My husband and I spent one night at this hotel at the end of a 2-week cruise, at the recommendation of the cruise company. There were about 25 people from our cruise who did the same thing. According to the front desk, the hotel hosts big bus groups a couple of times a week, although not every day.
As someone else pointed out, the registration desk appears small and limited to only two clerks. In fact, however, the desk continues around a 90-degree corner to the right, and there are usually one or two clerks on that side of the desk as well. This is not obvious, though.
We had a lovely, quiet room on about the 6th floor with a panoramic view and a queen-size bed for around $220, and, really, my only criticism of the room was that the bed was firmer than I’d have preferred. Not a major issue.
The corridor outside the room on the way to the elevators was a bit odd - dimly lit by small lights on the floor along the bottom of the wall (like aircraft cabin emergency lighting but without any color), and the outer side of the room door, along with the adjacent part of the wall, was covered in dark leather.
While it’s true this hotel isn’t in the heart of the harbor-side, historic district, taxis are inexpensive in Lisbon, and public transportation is nearby. Since we had a city tour before arriving at the hotel, we simply walked 15 minutes from the hotel to the Gulbenkian Museum during the afternoon, which gave us a very relaxed, enjoyable final afternoon of our trip.
We had an outstanding dinner in the panoramic restaurant on the top floor of the hotel. We made our meal reservation early that afternoon, at the time we checked in, and we were given the perfect table with a view. The restaurant doesn’t depend on the view alone: the food was excellent and inventive.
When we checked out the following morning to head to the airport for our flight home, the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. She even ran around the corner to bring a taxi to the hotel door!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely refurbished combining modern elegance and simple relaxing design, the hotel is located in one of the city's most prestigious business districts. Only 15 minutes from Lisbon's International Airport, the Sheraton is easily accessible by train, bus, subway or car, with fabulous shopping, theatres, art museums, and nightlife just a short walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Lisboa Hotel Lisbon
- Sheraton Lisboa Hotel And Spa
- Sheraton Lisbon
- Lisbon Sheraton