“Great city”

Ranked #137 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great city”
Reviewed June 23, 2007

A good hotel - beautifully clean to the highest standard. Requested a front facing high floor and got it!
The rooms are not huge but very adequate and have certainly stayed in smaller. Very comfortable with all amenities TV fridge wardrobes storage etc.
The bathroom was impecable and so clean you could have eaten a meal off the floor! It was however a little on the "tight" size but you do only use it for what its meant for and not holding a party in!. Bath shower WC basin & bidet.
All bedding towels changed daily and the standards were beyond high.
Breakfast dining room on the next to top floor and gave a great view over Lisbon looking right over the city - great start to a day. Breakfast the usual basic meats cheeses bread yoghurts etc.
Good location very close(5mins walk) to Metro and then 3 stops to centre.Masses of buses and easy to use with 1 day tickets at 3.35 euro.
A very very good price hotel for a city break (shop around for prices)

• Liked — location & cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Howard-Liverpool

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
surrey
Reviewed June 5, 2007

Do not under any circumstances book to stay at this hotel unless you want to be ripped off.
I have just returned from Lisbon, we booked this hotel last November via the internet. There were 6 of us (3 married couples) and so we decided to upgrade and booked 3 Queensize rooms. We didn't pay upfront but our confirmation had Queensize Rooms printed on it.
When we arrived the man on the desk (I think the Manager) booked us in & when we asked if we had Queensize rooms said 'no', we had a double and 2 twin. We said we hadn't booked that and so he said then we'd have to be on seperate floors which we said was ok. When we saw our rooms the beds were barely double size and the rooms were the most pokey and dingy rooms I have ever seen. In hindsight we should have rejected them there and then but we didn't as we were tired.
When we booked out three nights later I mentioned to the same man that because we didn't get what we asked for we should really only pay for double rooms and not queensize he didn't even acknowledge me, ignored me completely and still took the amount for the queensize rooms from our credit cards.
I know this hotel was quite cheap (it would have been even cheaper if we had been charged correctly for what we were given) but I would advise pay a little extra and stay in a nicer hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank milly52

Travelers are raving about these Lisbon hotels

Gennevilliers, France
Reviewed October 8, 2006

I would like to start by saying that it seems that offering a twin room instead of a double one seems to be a common practice across the globe; i.e. it happened to me to, and I definitely refused to take a twin room instead of a double one, as I was staying with my SO. And to answer to the traveler from Athens, it has happened to me BEFORE this hotel... in Athens, Greece :) and I had to argue hard with the receptionist in order to get the double room I had reserved.

Here at Comfort Inn Embaixador the front desk clerk was nice and helpful, and when we came back immediatly from the 1st floor twin room, he inquired if a double room was ready, and it was, so we got a room on the 4th floor (410) which I recommend (as it's opposite the crowded street).

The room was spacious, clean, small bar full of stuff (we haven't used anything though). WC & bath looked cleaned and ok.

Breakfast was the usual hotel breakfast (several types of bread, cheese, some bacon, orange juice, coffee, corn flakes etc.) Good, nothing to comment on, except the restaurant is at the 9th front and gives you an awesome panorama of the city... There aren't many cities with close airports, so it's quite impressive to sit there, eat, and watch big planes crossing the blue sky going to land... You could ask some of the staff the permission to go onto the balcony, they'll let you, especially if the 10th floor is closed (the sky panorama room).

All in all, it was a pleasant experience, but I think the prices have gotten a little higher since the other reviews (we had the night as a prepaid gift, but I've seen the price in the lobby to be 90 € / night / DBL.

• Liked — The location, very central in Lisbon
  • Disliked — The fact that once again I was proposed a twin room instead of a double room!
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for room 410 (or any room opposite the crowded main street)
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Vladimir-Mihai P
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2005

We stayed here for 4 nights (friends of ours also stayed here) and all of us were very pleased with the accommodations.

It was very clean and in good shape. Bathroom was ultra-clean and had quality fixtures. Bedding was good quality and bed was comfortable.

Room was not too big, but I don't live in my hotel room. It's just someplace to sleep and get refreshed.

Very close to Metro stop at Marques de Pombal and nice neighbourhood. Two grocery stores just feet away and a small fridge in the room for storing perishables (or chilling white wine).

No complaints. Would stay there again (57 euros a night including breakfast)

Stayed July 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
warsaw
Reviewed July 18, 2005

I stayed in this hotel in March for 5 nights with my bf and we really enjoyed, of course it is not the luxury on Marriot but it is all decnt tourist could need.Romm we got was on the 8 floor, with rather nice view, small but useful bathroom and not big but enough for night stay only room.

Beds were comfortable with clean sheets.

The only thing was the closet which in my opinion could have nicer smell.

Breakfast was fulfiling although moderate (one kind of luncheon and chees, some friut, yougurth and coffe/tea).Breakfast is served at the top floor with splendid views on the city of Lisbon.

When next time in Lisbon will stay there for sure as the price is ubeatable:
49 EUR for double room with breakfast.

Really recommend it.

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank lauriston
Oraiokastro, Greece
Reviewed April 19, 2004

I was generally not happy with this hotel and will think a lot before visiting this hotel again. Effectively I have faced the following situation: I have reserved and guaranteed a double room for me and my wife. In check in I have been given a twin room in which two people could not walk on the same corridor (it was amazingly small). I contacted immediately the reception but the problem was not resolved since the told me that no other rooms were available. When I told them that I have only reserved considering the availability of the specific type of room they said they were sorry (how touching to be soory ....).
It was not easy to leave so I considered that the best thing to do was to wait until next day. After 30 minutes , plumbing work started in the next wall of this room and the noise was totally unmanageable (hammers sounds etc). I went back furious at the reception and after a very "interesting" conversation they had miraculously found a double large room. I consider that starting a business trip by quarrelling is not the best thing to happen , so next time I would probably would not choose this hotel. The positive side is that the second room was just fine and the hotel in very conveniently located in Lisbon. It is your call.

11 Thank dinos1974