ibis Styles Lisboa Embaixador
$177
$132
$251
  • Breakfast included
TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel(Lisbon)
$190
$141
Melia.com
$337
$275
  • Restaurant
$291
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
$62
HIExpress.com
All reviewsmarques de pombal squaremetro stationbreakfast roomlift workinggreat view over lisbonenglish language channelslisbon centerbad pointstop floorwalk into townpriced hotelclean roomsbreakfast selectiontour buslate checkbreakfast includedham
Reviewed May 9, 2009

This was our worst experience by far in Portugal. The hotel rooms seem not to have changed since the 1950s (including carpets and bedspreads). We first got a room with a broken window, a bathroom light that didn't work, and electric outlets that only worked if the track florescent lighting was on. Fortunately, the hotel was able to give us another room the second night, which was better. Still, this is a poor choice in a city full of very nice hotel choices.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bound2Go
Reviewed June 23, 2007

A good hotel - beautifully clean to the highest standard. Requested a front facing high floor and got it!
The rooms are not huge but very adequate and have certainly stayed in smaller. Very comfortable with all amenities TV fridge wardrobes storage etc.
The bathroom was impecable and so clean you could have eaten a meal off the floor! It was however a little on the "tight" size but you do only use it for what its meant for and not holding a party in!. Bath shower WC basin & bidet.
All bedding towels changed daily and the standards were beyond high.
Breakfast dining room on the next to top floor and gave a great view over Lisbon looking right over the city - great start to a day. Breakfast the usual basic meats cheeses bread yoghurts etc.
Good location very close(5mins walk) to Metro and then 3 stops to centre.Masses of buses and easy to use with 1 day tickets at 3.35 euro.
A very very good price hotel for a city break (shop around for prices)

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Howard-Liverpool
Reviewed June 5, 2007

Do not under any circumstances book to stay at this hotel unless you want to be ripped off.
I have just returned from Lisbon, we booked this hotel last November via the internet. There were 6 of us (3 married couples) and so we decided to upgrade and booked 3 Queensize rooms. We didn't pay upfront but our confirmation had Queensize Rooms printed on it.
When we arrived the man on the desk (I think the Manager) booked us in & when we asked if we had Queensize rooms said 'no', we had a double and 2 twin. We said we hadn't booked that and so he said then we'd have to be on seperate floors which we said was ok. When we saw our rooms the beds were barely double size and the rooms were the most pokey and dingy rooms I have ever seen. In hindsight we should have rejected them there and then but we didn't as we were tired.
When we booked out three nights later I mentioned to the same man that because we didn't get what we asked for we should really only pay for double rooms and not queensize he didn't even acknowledge me, ignored me completely and still took the amount for the queensize rooms from our credit cards.
I know this hotel was quite cheap (it would have been even cheaper if we had been charged correctly for what we were given) but I would advise pay a little extra and stay in a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank milly52
Reviewed October 8, 2006

I would like to start by saying that it seems that offering a twin room instead of a double one seems to be a common practice across the globe; i.e. it happened to me to, and I definitely refused to take a twin room instead of a double one, as I was staying with my SO. And to answer to the traveler from Athens, it has happened to me BEFORE this hotel... in Athens, Greece :) and I had to argue hard with the receptionist in order to get the double room I had reserved.

Here at Comfort Inn Embaixador the front desk clerk was nice and helpful, and when we came back immediatly from the 1st floor twin room, he inquired if a double room was ready, and it was, so we got a room on the 4th floor (410) which I recommend (as it's opposite the crowded street).

The room was spacious, clean, small bar full of stuff (we haven't used anything though). WC & bath looked cleaned and ok.

Breakfast was the usual hotel breakfast (several types of bread, cheese, some bacon, orange juice, coffee, corn flakes etc.) Good, nothing to comment on, except the restaurant is at the 9th front and gives you an awesome panorama of the city... There aren't many cities with close airports, so it's quite impressive to sit there, eat, and watch big planes crossing the blue sky going to land... You could ask some of the staff the permission to go onto the balcony, they'll let you, especially if the 10th floor is closed (the sky panorama room).

All in all, it was a pleasant experience, but I think the prices have gotten a little higher since the other reviews (we had the night as a prepaid gift, but I've seen the price in the lobby to be 90 € / night / DBL.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Vladimir-Mihai P
A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa
Reviewed August 2, 2005

We stayed here for 4 nights (friends of ours also stayed here) and all of us were very pleased with the accommodations.

It was very clean and in good shape. Bathroom was ultra-clean and had quality fixtures. Bedding was good quality and bed was comfortable.

Room was not too big, but I don't live in my hotel room. It's just someplace to sleep and get refreshed.

Very close to Metro stop at Marques de Pombal and nice neighbourhood. Two grocery stores just feet away and a small fridge in the room for storing perishables (or chilling white wine).

No complaints. Would stay there again (57 euros a night including breakfast)

Stayed: July 2005