“Perfect Stay for Four Days”

Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade
Ranked #37 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hawaii
“Perfect Stay for Four Days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

This hotel was a highlight for the four days my wife and I stayed here for as part of our honeymoon. The staff was extremely helpful and responsive. Their recommendations for dinner were perfect for what we had planned on our relaxing get away. I couldn't have asked for a better hotel.

We'd definately come back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RJF1994

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

Couldn't recommend more highly, no matter how hard you try you can't find fault with anything. the beds are the most comfortable you'll find anywhere and the rooms are very tasteful and funky. check in and check out were quick and easy, i had a really nice man who i think was the manager both times and he couldn't have be more pleasant and helpful and provided a quick orientation with a city map when i arrived. The concierges that I came across were similarly wonderful.

The location is great, it is a short walk to where the main action is, and very close to two metro stops, and it is in a classy area.

Will definitely be staying with sofitel again and if i'm ever in lisbon again then i'm here with bells on.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ksmrt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

We arrived at Lisbon airport at 22.00 relieved to be away from London and especially Heathrow. Jumped into a cab and headed for our first port of call Sofitel Lisbon. The cab ride was hairy to say the least, we travelled at over 100 km in a 50km zone, this was a little fun until we hit the corners, :) arrived at Sofitel white knuckled and relieved to leave the cab.
The night staff at the front desk were very friendly and very helpful, we checked in and caught the lift up to our room. Our room was really nice, everything including the bathroom was very clean and very comfortable. The bathroom products were L'occitane which is always a nice surprise. After a freshen up we thought we'd go out for some dinner.
The locals of Lisbon, unlike other European cities eat quiet early as we were told by the conceirge so there were not too many resturants still open by the time we were ready to head out,but the concierge gave us one resturant recommendation (Lisboa à Noite) and found it to be absolutely wonderful.
We got back to the hotel and wanted to send some emails, check facebook etc etc, but after being told we had wifi, we found this not to be the case. The wifi cuts out every 5 minutes, and the login number is quiet long, so after an hour of trying to logon I was very frustrated. I went downstairs in the morning to complain about it and found the morning staff to be quiet different. The women on the desk told me a little abruptly that they'd had a lot of trouble with the wifi and they'd had people in to fix it, when I said it still wasn't working I was given a blank look, end of story.
We then went in for breakfast which I found to be a little dissapointing. My partner and I asked for eggs and bacon, which we recieved on a very small plate with no room to move and no toast. Fried eggs on a small plate with no toast can be very messy and it was.
We went out for a wonderful day around Lisbon and came back to the Hotel to find the bar under construction with large clear plastic sheets covering everything, went upstairs to no wifi and ordered some wine to drink in the room, the hotel wine had a strange froth ontop and after a quick smell thought I'd leave the wine and head off to bed. Overall a nice experience, but I must say the resturant is not worth the money you pay, I'd suggest you hit the cafe's and resurants of Lisbon rather than eating in the hotel, and definately don't worry about wifi, it doesn't exist.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thommytraveler
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

This one incredible stay!
The hotel is beautiful and well worth the price!
Can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

i have stayed 3 days in lisbon .
i feel like it was my second home, the staff are friendly , very good service in the concierge desk and don´t forget to visit the trendy bar and restaurant.
i love it ...the next time i will bring my family

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

I agree with recent reviews on this centrally located hotel. I had a Junior Suite overlooking the Park which was very comfortable, clean and well appointed. Staff were very helpful and friendly. I disagree that at 17 euro the breakfast is expensive given the choice and quality.
I was a little disappointed with the fitness centre but we had Club Med gym equipment in our room!
The nearby Baiana Cafe about 100m down Liberdad is very good for lunch/snack.
berkshirejpb

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BerkshireJpb
Roma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

I had read some opinions about this hotel and had chosen it for a romantic weekend with my boyfriend and I must say that I definitively was not disappointed. The hotel is really very nice, but, the best thing, is that we felt "spoilt" from the beginning to the end. The bed, nominated " the cloud" for some other travelers from tripadvisor is really wonderful, and I still dream with it now that I am back home.... chocolate every day in afternoon, all the products in the bathroom from “Occitane en Provence”, the personal really, really kind and ready to solve all your problems. It will be impossible to stay in other hotel if we come back to Lisbon!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple