast was just okay as well, we have been to five star hotels that had better buffets.

Other than that, we have no complains. I sure hope we get to stay at this beautiful hotel again but one main factor for future choices will be the rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for the really nice and positive comments you have posted about our hotel, following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that our service and facilities, as well as our decor and comfort have been thoroughly appreciated. Many thanks for having selected us for your stay. We sincerely hope that you give us the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the near future. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager
Cambridge
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. The hotel itself is lovely, very impressive rooms and decor which seemed newly renovated to me. The lighting and some of the features such as leather doors and glass walls were spectacular. The panoramic restaurant on the top floor had fabulous views over Lisbon. The spa was also fantastic and the ambience was amazing.

The only bad thing was the prices... Although I had a fairly good deal on the room price everything else was ridiculously expensive. A 50min massage in the Spa was €110, the breakfast was €25, a diet coke was €5.25. I had a meal with my boss in the evening in the restaurant and it came to €151 excluding tip and we didn't have starters or desserts and no bottle of wine! So it was very pricey. Internet access was €19 for 24 hours, which for a 5 star hotel I would expect for free.

The location of the hotel was ok but it's not as close to the centre of Lisbon as you could be for enjoying all the great sights, so you would need to take taxi or public transport.

Overall it was a lovely hotel but very expensive, especially for Lisbon.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent stay in Lisbon and also for your positive and constructive comments. We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay, the hotel facilities and decor as well as the superb view over the city of Lisbon! Many thanks for sharing your thoughts. kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 20, 2012

awesome hotel, with new state of art equipment like remote controlled curtains..which also works as noise cancellation, excellent clean bathroom, very comfortable bed and peaceful room with good english channels. wisely located, supermarkets near by, you can try the champagne breakfast buffet. hotel staff are helpful as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for having stayed with us during your recent visit to Lisbon. I am indeed very happy that your stay has been an enjoyable and comfortable one and that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel, as well as its decor, facilities and service. Thank you so much for your positive comments. Hoe to see you again soon. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager
Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have had the pleasure to spend another night at the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa. This time only one night as I was flying out the next day with my husband. I have a very long winded review from over a year ago when I spend two nights alone and my stay was remarkable. I will keep this review short...as short as possible.

Our stay was wonderful.

Location: The location to the airport is good, which is what we were looking for.

The Staff: The staff were all helpful and quick to smile. Mind you I didn't make any strange demands or treat them like slaves, and I believe this helps.

Accommodations: The room was impeccable. Clean, well furnished spacious and comfortable.

Price: Yes, it can be a bit costly but the comfort provided by this hotel and the people who work here is priceless.

Honestly, I do not understand the (very few) negative reviews I've read. I believe a reality check may be in order for the complainers. I don't want this to come across as being rude or condescending but I fear I will fail greatly. This being said, here goes:

1. In the real world, not everything goes your way 100% of the time. Take a deep breath and deal with the situation with perspective. After all, if something does go amiss, I can guarantee you that the front desk staff did not arrange it, nor were they aware of it, so don't take it out on them.
2. In the real world, you can't be rude and demanding and always get a smile in return. Don't believe me? Try behaving like this in Glasgow, Scotland.

3. In the real world, hotel managers do not own a magic wand. He or she cannot correct faults, or suddenly change the Portuguese television into English with a wave of a magical stick. These things take time.

Perhaps the staff were friendly and attentive to me because I was friendly and treated them like equal hard working human beings and not sub humans whose exist solely to wait on me hand and foot. Perhaps I'm not so picky because I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and my last name isn't Rockefeller.

To all the complainers I say one thing: If you don't like foreign TV, foreign food, foreign customs, maybe it's best you just stay home. It seems to me that too many people watch programs like "Hotel Babylon" on the BBC and end up wanting everything and more...but not wanting to pay any extra for it.

Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa is still my favourite Sheraton. I hope to come back for a week and really get to know the city better instead of always using it as our departure hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank MGutscher
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest, First I would like to thank you for once again having selected the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa for your stay in Lisbon. I am indeed very pleased to learn of your continuous support and to have you as a loyal customer who really appreciate the quality of our service. It is very rewarding, as a General Manager, to host clients like yourself, who take the time to convey their compliments upon checking out. I sincerely look forward to meeting you personally the next time you stay with us, and I hope that you come for a longer stay so you can thoroughly enjoy all our services and facilities as well as the beautiful city of Lisbon. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012

For full disclosure - I stayed at this hotel on a highly discounted rate, so I understand that at discounted rates you are generally given less desirable rooms, however...
The first room they put me in, I could not get English TV channels. I asked front desk to have someone take a look, and went for a walk. When I returned several hours later, there was no change and no explanation. I approached front desk again, and this time they sent someone back to the room with me. He walked me though the process of getting English channels like I was an idiot, only to find that he had no success either. I was switched to another non-smoking room. First thing I noticed when I stepped into the room was the smell of smoke. The bell boy with me denied smelling it. Venturing futher into the room the smell was not noticeable, so being tired I accepted the new room. Later than night, when I went to secure the safety lock on the door, I noticed the hardware was missing from the wall. (Visible screw holes) Being a female travelling alone, I felt somewhat uncomfortable with this lack of extra security, I had to wedge the ironing board under the door handle to secure the door at nght. Lastly, they chose a moment when I was sitting alone in a full breakfast room to realise they had given me a meal discount card by mistake and switched me to a less desireable one. As I was already the focus of curious stares (the curse of a female who travels solo - not sure why people feel the need to stare) I found this process rather humiliating as it only drew more unwanted attention. They could have handled this with a little more tact. In agreement with the post by shir1027, I found the front desk staff to be somewhat rude, but I experienced this from other (mainly female) service staff in Lisbon. The only positive was Simoa (sp?) the concierge who was extremely helpful and very pleasant.
Having travelled a fair bit, and stayed in 3-5 star hotels, this was definitely the worst hotel by far. I travel a lot for business and stay in 5 star hotels where I pay full rates. Unfortunately, this hotel lost any future business from me and everyone I know.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. We are really sorry to hear that we have failed to meet your expectations and would like to apologize for the shortcomings encountered. Your comments have been duly addressed to the Executive Committee and the necessary measures to avoid the recurrence of similar situations in the future will be taken with immediate effect. I hope you will stay with us again so we can prove to you that your experience is not indicative of our usual high standards of service. Until such time. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The Sheraton Lisbon is very well located, has a nice bar, rooms are ok, the club floor bar and breakfast area is very well serviced. It is a pity they charge to use the gym and that wifi access is not free. The hotel is very well located, you can walk from there to the shopping area and the old city. Just bring comfortable shoes and enjoy this beautiful city

• Stayed November 2012
Antoper, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for having selected the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa for your recent stay in Lisbon. Happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the hotel, its location, decor and service have been to your liking. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager.