Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,201 results
All reviewsaudrey hepburnthemed hotelmetro stational pacinomarques de pombalbreakfast roomnice hotelhotel is locatedminute walkhotel stafftour busesenjoyable staycity centreexploring lisbonbarrio altonice breakfastmarquis
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The place, the decoration, very friendly concierges, helpfull, good prices, excellent restaurant, more than perfect!!!! Weǘe been to 10 hotels in Europe this past November, Flrida Hotel the best!!! I highly recomend it!!!

Room Tip: Each room has the name of a famous movie, and is decorated in relation to it!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FLORENCIA R
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Florida for 1 night only, as Lisbon was a stopover for me that time. The only minor hurdle I had with the hotel was the booking confirmation. I booked the hotel through bookings.com, and it took me a few emails to 3 different addresses to get the confirmation from the hotel itself.
As for my stay, it was faultless. I arrived to Lisbon very, very early. 7 am or 7.30. I headed to the hotel just hoping to leave the luggage, as no way I was expecting anybody would check me in that early. But they did! Not even a mention that I showed up 7 hours before any normal check-in time, just 'good morning' and 'here is your room key'.
The room was clean and spacious. I knew about 70s film-themed decor, and it didn't disappoint. Call me gullible, but after two weeks spent in over-designed hotels in US, the light and practical room with John Travolta posters cheered me up enormously.
Breakfast buffet was great too, and the view from the breakfast room was pleasant, towards a square and a park.
The hotel is located very close to the metro, and in a walking distance from the city centre, yet in a very quiet area, so good sleep guaranteed. In the evening, when I returned to the room, I found that it was made up again, for the second time that day, which was a nice touch.
Also, throughout this short stay all the staff of the hotel were friendly and helpful. To be fair to other reviews that complained about the service, I rarely use room service and never expect porterage. So the fact that nobody offered to drag my bags to my room did not shock or offend me. As for eating in hotel room - you are in Portugal, there are so many great places to have your dinner.
Overall, I had great time in Lisbon, and good experience with Hotel Florida was part of that. Will be happy to book my stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank no_nonsense_12
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in November .The hotel is a great base to see Lisbon,it's in a good location ,close to lots of things.The rooms are large clean and fun.We stayed in the King Kong room.PLenty of space in room.The staff are friendly and helpful.we found it to be great value for money and we would recommend it to anyone and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013
David C, General Manager at Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Our team is delighted to know that you stay was deeply appreciated.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the above hotel. We pre-warned the hotel that we would be arriving late on a Saturday night (23:45 hrs). We were allocated a key card for room 317 but when we opened the door we found the room to be occupied already! A bit of embarassment! We were subsequently given a key card for room 323 which was vacant. The room was a twin + a single bed with laminated flooring and 70s furniture. The plus points was that it had tea making facilities. The bathroom was adequate. We had booked a room only but found the buffet breakfast at 11 Euro p/p to be good value as you could eat as much as you wanted. The hotel was located 3 minutes walk from the Blue Metro line station Marques de Pombal and this we found to be very convenient. The taxi from the airport cost us 24.5 Euro at 23.20 hrs on a Saturday night but only 10 Euro to get back at 07:30hrs on a Wednesday morning. The hotel facilities were basic but adequate for waht we wanted, i.e. a place to sleep in Lisbon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NigelVaughan
David C, General Manager at Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking time to review us.

We're sorry for the awkard moment that happened, but glad that it did not influenced the remaining stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again in the near future.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am very impressed with such a quaint hotel that is located in a perfect location. The staff is very courteous, friendly and warm. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The rooms are perfect. A nice spot for families or for traveling alone. I can't say enough about the staff, i.e. Mr. Machado, Isabel, Bina, Abrantes, Pinto and everyone else on your staff. The breakfast room is very welcoming and again staff was very professional and warm. The front office is one of the best I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Keep up the great work

Room Tip: I have stayed in this hotel many times and I have found that all rooms are very comfortable and a good pick.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Armando T

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our Hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again in the near future.