“A wonderful Four Seasons Experience”

Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon
Ranked #23 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed October 10, 2012

What can I say? I have come to expect a certain level of service and luxury from Four Seasons hotels, and this one did not disappoint.

Not sure what type of room we had, but it was huge with a gorgeous view of Pombal Square and the garden next to it. Our bathroom had two sinks, stand-up shower, bathtub with a separate toilet closet. L’Occitaine toiletries were divine.

Service at the hotel was generally very good. Staff at the check-in counter were efficient and courteous; doorman was one of the best I’ve come across. The only thing keeping me from giving this Four Seasons 5 stars is the service we received at the concierge desk. The concierge can make or break my stay, and I thought that the restaurant recommendations and information on day-trips could have been better. The hotel has a standard list of restaurants that they recommend to everyone. My suggestion – get to know your guests before making recommendations.

All in all, a great visit to Lisbon and a great stay at the Four Seasons. Note, it’s a bit of a walk to the old town and to Barro Alto (where the restaurants and bars are). There are many other options closer to the sites.

Highly recommend this hotel. By the way, make sure to check out the gym on the top floor - great view of the city!

Happy travels!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Olá!

We are happy not to have disappointed you and maintained the quality level our guests expect from Four Seasons hotels.

We always make sure everything in the rooms are the very best, and it's good to know you share the same opinion.

To provide the best service is one of the main things we aim for and we always try to give personalized suggestions to each one of our guests, so we're sorry to know we did not attain that this time.

The gym is definitely one of the top spots in the hotel, a view you cannot miss.

We hope to see you again soon, até breve!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,709)

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying there for a few years and always love it. Expensive but a fabulous place. We get upgraded to a larger suite every time and this year we had a very large corner suite witha huge bedroom and separate living room. Terraces in both rooms.
The pasteis de nata and port wine at arrival r always amazing.
And the fitness center has the best views of Lisbon one can find.
Overall a magnificent place with Portuguese service.
My only wish would be for great American style 4 seasons mattresses. My back can't stand the HARD mattresses all over Europe. Five star hotels should invest in great mattresses. Like we have in the US.

• Stayed: July 2012
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Ola!

Obrigada for your stay and for taking the time to review our property.

It is great to hear from a return guest, it means we are doing things right!

I also think theta teh Fitness Center on the rooftop offers the best views of Lisbon one can find.

Did you have an issue with our matteresses? Did you find them to be different from other Four Seasons? They all come from the same supplier so your feedback is essential for us to address this issue.

Obrigada!

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We love Four Seasons luxury/service/hospitality and try to stay with them whenever possible, but once in a while we find one that surpasses our already high expectations. There is a toss between the Four Seasons Ritz Lisbon and the Four Seasons Gresham palace Budapest as the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Don't let the boring exterior fool you, inside it is classic old elegance. Rooms/bathrooms are luxurious. Everybody at reception knows your name. Spa and pool area are very nice and induce immediate relaxation. The rooftop exercise room and running track is the coolest setting for a work out I've ever seen. Breakfast buffet takes the crowning achievement for the hotel, food is great and the service is top notch, Nuno is one of the managers and made a great experience even greater, actually the whole restaurant staff should give other hotels lessons on how to provide professional and intuitive service.

• Stayed: September 2012

Ola!

We were delighted to read that we managed to " surpasses your high expectations."

We are glad to you managed to explore the Spa, pool area and the rooftop exercise room with the outdoor running track

We completely agree with you when you say ."Breakfast buffet takes the crowning achievement for the hotel, food is great and the service is top notch,"

We thank you for stay and comments and hope to see you in Lisbon again.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Ive stayed and eaten here many times. Very consistent in terms of quality. I really like the Ritz. It dealivers a very high quality service together with a very classic style rooms and halls and a peaceful but still cosy warm feeling. Not that modern chilly cold styling that you sometimes get in these high end Hotels. Yes you may see it as a bit old fashioned but I actually aperciate it and see it more as a modern vintage! Love all the 70s art that decorates it. Belongs to some of the best Portugese artists ever. Oh, and the food is really really good. I love those lunch buffets. Classic stuff but amazingly good. Including the pastry and ice cream table!
Not cheap though.

• Stayed: November 2011

Ola Dudulisbon,

Obrigada for your preference, its is always a pleasure to read from a returning guest.

We are currently working on a project that will show case our art collection and hope to have it ready by January 2013. Please check in with us so that we are sure to share it with you.

We looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

There isn't anything better than a luxurious night in a Four Seasons Hotel. Add to it the iconic style of one of the grande dame hotels of the world and you have a winning combination.
Exceptional service from the start to finish. Large luxurious public spaces and the feeling of being part of a great movie.
Amazing views from the terrace at breakfast...the breakfast buffet was a delight. Great comfortable rooms with of course the best beds.
The concierge made dinner reservations, booked our bus tour, held our luggage for return and helped with difficulties with our car rental....just a great location, a great hotel. Trust me, I have stayed in 60 FS hotels and they are all sublime, but there was something so surreal about this hotel. Lisbon is a sleepy jewel of Europe and everyone needs to check out the city.

Room Tip: I loved 963/965....
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Obrigada for you review and wonderful words.
We were delighted to read about your experience and have shared it all our staff.
Having stayed in over 60 Four Seasons, it does bring a special sense of accomplishment that service was exceptional from start to finish!

We completely agree that Lisbon is a sleepy jewel of Europe and everyone needs to check out the city!

We hope to welcome you back to Lisbon soon for more than one night!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Location is close to the town center, rooms are large and well done. Gym and spa facilities are excellent. Breakfast buffet has a large variety of food in excellent quality. Staff is great. One single draw back: it is located on a very busy street and if you venture outside, you will hear it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rolf A

Ola!

We appreciate your preference and your review, Obrigada!

We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotels location, our rooms and found our Gym and spa facilities to be excellent.
Also satisfied that our Breakfast buffet has large and of excellent quality, as well as our Staff is great. We were sorry to read about your single draw back, that you found the street outside busy and loud. We do hope this won't keep you from visiting us again.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel location is great and so is the staff. I will highlight some examples. When traveling I am always afraid of having a taxi driver rip me off because I am a tourist. Maybe it is the name of the Four Seasons Ritz, but I was never ripped off. When I arrived at the hotel, the Doorman looked at the meter and I had told him where I came from. I felt like the doorman knew the fares and what they should be. I was traveling with friend and he used the gym, the person working the gym noticed my friends workout and set up. The second day when he went, the person at the gym noticed and immediately set all the equipment as he had the day before. Talk about attention to detail and just what you expect from a 5 star hotel. My only hiccup was with room service. The menu said nachos and what I got is what Americans call Chips and Salsa. There was no cheese, no sour cream. It was literally a bowl of chips and two small dishes of salsa and guacamole. The room service person that delivered the meal explained these were Portuguese nachos and we had a long discussion regarding Nachos. Maybe it was the language barrier, but I wanted him to understand that it was not was I expected and to remove it from my bill, also I asked for lettuce for my burger. Once again the lettuce was chopped up and was plated as garnishment. I was looking more like leafs of lettuce for the burger. I will not mark the hotel for this, I understand that when i go to foreign country I must be specific with my needs and understand the same food is not the same everywhere. Lesson learned. Not wanting to leave this review with something negative, I also wanted to highlight the front desk who was always willing to offer advice and restaurant recommendations. The concierge also arranged for a rental car. The rental car place happens to be just a block away and we drove to Coimbra. Another excellent suggestion from the concierge. It was a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GoGotravelGo
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Ola Michael,

We want to thank you for your recent stay, comments and examples. It illustrates your experience and helps us improve.

We were happy that you enjoyed the hotels location and the staff to be great and helpful.

We were sorry to read about your "hiccup" with room service, we have shared your comments with our room service supervisor. We appreciate the fact that it did not cause a bad impression on you our your stay.

We hope to see you in Lisboa soon and Obrigada.