“Amazing experience!”

Private Tour: Best of Lisbon by Sidecar
Ranked #20 of 547 Tours in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sightseeing Lisbon tours with a difference! Zoom around the swinging streets of Lisbon in a BLACK Vintage, Classic, Russian Ural Sidecar ! Your private chauffeur Daniel is Portuguese born but also a world nomad who travelled and worked all over the world with a Graphic Design and Art history background he will show you the quirky, undiscovered Lisbon that is off the beaten track and down the side streets that only a sidecar can get too!Tours last from 3 hours to all day. Get picked up from your hotel or cruise terminal and tailor your trip to your exact requirements. Daniel is an highly trained guide who knows all the best places to eat and drink so that you can truly make the most out of your stay in our great city. Fluent in English, French and Portuguese. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! If we do not provide the BEST tour of Lisbon you have ever experienced, we will book you in for another tour at your convenience free of charge! Call us for special needs people, i ll do my best to give them a ride of freedom Bike my Side THE BLACK SIDECAR COMPANY
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 8, 2012

While traveling on business, I decided to spend my first free afternoon doing something fun in Lisbon. Based on others' reviews, I chose to contact Daniel at Bike My Side. I was so very happy I did! I was at first not very impressed with what I had seen of the city, but spending the afternoon learning the history and neighborhoods of LIsbon, I blurted out halfway through the tour- "You are making me fall in love with Lisbon!" Daniel's response is that it is very easy to do that, but I think it was Daniel and his bike that really made it happen.
For the rest of my trip, all of my coworkers were incredibly curious and envious of my fun, adventurous and educational afternoon.
As a mother of 3 children, I did consider that I was alone, with a stranger, on a motorbike going through small city streets with no one really knowing where I was, which sounds incredibly dangerous and stupid. However, I felt safe and at ease with Daniel, who was not only very nice, intelligent and knowledgeable, but also was a very conscientious driver. He even took on the responsibility of being photographer as well!
If you have the opportunity to go on this tour, do not hesitate!

3  Thank mariaep

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Rome has the Coliseum, Paris- Arc de Triumph, Lisbon-
ancient churches, imposant Castle, beautiful riverside, impressive
monuments and the one and only city tour in Europe on a bike with a sidecar.

My wife and I took this 4-hour tour in late September.This tour was amazing! Traveling on a bike with a side car? Yes! And we will do it again next time we visit Lisbon. My wife, who was initially hesitant to travel on the sidecar of a
bike and I, who was determined to book a trip with Daniel, after reading the reviews of other happy travelers, were overwhelmed by the beauty of Lisbon
and the eloquent explanations of our guide Daniel.

Daniel picked us up from the hotel and immediately reassured us what I already knew and my wife was waiting to hear: that the tour he was going to do with us would be safe, pleasant, a great experience and a thing to remember.
At the end of the day It all proved to be true.

He had with him the obligatory helmets, blankets, sunscreen lotion, bottles of mineral water and offered us a choice to chart our own map of places to see.

We left it to his own discretion and for 4 hours it was all WOW!--beautiful vistas,
monuments, rides down the Lisbon's history lanes, coffee break at Belem's
famous pastry shop Casa Pasteis do Belem.

We were so overwhelmed by the beauty of Lisbon- the places Daniel took us to,
the chance to see through the eyes of this local guy with a perfect --Americans beware: British English--what the hop-on-hop-off buses do not have on their
beaten track.

We invited Daniel for lunch and ask him to recommend a good place where the
locals eat. He said he will not make recommendations in order not to endorse
one or another establishment. After we pressed him for a suggestion he
came up with an answer: a great eatery , out of
reach of the tourist crowds with mouthwatering dishes.

Daniel, we met many interesting, warm, friendly and hospitable people in
Portugal and you are in that number.

Muito obrigado.

4  Thank NewYorkChutzpah
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you are planning to visit Lisbon, do yourself a favor and contact Daniel at Bike My Side! If you're not planning to visit Lisbon...you are missing out - do it! Lisbon is a charming city with a fascinating history.

I was in Lisbon for work for just a few days, and I decided to take a tour on the first day I was there. After my half-day with Daniel, I don't know if any other city tour can possibly measure up. It was definitely the high point of my trip. Here is a short list of what made this a great tour for me:

1) Daniel loves his city, and it shows! He knows both the areas and the history, and he is happy to share it with visitors.
2) He is one of the warmest, friendliest people I have ever met. He will treat you like a friend who has come to visit.
3) He is ready to tailor your experience based on what you are interested in. He will give you options, and he will check in with you throughout the day to make sure the pace is just right for you.
4) The motorcycle and side car are VERY cool! It is a great way to get around...and we got lots of looks and smiles.
5) He is a very safe driver, and the traffic in Lisbon is actually pretty tame. I felt MUCH safer in the sidecar than I did in any cab I rode in!

I could go on forever, but you get the point!

If you can, I suggest trying to book your tour for the early part of your visit, as Daniel will get you familiar enough with the city that you will feel much more comfortable exploring on your own for the rest of your time there.

Enjoy!

2  Thank David V
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We both loved this tour. We had thought Lisbon was a bit dirty and run down until Daniel showed us round. He loves Lisbon and his enthusiasm is infectious! He took us round all the famous sights and took us to wonderful viewpoints.Do this tour on your first day and then you can decide which sights you want to spend more time visiting. The bike and sidecar are great fun to travel in and it is a day we will never forget.

sue

1  Thank sue u
Reviewed September 30, 2012

For anyone that is traveling to Lisboa; you must definitely do this tour. Daniel (our lovely tour guide) was absolutely brilliant. We are well traveled and this would have to be by far the best tour we have ever experienced. Not only did we get a fantastic insight to Lisboa, but his personal interaction with us was superb. Thanks Daniel for giving us such an enjoyable and memorable experience. We will be back! Matt & Sonia

1  Thank Matt-Sonia