“Nice hotel but not 4 stars”
Review of Hotel Real Parque

Hotel Real Parque
Ranked #131 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Rooms very clean, so was bathroom. No turnover service at night. Good location near center of lisbon. Staff OK but not overly friendly, Dark outside at night. Went to nearby restaurtant with some hesitation. Good place to stay for few days, Nothing charming or unusual.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 20, 2012

The hotel itself is well presented and the room was clean and tidy. One suggestion I have is that a 4* hotel normally has tea & coffee making facilities in the room.

The problems begin after this. On the 2nd morning of our stay we went for the buffet breakfast at 9:50am. There was barely any food left, and when I asked the lady working how much longer for some eggs, cheese, bacon? She rudely responded that there was no more coming. I asked does breakfast not extend until 10:30? Which she answered yes, and walked away from me.

Monday evening after a long day/ night out sightseeing, my partner went out on the balcony for a cigarette. When I came out to join him I closed the door to keep the heat in the room a it was a very cold night. It then locked and left us trapped outside on a freezing balcony. This was a positively terrifying Experience. We were locked out there over 45 mins until thank god another guest of the hotel heard our cries for help and called the front desk to assist us.
This is a very serious safety violation that I am absolutely shocked happened.

The next day I requested a late check out at 1pm, as we barely slept we were both so shook up. When we did check out the receptionist apologised for what happened to us, however did not offer us any compensation? This is not appropriate considering what happened. What if we had been locked out all night in the freezing cold?

We left our luggage at the hotel when we went for further sightseeing our last day. Upon returning to the hotel we were extremely rushed to catch our flight. I realise this is our fault & not the hotels. However the man working reception at this time could not have been more rude if he tried. He took my ticket for baggage & walked into a room marked private behind the desk. Then he came out minutes later with no bags. Then he walked around the corner where he was gone another 5 minutes. He returned with no bags still?! Then he spoke to another colleague & he went into the first room that the receptionist went into & retrieved our bags. All this time we were waiting the taxi meter was running, as I had fully explained to the staff member when I said how rushed we were to make our flight.

At this time I am very disappointed in the way we were treated at the real parque and think that you should financially compensate us for all these troubles. I emailed the hotel before our arrival stating this was a very special occasion for my partner and I and we were both very upset when we left the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Jldarling
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We arrived after 10pm at the hotel and were met by the most amazing staff. They were helpful, carrying my pensioner parents bags to their room and offering advice on where to eat. Breakfast was a real treat; lots of choice (fruit, yougurt, cooked breakfast) and a variety of home-made biscuits, pastries and custard tarts daily. The waiting staff were attentive, continually replenishing food and tidying tables.
The location was fantastic; only a few metres from the metro, which was simple to use and very cheap (think London Tube and divide by 5). This enabled us to get right into the centre in about 15 minutes and helped to orientate us with the city.
The hotel decor is a bit dated in relation to the rooms, but it was clean and spacious, whilst the public areas are welcoming and comfortable.
The best element though was the attentiveness of the staff. Marco on the desk in the evenings suggested that we avoid the coach trips and hire a cab for the day. This saved us 60E for all 4 of us and allowed us to visit the signts of Sintra, the palaces, parks, convent and castle, as well as visiting the costal resorts as well as including our passage to the airport. Our driver, Antonio, was superb; he stopped for photo opportunities, knew the best places to eat and got us the best deals for admittance to the sights - what a dream! I can highly recommend him (contact: antoniosantos298@clix.pt) for an amazing service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jo-mandy
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Although this was the only place I could find a decent dinner besides Hard Rock and an Irish Pub in Docas. I found the beds to be very uncomfortable and you could hear everything in the rooms beside you. The lobby is beautiful and modern and the rooms are very clean and nice furnishings but bring earplugs and a foam topper if you plan to have a good night sleep. the view from the room was nice however we found the staff here to be less than friendly or helpful. The shopping was fun and the Public transportation is very nice, clean and inexpensive. We enjoyed the pastry shops with good coffee but the traditional food was not to our liking. Also beware at all the restaurants in Lisbon they charge for the bread and cheese they bring to the table. You touch it you buy it and this can add up.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank teacupmama
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Stayed a few nights in this hotel in November, 2011. I found the night staff not as pleasant as the day staff. In fact, the day staff was none too pleasant, with the exception of one guy named Rafael. He was extremely helpful and very pleasant. The others acted pretty disinterested in any question that I had. Aside from that, the hotel is nice and the rooms are quite large by some European standards. The breakfast that comes with the hotel package is a standard European breakfast - both scrambled and boiled eggs, cold cereals and oatmeal, several types of cheese, ham, sausages, and bacon; pastries, several types of breads/rolls, butter, jam, fruits, orange juice, milk, and mineral water, all buffet style. There's no fitness center on site, but you'll have access to a nearby fitness center for a fee, if that is your desire. Also, there is free Wi-Fi access, just ask the front desk for the 24 hour code.

The Sao Sebastiao Metro station is about a five minute walk from the hotel and the Metro employees are very helpful with directions. Actually, the Metro is very easy to maneuver. The area of the hotel is nice and quiet, not really a lot going on. Some quaint shops and eateries are nearby in walking distance and the hotel has a restaurant, bar, and coffee shop inside. The hotel restaurant is good if you are basically in for the night after wearing yourself out with all the walking and sightseeing. Otherwise, I would definitely push past tiredness and go out to eat at some of the area eateries. I found the food at the restaurant to be sort of bland and a bit pricey.There's also a shopping mall in walking distance, right across from the Sao Sebastiao Metro station with various foods and pastries sold in the food court. In my opinion, it is best to take a Taxi from the airport as there is no bus that takes you directly near the hotel. The hotel is not on the main street, so there's some twists and turns that are best left to a knowledgeable Taxi driver. The Expo is nice to shop and eat and has all types of stores including a section of vendors that have nice trinkets. That's located at I believe the Orient Metro stop, but check to make sure. The Trams are very easy to maneuver as well and a lot less expensive than the conventional tour packages. The Metro and Trams pretty much take you in the same tourist/sightseeing areas and if you don't mind walking a little, you'll save quite a bit of money by doing so and get good exercise at the same time.

Beware of the potential pick pocket occurrences near some of the Metro stops and downtown Lisbon. I was warned by many of the locals, but fortunately, was not a victim. Just use common sense, be aware of your surroundings, keep your money out of sight and don't dress flashy or carry an expensive bag and you won't draw attention to yourself. I definitely felt comfortable being out and about alone. Overall, I had a good experience with this hotel and despite the attitude of some of the staff at the front desk, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank SheilaRBS
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed a few nights at this hotel in July 2010, the hotel is situated in a quiet neighborhood, so you feel like you get to see the real Lisbon, not just the tourist spots. We caught a taxi from the airport, as there are no buses that go direct to the hotel, but everyday we went to the Sao Sebastiao Metro station, which is a 5 minute walk, to get into the city center. The public transport in Lisbon is great so travelling by metro was easy and convenient. Not far from the hotel is a big shopping mall, which has lots of stores and food court as well as a supermarket so you can top up on anything you might need. Also in the area are lots of cosy restaurants filled with locals, so its a pleasant environment. Free wi-fi in the hotel is a plus also. The staff were nice and the hotel felt big, clean and airy. I highly recommend it if you want to stay out of the city.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank BlondeBunny
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The overall impression of the hotel is very good. very confortable. Located in a nice area near metro station and bus station. There is a nice bar. The reception is nice. The room is very confortable and well decorated with everything you need, the staff is marvellous, the breakfast perfect, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple