$270
Hotel Avenida Palace(Lisbon)
$288
Cancelon
1,187 results
All reviewsaudrey hepburnthemed hotelmetro stational pacinomarques de pombalbreakfast roomnice hotelhotel is locatedminute walkhotel stafftour busesenjoyable staycity centreexploring lisbonbarrio altonice breakfastmarquis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is very simple but you couldn't possibly get one closer to the Metro!! The metro in Lisbon runs every few minutes and will take you anywhere around the city. The hotel room itself was small enough but adequate and clean. The hotel staff were nice and friendly too. We didn't have breakfast included but it was an extra €11 per person each morning which we felt was expensive. The reception had no leaflets or maps of the city in the lobby to look though but when we asked at reception we got a very good map of the city and directions to anywhere we wanted to go.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Gillian,

Thank you so much for taking time to review us.

It was a pleasure to know that you spent a great time at Hotel Florida.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Florida for work and didn't select it myself. With four stars, I wasn't expecting luxury but at least a high level of service - how wrong I was. The conscierges were rude from the point I checked in: disinterested, arrogant and slow. No one offered to carry my suitcase, they just pointed at the lift. Finding an entirely empty mini bar in the room, I called reception and asked why it was empty. The conscierge wouldn't give me an answer and simply said "call the bar" before literally hanging up on me. I got some water delivered to the room, but in the evening when I got back from work engagements and was dying for a drink/snack, they told me the bar was closed and there was nowhere to get anything. After much persuation, the conscierge gave me some cashew nuts but made a big fuss. I was consistently polite, also on the second evening when the same thing happened and he told me that "the barman will be very angry if he sees this". I said that I wouldn't have to trouble him if they'd just keep their mini bars stocked to which he said I could find a shop nearby (it was 2.30am). The room service menu was dreadful - all Hollywood themed, diner style, to match their ghastly decor and mediocre rooms named after actors as if they were luxury suites at the Ritz - and the restaurant staff didn't speak English and kept acting as if my calling them was a major inconvenience. (This was a recurring attitude with all members of staff.) The waiter who came to my room didn't know how to open a bottle of wine. Finally - and perhaps rudest of all - upon checkout the staff in reception kept speaking Portuguese to one another and looking at me in a manner which left little doubt as to the nature of what they were saying. It was extremely unpleasant and totally uncalled for. All in all the experience left a lot to be desired and set a really bad tone for my visit in Lisbon. Do not stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Mr Dobermann,

We will work on every issue related to service. And we apologize for not giving you the necessary attention we should have given.

We do not agree at all with your considerations about our guestrooms. We're sorry for not having all the answers for your requests.

Once again, for all issues related with service, we deeply apologize.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

As a regular traveller around the world, sometimes hotel rooms appear to be the same so often i have come to discover is that the "hotel staff" can either make or break your stay. I have been at this hotel for five days now and will spend another two nights here, i have run into a number of challenges like wi- fi not working, my eye glasses snapped in two so off i went to speak with Francesco at the front desk....he will assist with any issue instantly...he even found a replacement reading glasses for me to use for a day until i could purchase a replacement. He has assisted with Fado recommendations, making dinner reservations, calling taxis, changing my US dollars (even though i dont think it was their policy). I really do feel that Francesco has made my stay at this hotel a wonderful experience and i would highly recommend this clean hotel. The management can work on getting some other employees to adopt this attitude as i am lucky to get a "good morning" from anyone at the breakfast restaurant. But overall, the location, cleanliness anf Francesco make this all a worthwhile experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joycevancouver
David C, General Manager at Hotel Florida, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Joyce,

On behalf of the team, we deeply thank you for your review.

Francisco was congratulated for being such a nice professional.

We hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2013

we stayed in hotel Florida for 3 days in September of this year. location was very good, all modes of transport required outside the door of hotel to so it meant getting around very easy. the hotel was not a 4 star as stated but more like a 3 star.Rooms were basic but bathroom quite shabby. there was not a proper bar in the hotel either. the staff behind the reception desk were very unhelpful and not at all friendly. I would say it was an ok hotel, maybe if the staff were to receive a bit of customer service training and show they were interested in their jobs it may improve a customers stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time reviewing Hotel Florida.

Your words were taken in consderation and will surely help us improve.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Late September break in Lisbon in a lovely hotel which is rather let down by the theme of Hollywood, which it doesn't need as it is a very good hotel without a theme. Met each morning in the lift by larger than life size image of either Humphrey Bogart or Audrey Hepburn which was a little off-putting. Each bedroom is themed. We were originally in the Jackie Chan room. We checked in and were told by the receptionist that the room was rather small but we could change to a larger room next day if we wished, which we did. We said goodbye to Jackie Chan and hello to 'Rear Window' which appeared to be an Alfred Hitchcock film - a fabulous room which I think was a King Suite, and it was indeed very glamorous - huge, very comfortable bed with a large dressing table and chair, occasional table and two more chairs, lots of lamps and room to spread out - plenty of room to sit and read on wet days in Lisbon (which we had from start to finish). Very good bathroom. Hotel situated next to Marques Pombal Metro station which is easy to get in and out of the centre (24 hour metro ticket 6 Euros which we used to get to and from airport and around the city as you can hop on and off trams and metro. The tickets were a little temperamental to use (buy ticket for 50 cents, then re-charge when needed), we had very heavy rain during our trip and found the rain affected the operation of the tickets to scan properly,but very useful way to get around. Hotel about 30 minutes walk from city centre. Hotel restaurant is the 'Great American Disaster' which is accessed from outside, through a rather strange arrangement through a small shopping centre. Restaurant in-keeping with Hollywood theme and is a 1950s style American diner serving burgers etc. Used on our first evening and found it was good value and nice burger, but wouldn't want to use to get a Portuguese experience of dining. Seemed popular with local young population. All in all a very good hotel which I would recommend, but needs to ditch the Hollywood theme which it doesn't need.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time reviewing Hotel Florida.

Your words will inspire us in a future renovation :).