“Friendly staff, great atmosphere, neat and tidy....Well worth your money!”
Review of Hotel Florida

Hotel Florida
Ranked #112 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Friendly staff, great atmosphere, neat and tidy....Well worth your money!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great hotel, receptionist was very friendly (and funny) straight of the bat. Nice rooms (if you don't mind sleeping in twin beds as a couple, I recommend booking these rooms as they are MUCH bigger). Each room has a movie theme and the hotel is neat and has a good central location. Only downside would be the lack of restaurants in the direct vicinity, as it is situated in a high-end neighbourhood.

But don't let this detain you, this hotel is well worth your money. I also recommend the Great American Disaster restaurant which is right next door. We went there the first night, since it was closeby and we arrived late. We went back the last night: good food, friendly staff and nice atmosphere. You do have to like the 50s decor, which we did!

Room Tip: Book the twin room for more space. Try to get a room at the backside of the hotel (nice and quiet) a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hanna V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you are a fellow American, you will NOT appreciate the front desk staff. They are unhelpful, downright unfriendly and speak little to no English. The location, however is good and central, which would be the only reason to pick it. The Turim Hotel is right next door and is a much better deal!.

• Stayed May 2013
David C, General Manager at Hotel Florida, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your time reviewing Hotel Florida.

It was with great surprise that we read your words about the "unfriendliness" of our staff. We believe it's the first time someone mentions our staff in a negative way.

We deeply apologise for any behaviour that did not reflect what Hotel Florida stands for: sympathy, professionalism, welcoming and supportive.

This will be certainly taken under consideration with the staff in order to prevent future situations like this.

We hope you'll give us another chance to welcome you in the future. We are sure that you will change the way you see us.

With best regards,

David Costa
GM
Hotel Florida
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed at hotel this past weekend. On arrival we were told there was a problem with water on a floor and we were transferred to another hotel for one night. This was a dubious reason as we weren't on the same floor anyway so something suspicious going on. Otherwise nice and central and clean. Air con not working in 416 and had to leave window open - noisy. The American disaster restaurant next door was recommended and food very poor. Beds extremely hard. However I would still recommend the hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Helpful staff who gave me suggestion for good restaurant the night we got there. Clean and functional. As stated before good location with a pleasant walk down to the centre. I loved Lisbon and wondered why I had never been before!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel is in a great location in Marques De Pombal. The Metro is located just around the corner from the hotel. The main location of the Hop-On/Hop-Off busses are 3-4 minute walk from the hotel. It is only a 10-15 minute walk to the city center where there is a lot of shopping and restaurants. The hotel is clean and the breakfast is really good with a variety of options. The walls seem very thin and you can hear noises from the room next to you and people in the hallway. You can book sight seeing trips through the front desk. The hotel does charge 5 euros for 24 hours of internet service. We had a family of four and they brought in 2 roll-away type beds for the kids to sleep in, but even with these beds there was plenty of room in our room. If you like to get up early and shower it does take a little bit for the water to get warm in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hotel is 5 minute walk from the Aerobus stop and a 2 minute walk from the Metro. Excellent location in Marques De Pombal, and a 15 minute walk from Barrio Alto and Restaudores. Hotel is of a high standard and extremely clean with a maid service every day, hotel staff were pleasant and efficient. The rooms are spacious and minimalist, which we loved.

• Stayed April 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place is in the list of hotels used by the company I work for and I selected it because of the convenient location; very close to both the city centre and the company’s office in Lisbon.
I didn't have any issue at my arrival and the staff was friendly but the problems started when, after a very long and tiring working day, I went back to my room, 818, for some rest.
I soon found out that the room was adjacent to the lift’s engine room and despite being extremely tired sleeping was practically impossible due to the recurring noise. The room was amplifying the noise and every time that someone used the lift I was waken up. I went to talk to the receptionist around 1 o'clock and asked to be given a different room but he said that the hotel was fully booked. I am pretty sure that was a lie. If that place had been fully booked it would have been very crowded and it was not!
I might add that the bathroom smelled of sewage, a lot, but that was not even an issue compared to the noise I had to live with. I slept about 3 hours or so the first night and, after another day at work, I had to buy myself ear plugs to protect my ears from the engine's noise and try to sleep.That was really a disgrace.
Despite being a central 4 stars Hotel, they weren't able to provide me with the most basic thing every hotel is supposed to guarantee; a quite room to sleep!!!
I really don’t understand why such a place is in the list of hotels used by my company, however I will strongly advice my colleagues to avoid that place should they go to Lisbon on a business trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business