“BEST burgers EVER”

Ranked #53 of 4,456 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Description: Probably this is the most unique burger of your life. We serve our no-bun burgers, with a combination of traditional Portuguese products and flavors, combined with products and flavors from many worldwide origins, like Mexico, India, France, etc. Everything we serve is prepared in-house, using artisanal products and techniques.
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Super delicious, super friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Went two nights in a row because it was so good and we couldn't decide which burgers to get. The cocktails (namely the caiparenha) are delish. GO GO GO.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We revisted this bar as a change from the local cuisine. They are still the best burgers in Lisbon with an atmosphere to match. It is located on Rua Alfandega near Commerio Square, just come to the square and walk two minutes to your left for a great experience. Loverly burgers with no buns as they are so large. They cost from 9.00- 13.00 Euors from a Bew York to fish burgers. Once you try these you'll never view those MC burgers in the same way again.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Let me start by saying that I don't eat meat, so this review does not contemplate the meat burgers served at this place. I went there specifically because they are supposed to be a gourmet place and they serve fish and vegetarian burgers.
The place looks nice and cosy and there were two waiters working. They must have been playing good cop / bad cop, because one of them (the guy) was extremely nice and polite and the other one (the girl) was stuck up and unfriendly the whole time and for no apparent reason. It wasn't a busy night and she wasn't apparently overwhelmed with work or anything.
Now, the burgers. My friend and I ordered the salmon burger and the thai fish burger. I tasted both and they were both.... tasteless. There was absolutely nothing "thai" about the thai burger, it had a slight unpleasant fishy taste and no condiments at all (just some white sauce that tasted like... oh wait, it had no taste, sorry).
I'm no chef, but when I order something "thai" I expect some flavours that may include things like some hot spice, some coconut, maybe some green curry or lemongrass. No, no taste at all. Not even salt and pepper.
And the salmon burger was even worse. Besides being tasteless, it was also terribly dry. It came without any kind of sauce and desperately needed something to bring some moisture and acidity.
Both burgers came with fries and plain rice. Both the fries and the rice were better than the burgers. And they were just plain and simple fries and rice.
And the price... each of these bland, tasteless and dry burgers cost about 12€. Too much for too little!
I saw some of the meat burgers they were serving. I have no idea how good or bad they were, but I wasn't particularly impressed by how they looked. Normal looking burgers and salad.
So, it was an unpleasant dining experience. Based on what I ate, I don't recommend it and I'm not coming back.

1  Thank Patricia N
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I've been to this restaurant several time and always want to return. Great service, great food and very well served. Need more? Love the atmosphere and the location is also a plus one! Thumbs up!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

is an excellent restaurant, no doubt, great food, great service, everyone very friendly, going back there!

1  Thank Mafalda C