We had the most amazing hostel experience at Lisbon Destination Hostel !
It has everything you can look for! What I liked most:
1) STAFF ; Lucas, Hugo, John were so welcoming, always helpful and smiling ! We miss them!
2) ATMOSPHERE.... it was so easy to make friends because of the large common area and the ton of activities proposed.
Also: Great location, kitchen, comfortable beds, free breakfast.
I have never seen an hostel with so many activities: walking tours (thanks Pedro!), AWESOME Sintra day and beach tour (thanks Daniel!), Fado Tour, Pubcrawls (safe and great way to enjoy Lisbon at night, we had so much fun with John and Lucas!), EXCELLENT dinners .
The area is beautiful and safe. It also has 2 sister hostels (walkable distance) where you can go; one with a pool on the rooftop, the other in Alfama (they had a BBQ there one night with a DJ; awesome!).
Wish I could have stayed longer at this place! I have been to a lot of hostels in my life and this one is BY FAR my favorite! :)
Negative: It was hard to find the 1st time... have a good printout in hand and you will be fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In July of 2011, smack in the heart of downtown Lisbon - Rossio - a new hostel is born. It could be just another hostel, except it's not. Housed in one of Lisbon's most beautiful and renowned buildings - the Rossio Railway Station - an undisputed icon of late XIX Century Romantic architecture (and which has recently undergone a profound facelift), Lisbon Destination Hostel is perched around a winter garden, where light filters down from the rooftop, harmoniously flooding the patio and creating an ambiance that is both tranquil and upbeat. We had planned on catering to a specific target, only to realize later that we didn't have to. We're confident that, between the ample first floor bedrooms (sleeping 4 to 8) with large windows overlooking the historic city, and the double rooms one floor up which peer out over the winter garden, you - whomever you may be - will find your niche. And if all this weren't enough, please note that, from our doorstep, you can take the train to the town of Sintra, a Unesco World Heritage Site just 20 minutes' ride away. Once you get there, you'll understand why. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Lisbon Destination Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.