“Excellent Hostel!!”

Lisbon Destination Hostel
Ranked #10 of 498 Specialty Lodging in Lisbon
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I 'm Japanese and I stayed with my parents.
This is our first time to stay hostels.
The room was so clean and staffs were so friendly.
They helped us so much.
So we could have excellent time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I'd planned to stay 2 nights in this hostel but it was such a pleasant experience that I booked for an extra night. It's location is superb..right in the center of the old historical city center . The staff are all very kind and helpful, and the atmosphere is very good. I immediately felt at home. The breakfast which is included in the price, is very varied, even delicious pancakes are served. The central place (kitchen / lounge / reception) is very spacious clean and fresh, a lot of daylight coming through the big top window.
Also the sanitary very clean and modern. And I was really happy with the wifi so I could do my mails at the hostel and didn't have to go to an internet cafe which is far more practical. If I come back to Lisbon again I definitely will come back to this hostel!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stay four nights at the Rossio Patio hostel and had a fantastic time. This hostel brings hosteling to a whole new level.. it is a luxury hostel but with hostel hospitality and prices! The open concept lounge and kithcen are just amazing with tonnes of plants and natural sunlight. This is a new hostel so everything is brand new.
The owners (Dangolia and Joao) are superbe people who go out of their way. The staff are super friendly and interested in helping you out with the little details. For example, I came in from the rain and they offered me a hair blower and when we needed to dry our clothing, brought us a rack to hang out clothes to dry. It is just amazing and the location is just perfect!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Great location, excellent staff, very friendly. The hostel offers kitchen facilities, dinner for a reasonable price and very good breakfast. There are shared and private rooms, both very comfortable. I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Very friendly and clean hostel in the city centre of Lisbon.Very helpful and friendly staff. Within walking distance to the main attractions. Very good value for money, definitely the best youth hostel I have visited so far!

Valentina 25, Italy

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I'm from manchester and I stayed in Rossio Patio hostel from the 5th to the 12 of november. The minute I got there, I noticed that all the staff were multilingual, they were always there to help and advise you, and I actually considered them as very good friends at the end of the week!
The hostel it self is situated on the 2nd floor of the gorgeous train station, which i found very helpful incase i wanted to go to places around like Sintra etc.. Its also a perfect location to stay! you have lots of places to visit which are just minutes away from the station.. with many restaurents and bars.
The inside of the hostel was designed to look like a green house / conservatory.. so theres so much light in the room, you can find the kitchen in the main room.. nice comfy chairs.. big bean bags, a free pool table and they also let you choose the music you'd like them to play if you're staying in.
The room i stayed in had 6 beds as i went with friends.. it was spacious and had a place to hang your clothes, and a locker to put your stuff in which comes with a key so its safe to leave your things inside... the view from the room i stayed in was breath taking! I was so pleased with it! They also have a small bar and daily activities.. such as kareoke night, portuguese buffets.. free daily walks from 10.30 am to take you around lisbon, and I went on the sintra walk which was also such an amazing experience. I've made so many friends from the hostel.. the people that go there are mainly 18 to 30, you meet people from all over the world.
It wasn't just a place where you'd drop your bags and just sleep there.. you actually enjoy staying in the hostel as much as you'd enjoy going out.

You will honestly never find anyone as nice and as lovely as the staff in Rossio Pattio! I will deffinatly come back to stay in Rossio Patio Hostel again! :)

PS: Penelope is very nice :)

Room Tip: all the room have amazing views :)
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We arrived as a group with some of our friends staying at different hotels in Lisbon.. We were dubious about it being a hostel as many people don´t think hostels are very nice.. None of us have ever stayed on one! HOWEVER.. when we got here we were so surprised about how nice and relaxed the hostel was that we felt like we weren´t even abroad but at home. Our friends visited and loved it too and spent most of their vacation here opposed to their hotels (which were 4* and nice apartments). Rossio Patio has totally changed all our views on hostels and we would definitely consider staying in them again! The staff are so friendly and welcoming and more like friends than people who work here! They even organised a night out for us to show us Lisbon nightlife! The chef Gustavo makes lovely food which is so worth the money and well worth a try!
Basically this hostel is well worth staying in and we would recommend it to anyone who is wanting to visit Lisbon! x

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends