“successful holiday”

Hotel Olissippo Marques de Sa
Ranked #120 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during August 17 to 25, 2012. The hotel is excellent in all aspects breakfast, clean rooms, staff attention .... We were staying in room 716.The only drawback was a door separating adjacent rooms.Of course the door was closed. I almost forgot aircraft that should be part of your holiday at least at night. This is because the airport is very close to town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the main road are more peaceful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ionel S

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel between 16th and 23rd of August 2012. It is a very cute hotel, very clean and with a very delicious breakfast. Me and my husband enjoyed it very much. Close to the metro (the same line that takes u to the airport), close to the mall (if u want to buy cheap wines). There are also some good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elena v
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for four nights in August 2012. It is in a great location and the price is right, but that's all I have positive to say, unfortunately. The main problem is that it is minimally staffed and the staff is minimally helpful. We found this out the hard way when we realized our air conditioner was not working the first night. I reported it the next morning and expected it would be dealt with. When we returned that evening and found that the room was still uncomfortably hot, I complained again. Someone came to our room, discovered that the window was unlocked, locked it and announced that that would solve the problem. It didn't, and, after another uncomfortable night, I asked the next morning for a room change. Instead what we got was an argument, blaming us for leaving the window open (which we hadn't) and insisting the air conditioning was working properly. At this point, my wife and I both lost our tempers and only then did the hotel agree to move us. That happened while we were out and when we returned, we arrived to a new room with functioning air conditioning and a fruit basket from the manager. While I appreciated the gesture, it wasn't really enough. I shouldn't have to yell to get basic service in a four-star hotel. We should not have had to complain three times before our problem was solved. On top of all this, there was not enough hot water -- I was never able to have a hot shower during my entire stay. Wish I could agree with the generally positive reviews, but I would not stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skramynnoj
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel is in a great location and the staff are helpful and congenial answering all my questions. I stayed on two separate occasions on my recent trip so experienced different rooms. Both times, the beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. I was a bit concerned that the previous reviews were mixed. This is by far the best hotel I stayed at last week. Also, the WIFI is free and works in the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Kazzu
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in July, first time to Lissabon and got to see a great many sights.

Pros:
Fantastic breakfast
Good rooms
Free in room internet (for max 2 computers)
Nearby metro station
A few sights right next door
Sells tickets to the red hop-on hop-off bus which'll take you around lissabon (though the narration in it leaves a lot to be desired)

Cons:
View from room: step out of the window and your on the hotels roof where people occasionally walk so we had to keep our curtains closed
Quite far from downtown, fortunately the metro is excellent
No bartender in hotel bar at 10pm

Nice and surprisingly affordable and an excellent breakfast. Since the Lissabon metro works so smoothly the location won't bother you much, definitely recommend it

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to avoid a view like ours had.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is my second visit to Lisbon,and I decided to stay at Ollissipo now.
Pros:hotel is 5 minute walking from Sao Sebastiao metro station which is also the main route to airport.Very good breakfast, but it also cand be improved in some ways (more fruits)
It is very close to El Corte Ingles supermarket & mall (closing at midnight each day).Room is very clean and beds are cleaned each day.Has the best and cheapest dinner buffet I have ever had in Lisbon = 16Eur /person (cold starter, main dish and cakes)>it is near Gulbenkian Museum which should be a stop for everyone.Very ,very attentive receptionists, with very good advise and always wanting to help.This is the first hotel when I benefit of late check-out w-out paying money.
Cons:internet is running like in middle age with coins in a computer, which doesn not work good, printer does not work, I stayed 40 minutes to make my chech-i for the flight back home.
I hope they will continue in the same way

Room Tip: Not the rooms that are on the street
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marianbucharest
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This hotel offers very good value. It is located in a quiet area about 5 km from the city center. Metro station is only 2 blocks away from the hotel. Taxi to/from the center was 5-6 euros.

Fairly modern building with spacious and very clean rooms. Large beds and relatively quiet A/C! Good breakfast with very little extra cost (make sure you choose a breakfast included room already when making the reservation). Very friendly and helpful personnel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends