“Very pleasant staff, average hotel”
Review of Hotel Lisboa Plaza

Hotel Lisboa Plaza
Ranked #48 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Moorestown, New Jersey
“Very pleasant staff, average hotel”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The stay was overall pleasant. They helped us park our car late at night when we couldn't find a spot and checked on it frequently for us. Hotel is a bit dated, epsecially the rooms. It was clean-this worried me when booking for this trip as most reveiws were discouraging about so many hotels being dirty and with bugs. None of that here. The hotel was in a nice area but we only stayed one night and didn't have too much time to explore as we spent most of our tim ein Sintra.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here last week for business for a week. The hotel is in a great location just off Avenida da Liberdade on a quiet street. The hotel is quite charming and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are a little bit older but maintained well. I recommend getting the breakfast with your stay, it is better than a normal continental breakfast, and there is even the option of champagne which is a nice touch. The only issue I have is with the wifi in the rooms.. (as I was there for business) the wifi was terrible and dropped the connection on several occasions and could not connect at all on several occasions. It is fine downstairs in the main area and quite fast but not strong in the rooms (which I needed) and I was only on the 2nd floor so I can't imagine on floors higher up.
The location is great if you are a tourist though also, it's a 10 minute walk up the road to catch the red hop on hop off tour buses which is great way to familiarize yourself with the city.
All that being said I would stay there again but I would give the hotel 5 stars if the internet was fixed.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is on a quiet street I don't think you would have any problems throughout the ho...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sunnylagirl
HeritageLisbon, General Manager at Hotel Lisboa Plaza, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us have your feedback following your recent stay with us.
Whilst we are very pleased that you liked most aspects of our hotel we are most concerned to read of your disappointments with our complimentary internet service in the rooms.
We do carry regular audits on signal strength and connectivity and as a result of your experience we will recheck and take all necessary measures to assure a good connectivity all over the hotel.
We also have, for free use of our guests, an internet point and a business lounge with computers and printers available 24 hours a day.
We look forward to welcoming you again and we are working hard to provide you with a totally satisfactory stay.
Yours sincerely,
Diogo Laranjo
Crewkerne, Somerset
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights over New Year 2012/13. The room was a good size with a really comfy, large bed! Staff were helpful and attentive, and when we had a leak from our bathroom ceiling, it was fixed while we were out with no mess and no need to move rooms. Breakfasts were good with a large selection and relaxed atmosphere. This is a brilliant location to walk in to the centre of the city and close to lots of great restaurants & shops. The one small criticism I have is that the sound-proofing was not brilliant and we could hear EVERYTHING that went on in neighbouring bathrooms !

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel is quiet and away from any traffic that might be passing. Having sai...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Masonmou
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

A very nice stay in a most convenient location. Staff was exceptionally helpful especially Paulo at front desk He assisted with parking, tours and resturants Went out of his way to assist. Breakfast was very good and a good value

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank John F
Hope Under Dinmore, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week, as I was working with a local company and they had arranged to hold a workshop in the hotel's basement rooms. Regardless of why I stayed there, I can't praise it enough. The staff are brilliant, polite and can't do enough to help. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, especially the beds - I slept really well, which is unusual when I'm away from home.

Breakfasts are amazing. Well, any hotel that has a 'Calorie Kingdom' as part of their breakfast offering can't be bad in my opinion. But there are other options, all well presented and very fresh.

I will be going back as Lisbon is a wonderful city, but when I do, I'll definitely be staying at the Hotel Lisboa Plaza.

Oh, and before I forget, do go up to the terrace on the 5 floor if you get a chance. I only found it on my last evening there, but I'd definitely have used it had I found it sooner.

Room Tip: I had a room at the front, but it was still very quiet, though it was winter. I suspect rooms at the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank FuturistFi
Tampere
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Even though we this time did not stay there, we visited it on the Christmas day. It gave us a feeling that if we ever return to Lisbon, this hotel will be our place then again, like it was 2010. I like its athmosphere, furniture, hospitality, quietness (even though silent music was there on the back). We now used only their bar services and one day later lunch, which cannot be luxorious in a bar but it was done and served so nicely that you could not be enjoying it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple