“A really great place to stay!”
Review of Hotel Lisboa Plaza

Hotel Lisboa Plaza
Ranked #50 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights - really lovely place - I felt very at home. Staff speak good English and are very helpful. It is a great location - just a 5 minute walk from some of the key sights. Hotel has a lovely terrace which is a great place to relax at the end of the day. Hotel also has a little gym with decent equipment. A good breakfast - worth paying the extra for it. Overall a good value hotel.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank sarahvix

Reviewed June 3, 2010

The hotel was nice, staff was friendly, room comfortable, and ambiente was fine. The hotel is located quite centrally and one can reach interesting sites by foot. However, not all room have the charming heritage interior, which makes other hotels of the heritage chain so beautiful. My room has some cheap new furniture and had no charme.

• Stayed: May 2010
HeritageLisbon, Owner at Hotel Lisboa Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback and to allow us to clarify some aspects of our Hotel.
The Plaza has two different decorations in their rooms. Half of the rooms keep their original furniture from the fifties and the other half has a more contemporary style furniture that was designed by a famous Portuguese interior designer Graça Viterbo. We intend to give our clients the feeling of a Portuguese home using local materials and processes like the handmade tiles that you find in the contemporary rooms. Throughout the Hotel we also try to offer different ambiences and experiences but keeping in mind the local feel and character. Thank you.
Diogo Laranjo, General Manager.

Reviewed May 5, 2010

I was on my way home to Oslo from the US when the volcano ash cloud caused my plane from Newark to be cancelled. I was rerouted by Continental to Lisbon with a further flight two days later. Therefore I had to find a place to stay. First I called a hotel where I stayed earlier, Hotel Britania (excellent by the way) that was full but they sent my call onto Lisboa Palace. Lisboa Palace allowed me to check in early (since my plane arrived at 08.30), gave me the weekend rate for the five days I was there, called the airport for me when my plane to Oslo was cancelled and were generally just what I needed during this time. They had two PCs available for guests, an important issue since I was traveling without mine and needed to keep my job informed of my status.
As for the normal things: my room was comfortable, clean and well furnished. The breakfast was very good with a range of foods to suit the mornings I was hungry and mornings I just wanted fruit and yoghurt. The bar was very friendly and served light dinners.
I cannot thank them enough for their excellent service.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2010

This hotel is located just off the "main" street in Lisbon and is within walking distance of the swank shops and hip restaurants. The simple European-style hotel is exactly what one would expect and the price point is excellent. We had a two room suite and were very comfortable for our stay. The only concern was the disco (which apparently is right next door). Although my husband and son didn't "hear a thing," I was a bit annoyed when the bass-beat of the music woke me up! In all, the surroundings were more important than the noise at night. We had two TV's (one for watching soccer . . . the other for news). The front desk offers a free glass of port to guests (and juice for children). Unlike other Euro hotels, breakfast is not included (however it is FREE for children). The staff were extremely pleasant and we would stay in this hotel again . . . maybe away from the disco?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with a group of friends and would happily recommend the place. Its located just off Ave de Liberade about 2 minutes walk from Avenida metro station, so very handy for down town Lisbon, and only 20 minutes taxi from the airport.
Reception staff were friendly and helpful, as were bar and restaurant staff.
The rooms are small, a little cramped and out dated décor, but they are clean, comfortable, have a/c, in-room safe, bathrobes, etc. So a pleasant stay.
The breakfast was very nice, good selection and certainly not to be missed.
Close to the bar is a small business centre with free access to two PCs, printer, internet, etc.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2010

The rooms and bathroom are dated and appears no sound proofing at all. If you are looking for luxury and romance - not the place to go! Though if you just want a clean basic room and are getting one of their special promotion prices then go ahead. I would not say full price room is value for money.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
HeritageLisbon, Owner at Hotel Lisboa Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2010

We thank all the feedback from our clients that help us to improve our service or to clarify some aspects of our hotel.
The Plaza is not, and doesn’t intend to be a modern or luxury hotel. This hotel is owned and managed by the same Portuguese family since its construction in 1954. We don’t want to loose the character and personality and so we try to keep some memories from the past, as in a private home, but in perfect conditions. As an example of that, all the marble bathrooms have been restored last year.
Concerning the sound proofing system, the building which was designed to be a hotel, is a solid construction of the early fifties and presently all the rooms have double glazing.
Thank you.
Diogo Laranjo, General Manager.

Reviewed February 16, 2010

Hotel very well situated. We booked a superior double which was ideal. Breakfast amazing. Staff very helpful and friendly.
Rooms at the back don't have any buildings directly opposite and are quiet.
Excellent in all respects.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple