“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane
“Great Location”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was our first visit to Lisbon. The sofitel was in a great location. Close to plenty of shops and a short walk to catch trams, buses etc. The biggest problem was that the WIFI was a very weak signal. This was annoyng for me as i needed it for work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DL1980Brisbane
AFERREIRA, Gerente geral at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade and for the time you took to review your stay.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed the location of our hotel nonetheless; we would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused by the weak Wi-Fi signal. Rest assured we have taken the appropriate measures to prevent future incidents like these.

We look forward to welcome you soon to Sofitel Lisbon.

Wishing you a Magnifique Christmas and a Happy New Year!

António Ferreira de Sousa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel, staff and location are good...its in the center of Lisbon and people are very friendly......But in the room, wifi didnt work during the whole stay...the room looks old and worn, definately needs renovation and room-service was not good...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AFERREIRA, Gerente geral at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade during your visit to Lisbon and for taking the time to review your stay.

We are pleased that your enjoyed the service provided by our Ambassadors and location of our hotel, nonetheless, we understand we have not met your overall expectations and apologize for the inconveniences caused with the Wi-Fi signal and the room service. If you would like to further discuss your stay with us, please contact us through: h1319-sm@sofitel.com.

We look forward to welcome you to Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade on your next visit to Lisbon and to be given the opportunity to outshine your expectations.

Paris, France
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Pros: Excellent food at diner and impressive breakfast, hotel people very nice and helpful, good location to discover Lisboa by walking or metro (station near by).
Cons: small room, and no view on top of the hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference in Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed dinner and breakfast served in our AdLib restaurant and the location of our hotel. We also thank you for your compliments regarding to our Ambassadors who do their best to ensure each and every Guest’s stay with us, is a memorable experience at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade.

Thank you for your recommendation, we look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Lisbon.

Newport Coast, Ca
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I am currently at the Sofitel Lisbon. Today is the last night of my 3 night stay in Lisbon.

Hotel is in a great location right on the Avenida de Liberdade. Unfortunately Ave de Liberdade can get quite busy and as a result a bit loud. My room faces Ave de Liberdade and the rooms aren't soundproofed so I hear all the cars and those annoying motorcycles on the street. In addition to the street being loud the hotel is doing a lot of construction. The last two days the pounding and noise from the construction was just terrible. The walls are extremely thin - Last night the woman in the room over from me was coughing all night and I could hear it as if she was in my room...why are the walls this thin? Terrible night of sleep.

Room is small, but efficient. Bathroom was quite small as well, but efficient as well. Although the shower had one of the doors to where it only covers half the tub, so only half the area of the shower and tub are covered - I hate this. I think it's so tacky, it makes it cold, it easy for water to get out of the tub and shower.

The hotel has a restaurant named AdLib, I had lunch at AdLib one day and it was OK. I don't eat Seafood (allergy) and my options are a little limited - but I had a nice pasta dish which I enjoyed.

All in all, just an OK stay. OK restaurant, OK Rooms, OK Food. The service was good though - the staff at the front desk made sure I was happy and went out of their was in educating me about the city - Thank you Karim! Extremely disappointed from a noise standpoint. I spoke with the manager today (11/29) apologized for not returning my call from yesterday and she was busy. She offered to remove the lunch from my bill as she was unable to do anything to the room rate as it was prepaid??? I felt that really wasn't enough. You don't come to a hotel to hear construction, to hear what's going on in the neighboring room and hear the noise from the street. I feel this is the type of noise one can expect from a Motel 6 on a busy freeway. I suggested she credit my LeClub account with some points - she offered 250 points - this is my first stay a Sofitel and first time using LeClub so I wasn't sure the value of 250 points. After researching the value of 250 points I learned 250 points really isn't much. Still not happy with the noise, not happy that I was not informed prior to my stay the hotel will be undergoing major construction. The hotel isn't to big and with the walls being as thin as they are I'm sure a number of guests were bothered by the construction noise.

Will opt for another hotel in Lisbon next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
AFERREIRA, Gerente geral at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to tell us about your experience with us at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade. We take all our Guest comments and reviews very seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get, in order to improve the product and services we provide.

Regarding to the works, we inform you that we are installing an anti-seismic system in order to enhance the wellbeing of our customers and visitors, whose welfare is our highest priority and reason to continue the tradition of demand, innovation and art of receiving, which characterize Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade. We understand we have not met your overall expectations and express our sincerest apologies for all the troubles you have met during your stay.

Nonetheless, we are very pleased to know that our front desk Ambassadors have done their best to ensure your comfort during your visit, they join me today to thank you for your kind compliment.

Once again, thank you very much for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you would like to further discuss your stay, please feel free to contact us through h1319-sm@sofitel.com.

We look forward to welcome you once again at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade and to be given the chance to surpass your expectations in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

In the last 12 months I have stayed at the Sofitels in Saigon, Macau and Mumabi, all of which have been excellent. The Sofitel Lisboa unfortunaltey lets the brand down and did not provide me with an enjoyable stay.

For example, check-in was horrifically slow. The rooms are tired and need re-furbishing. The 'Gym' is in no-way a gym, it is so small, not even any free-weights, just one running-machine. Food from room service not impressive. The Bar service very slow.

All-in-all a very dissapointing experience and the Management of the Sofitel Lisboa should be embarrassed they are damaging the global brand of Softel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank BorstalRovers
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade during your stay and Lisbon and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We understand we have not met your overall expectations and apologize for all the inconveniences caused during your stay. We take all our Guest comments very seriously and are very thankful for all the feedback we can get, in order to improve and ensure you receive the highest quality of products and services. Your comments will be shared with the management in order to implement methods to prevent future incidents like these.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel in september... its well located, has a nice breakfast, the room was small and dark . I didnt really like it. Almost no natural light.
The door to the toilett was not a real door so you felt a bit unconfortable..
Too expensive for what you get

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AFERREIRA, Gerente geral at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed the prestigious area we are located in and the breakfast served in our restaurant, AdLib.

We understand we have not met your overall expectations and apologize for any inconveniences caused during your stay. We take all our Guest comments very seriously and are very thankful for all the feedback we can get.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This has now been my 3rd stay at the Sofitel in Lisbon, and I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else, the hotel has fantastic rooms, and are very clean, the staff are also always very helpful. The location is perfect, you can literally walk to half of Lisbon. I must mention my favourite restaurant just a few minutes walk "Pinocchio" one of the best restaurants in Lisbon, and great value for money. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Lisbon, especially if its your first time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. David,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade during your visit to Lisbon and for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

We are very pleased you are a loyal Guest to Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade and are glad that you have once again enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for your comments regarding to our location, our room facilities and the quality of service provided by our Ambassadors. Thank you for your recommendation!

We look forward to welcome you soon to Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade.