The pictures I've seen online don't really do the place justice. It is a very nice, clean and well-organized hotel. In some ways, it is "just another Sheraton," but in others, it is quite unique. One of the other reviews has a photo of the bathroom in the room. These bathrooms are a nice touch, and add to the spacious feeling you get in the room. I've stayed at a lot of hotels around the world, but I've only stayed in about three that had a similar bathroom setup, and I have to say that I like it. I had a standard room, not on the club floor, but it was still nice. Overall, I would sum it up by saying that the hotel does a good job of combining the best of its large, American chain hotel attributes, with the local flavor of Lisbon. Of course, all the big chains like to try to do this, but they often fail. This one succeeds, in my estimation.
Service in the dining room and at the front desk and concierge desk were all very good, courteous and helpful. Contrary to one of the other reviewers, I didn't find anyone on the staff who wasn't helpful and/or who didn't speak English.
Lisbon, in general, is not as expensive as most other large European cities, but even for Lisbon, this hotel is a good bargain. It is not located immediately adjacent to the old town, but it is walkable (30 minutes) or accessible by a very cheap taxi ride (about 5-6 Euros). As for location, I thought it was just about right. Far enough from the tourist traps to be a little quieter, but close enough so that they are accessible. I also liked the generous breakfast buffet. No, it is not a five-star property, but it is a very nice hotel at a reasonable price, and in a good location. For me, that adds up to a worthwhile stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely refurbished combining modern elegance and simple relaxing design, the hotel is located in one of the city's most prestigious business districts. Only 15 minutes from Lisbon's International Airport, the Sheraton is easily accessible by train, bus, subway or car, with fabulous shopping, theatres, art museums, and nightlife just a short walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Starwood EMEA, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Lisboa Hotel Lisbon
- Sheraton Lisboa Hotel And Spa
- Sheraton Lisbon
- Lisbon Sheraton