“a great stay at a great price in a great city”

Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa
Ranked #63 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed November 27, 2011

we-a family with 2 kids age 11 and12- spent a week in this very fine hotel in november.
pros
-very modern and fancy hotel ,nice big rooms ,
-the most magnificent bar on the top floor I ever saw with a great view on lisbon
-good neighbourhood with nice places for a drink and eventually breakfast (paloma just around the corner) where you can soak up local atmosphere
-very cheap and honest taxi drivers
-a lot of good food places around the hotel and in lisbon with fish of the best quality
-very quiet rooms with no noise whatsoever
-superb 100 % dark curtains
-very good price offer on the sheraton website
-ultra clean
-connecting rooms provided when promised

cons really nothing maybe the beds who are smaller and a bit stiff and not so luxurious as in the marriott

Room Tip: the 'average room' is fine
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank umu
SHERATONLISBOAHOTEL, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen our Hotel for your recent stay in Lisbon.
We do appreciate your comments and we are very happy to learn that you have fully enjoyed our property, namely the 100% sound proof rooms and our "magnificent" Panorama Bar.
We do look forward to be welcoming you soon.
Have a great day!
Antonio Pereira

Write a ReviewReviews (2,170)

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Overall a very nice hotel. Stayed here for 2 nights. Beautiful room, in particular the bath room. The outside of the hotel looks boring. The inside is the opposite.
Breakfast offered plenty of choice. Had one dinner inside the hotel (buffet style) which was OK but nothing more than that.
Drinks at the bar were pretty expensive and so was the bar at the top floor which offers a nice panorama.
Within walking distance of the old city centre.
The city of Lisbon however disappointed me slightly. Not that much to see/do compared to most other European capitals. would not travel for leisure to Lisbon in future but would certainly want to stay in the Sheraton OK if business travel was required.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
SHERATONLISBOAHOTEL, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen our property for your last stay in Lisbon, as well as for posting your comments.
We do appreciate your honest feedback about our Hotel and our services. We are happy that you have enjoyed the view from our Panorama Bar and we do appreciate your constructive comments.
We do look forward to be welcoming you again!

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days. When I first checked in, it was an extremely negative experience. My room rate was quite high for the club level room. I had 1 friend who decided to stay with me for 2 nights and the hotel wanted to charge me an additional 25 EUR a night for the extra person. I was infuriated and asked the front desk staff why there was that charge. She couldn't give me a solid answer but just basically said that's the hotel policy. She then referred me to the manager on duty. I reasoned with him and he knew that I was paying such a high rate already (I could have stayed at the Four Seasons with the rate I paid but decided to stay at this hotel because of my platinum membership). He told me that the extra charge was for the access of the club lounge for the extra person. I then explained to him that with my platinum membership, even if I didn't book a club level room, I would still have access to the lounge INCLUDING my room guest at no extra charge. I really have NOT paid for an extra guest staying in my room at ANY starwood property (even the ones that I booked a single bed and a friend decided to join me). He then said he'd see what he could do without giving me a firm answer.

The second issue was the room upgrade. I KNOW that it's based upon availability. When I checked on the website 30 minutes before my check-in, the standard suites were still available. I was given NO upgrade at first and the reason he gave me was that the hotel was fully booked. I told him that I had just checked the website 30 minutes ago and he basically told me that the website was wrong. YES, the website was wrong !!!! That means that if I booked that suite, they would NOT give me a suite when I showed up! How ridiculous is that ?

Things did get better though. He finally agreed to upgrade me to a suite starting on day 2 and the room was absolutely beautiful and spacious. He also did not end up charging me for the extra person. However, I felt like I had to work very hard to get these benefits.

If you are a platinum member, make sure you ASK for an upgrade because it might not occur automatically! The suites are really wonderful!!! The club lounge is very nice as well!

Room Tip: Book a suite or ask for an upgrade if you're a platinum member!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BforBoy
SHERATONLISBOAHOTEL, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for having chosen the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa for your recent stay in Lisboa and also for having taken the time to give us your feed-back, a most valuable contribution to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We are sorry we haven’t been able to meet all your expectations, and would like to inform you that we have taken the measures we believe appropriate in order to improve our service delivery. Nevertheless we are glad to know that, overall, you did enjoy your stay.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Recently updated top quality hotel in Lisbon. The rooms and public spaces are beautifully appointed, and the breakfast buffet superb.
It's pretty much what you would expect from a Sheraton, but done extremely well.
Perhaps the single down side is charging Eur19 for 24hrs internet & a seperate charge for using the pool - however this is fabulous.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, the views are better!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the preference you showed on choosing the Sheraton Hotel & Spa for your recent stay in Lisboa and for taking the time to post your comments concerned with your last experience at our property. We do appreciate your constructive comments on our standards and service, namely the fee for using the Spa (sauna, jaccuzi, steam bath and pool) as well as for the Internet access.
Thank you so much!
We do look forward to be welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

This must be one of the tallest and without any doubt ugliest buildings in Lisbon, but as it's there anyhow you might as well take advantage of it. Admittingly, most people stay here for business and if you are here for a city trip, this might be a little too posh or upscale. However, it's incredibly efficient, in a great location if you need to be in the business district, though within an easy 30 minute -downhill- walk to the city centre.
There are free internet PC's behind the reception desk. Rooms have great design, especially the bathrooms, everything is always in working order, and service is fantastic. Remember, this is Portugal, so never take all these things for granted. Of course there is no free lunch, and all this comes with a price.
The only downside is the hotel's policy not to allow early check-in except at extra cost, even if the room is available.
Tip: even it you don't stay in the hotel, do go up to the roof top bar and enjoy the stunning view of Lisbon.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view. Try to get a room facing the city centre and not looking o...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
SHERATONLISBOAHOTEL, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Dear Guest,
I am really happy that you have fully enjoyed our Hotel, our service, our rooms and design and that you have had a good experience at our property!
Concerning you comment referring the early check in, I am not quite able to understand it. Our standard check in time is at 2 pm, check out at 12h00. I am not aware which cirumstances you have checked in, but if we are fully booked we cannot assure the early check you as you may understand. Though believe that we do not charge at all if we do have a free room to allocate our guests, unless the guest is arriving too soon, like 6 or 7 am. If that is the case, then the night before is normally charged, as it is a standard policy aplicable to all the Hotel industry.
Nevertheless I am happy that you have enjoyed and I will be looking forward to be welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

After years of staying at this property for business trips, I decided to do a weekend with my family (Wife and three adult daughters) here. From the no problem early check in due to our flight's arrival time to the special check in service and the adjoining club level rooms or the excellent lounge service not to forget the expensive but well worth it top floor dining/club, it was a totally enjoyable stay! Hats off to the staff/management!

Room Tip: High floor city view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
It is indeed very rewarding to receive Customers like yourself, who take the time to convey their thanks to us. Such comments certainly help in motivating our staff and more importantly assist us to provide a more personal service.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa in a not too distant future.
Antonio Pereira

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Me and my wife stayed here for 3 nights in October.
The hotel has had a major rescent refit which we thought made the hotel look very classy.
The dimly lit corridors on each floor looked really good and gave the hotel a really classy vibe.
The room itself was great. Nice view over Lisbon made it. Room was spacious and very modern. The bathroom took some getting used to as the shower and bath was only seperated from the room by a huge pain of glass. Dont worry though, the glass has an electronic blind in it which comes down to hid your modesty if needed. Beds were very comfortable.
We ate in the restaurant downstairs once. Food was excellent and we would definately eat there again. In the evenings we went up to the bar on the top floor to have drinks. Great views again over the city and a great atmosphere up there.
The only black mark against the hotel was the pool. We wanted to relax by the pool for a few hours but were told that because it was part of the spa we would have to pay 12 euros each. Me and my wife didnt want to use any of the spa facilities all we wanted was a swim and a sunbed. We refused to pay this and were therefore told we couldnt have access to the pool. We have stayed at many hotels around the world with and without spas and this is the first time we have been asked to pay for the use of the pool. Very disappointing. That aside its a great hotel. Staff are helpful and friendly. Hotel is a little way out of the centre but we still walked into the centre in no more than 20 min.
To summarise, would we stay here again.....without doubt yes!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MB123England

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your preference and for your honest feedback!
We are glad to know that you have enjoyed our property, namely the rooms, the food and our service in general. Also we do thank you for your comment concerning the pool, but in fact the access to the Spa has a cost. Although please be reminded that fee enables our guests to have access not only to the pool but also to the sauna, steam bath, jaccuzzi, relaxation room and pool bar. It is a complete package.
Nevertheless, I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay and that you would come again undoubtly!
Looking forward to be welcoming you soon!
Have a great day!