“Cosy place with good menu”

Cafe do Rio - Gourmet Burger
Ranked #36 of 4,112 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Description: Probably this is the most unique burger of your life. We serve our no-bun burgers, with a combination of traditional Portuguese products and flavors, combined with products and flavors from many worldwide origins, like Mexico, India, France, etc. Everything we serve is prepared in-house, using artisanal products and techniques.
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Cosy place with good menu”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The restaurant is located in the center, very easy to reach, 1minute walking from Terreiro do Paço (there is also a free parking space nearby).
One side of the restaurant has a beautifull old wall which makes the place very cosy (at least, i thought so).

The menu was perfect for me, there were a lot of choices! Many different kind of burgers, and I was very happy to see they had 100% biological burgers and vegetarian burgers! Vegetarians can have a hard time in Portugal so this was great :)! (they even had some non-burger choices).

They also had a wide range of starters (we had a delicious crostini) but they might be a bit overpriced (€5,50). We had a nice bottle of wine for €15 and I had the vegetarian burger with spinache and ricota (€10). The burgers come with rice and patatoes (but without bread, which might be something you would expect...) and they offer a delicious home-made ketchup with it.

The service was profesional and friendly (sometimes a bit slow but it was very busy).

Overall a very succesfull experience.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Eef S

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderfully hearty and deliscious burgers”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic chickpea veggi burger here with some great flavours including a lemon & basil sauce, definitely the nicest veggi burger I have ever had. My boyfriend had an amazing hot chilli beef burger with a really tasty smoked chilli sauce. Thanks for a great lunch
Sita from UK

1 Thank Murleybird
Rui D, Proprietário at Cafe do Rio - Gourmet Burger, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear sir, first of all let me thank you for your comments, in fact we are increasing our veggie options on the new spring menu, we hope that in this way we can satisfy (almost) everybody. Best regards,
Lisbon, Portugal
“Completely overpriced”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is actually not a bad place. Food is good for hamburgers, friendly service but excessive overpriced. For us definitely a no go.

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank ErnestoSLX
Netherlands
“No need for buns when the burgers are this good!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Hamburgers served with everything except the bun. So no messy busyness eating. Great variety in choices. Traditional burgers, Portuguese flavours and really good vegetarian options. Friendly waiters and a relaxed atmosphere.
Really nice place packed with locals.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank MaraLovesTravel
Ottawa, Canada
“Make a reservation!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I arrived at the restaurant at about 1935hrs, which was 5 minutes after they opened. There was a group of 8 ahead of us and we were fortunate to get a table for 2. A few tables were reserved and the remaining tables filled up quickly after we were seated. The establishment is not large, hence the reason it gets full so fast. The menu is wonderful, lots of great items from which to choose. I had the bruschetta with tomatoes, mozzarella and garlic...lots of garlic! It was very good. For my main I had the sea & country salad, which had smoked salmon and orange slices - excellent. My husband had some of my bruschetta (because of the garlic!) and he had an "everything but the kitchen sink" sort of burger - ham, cheese, sausage and lots of other goodies. He enjoyed it. We tried the house ice tea and I loved it. Not sweetened but very smooth, you won't miss the sugar if you normally drink it with same. Highly recommend this restaurant. They are open for lunch as well; I think they close around 1500hrs. Very nice staff who speak English and their menu is also available in English.

• Visited November 2012