“Over priced”

Neighborhood: Principe Real
Evora, Portugal
“Over priced”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This place has a Japanese sushi chef an the sushi,and shittake miso are excellent BUT the tempura is truly dreadful. The batter is thick and dense and the oil is not at the right temperature meaning that the tempura is stodgy and soggy with oil. The meal, even with a small discount because of the tempura, was nearly twice as expensive as the japanese meal eaten at a much nicer place a little further down the same street, which is part of a nice hotel, the night before

• Visited December 2013

Lisbon, Portugal
“A good local choice for sushi”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This sushi restaurant doesn't look of much from the outside - just like most places in Lisbon - but inside you will find a large dining area with tables and chairs, lounge tables with ottomans and a lovely outdoor dining area.

The staff is very friendly, but service can be slow if the restaurant is busy. The sushi is freshly made, well presented and tastes good. They have a good choice of wines and beers as well. The restaurant is located in the Principe Real neighborhood which is less frequented by tourists than the nearby Bairro Alto but is considered to be one of the best areas of central Lisbon.

If the sushi had been a little bit larger in size and a few percentage cheaper I would have rated it "very good". But I can recommend the place if you feel for sushi when in central Lisbon. The place is also very popular for take aways.

• Visited November 2013
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
“Average good sushi, a bit expensive thought”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Me and my husband went there as we decided to try a new Japanese restaurant with a coupon we received as a present some time ago. The staff were friendly, but somehow they are slow, forgot some of what we ordered, and then at the end they were barely present that we had a slightly hard time to call them to the table.

Food is average good, thought we had better for the same or even less expensive price. The green tea I've ordered lacked flavor, yet it is three times more expensive compared to average soft drinks.

Thought the desserts were nice, me and my husband tried a lemon pie and ginger ice cream, and we were happy.

• Visited October 2013
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
“Who are they fooling,you?”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I don't generally take time to review places on my travels , however, this is an experience that I feel deserves to be shared.
We visited Origami last night, very excited at the prospect of a good Sushi restaurant in a City recognised for its love of fish.
Firstly, no Japanese in sight,a tittering waiter when we entered and felt immediately that we were amusing to the staff for some reason, very uncomfortable for us both.
Two plates were plonked in front of us along with two dog eared and greasy menus.the plates were swimming with water and my wife's napkin was also soaked,her plate was chipped.they were both replaced apologetically so we ordered the first dishes ,edumami, miso soup and a crab roll,along with hot sake .
In my mind an establishment lives or dies on its basics,soup,bread,house wine etc,in this instance they failed in every respect.the Sake arrived first,a tiny little jar, half the size that you usually expect,tepid rather than hot,and completely unlike any Sake I have ever tasted,just the taste of tepid alcohol,quite undrinkable.
Likewise the miso soup,two small plastic bowls with lukewarm cup-o-soup miso mix and a few uncut lumps of very sour shiitake,quite disgusting.
At this point we had had enough,I told the manageress that we were leaving and would pay for what we had,although it remained untouched after one spoonful.she said that they could heat up the miso,but you don't expect it to hit the table like that in a restaurant that charges those kind of prices.god knows what a mess they would make of a basic nigiri there.
I get the impression that the trendy set of Lison may not have much experience of decent sushi,the requisites for which are quite simple:fresh and tasty ingredients,cleanliness and generally good value for money,this dive has none of those,if they tried this kind of service in Tokyo they would be closed down within a week,avoid .....avoid......avoid

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank skyebee72
Brussels, Belgium
“Amazing restaurant”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Very good food throughout and probably one of the best receptions I've ever experienced. I particularly appreciated the original mix of Japanese and Portuguese cuisines.

• Visited May 2013