Travellers House - Studios
$278
Hotels.com
$186
  • Restaurant
TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel(Lisbon)
$184
$143
Hotel Avenida Palace(Lisbon)
$285
Cancelon
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I love these studios so much that I just want to move in and call it my own. If you're reading this I am guessing you're thinking about a trip to Lisbon so don't hesitate, book this place now and I'll be just that little bit jealous.

You can see the pictures on here and it really is as good in real life. It's great to have your own space and you can almost kid yourself that you live in this cool City.

We stayed twice so got to try out both the big and small studio. Both have the same good amenities including kitchen, TV, docking station, wifi etc. You just need to decide which is better for you:

The big studio is really spacious and divided up into three areas - a kitchen with dining table, a big living room and the bedroom. Great if you're staying for a few days.

The small studio is maybe slightly more quirkily stylish, obviously a little cheaper but the real selling point is the views to absolutely die for. The only drawback was that there was no storage for clothes so if you're there for a while it could get annoying.

The staff were also incredibly helpful. The studios have no reception so you have to arrange to meet them there in advance. We arrived really late on our first night but this was no problem. We also popped into the hostel one day for advice on trains to Porto and again they couldn't have been more helpful.

The only one thing to consider is that the hostel itself is a 15 min walk away. It looked fantastic in there with loads of communal space and they organise loads of social events so if you want to be in the heart of it all then you may prefer to check out the hostel. But all in all I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Anya B
Reviewed January 5, 2013

What a great place, with unbelievably friendly and helpful staff. We stayed in the studios owned by Travellers House, not at the actual hostel. The studio was inexpensive, clean, and well-furnished (stove, microwave, sink, toaster, cups/plates, etc) and a perfect place from which to explore the city. Note that the apartments are at a different location from the hostel (about 10 minute walk). The view from our room was wonderful, overlooking all of downtown Lisbon. The apartments are a 3 minute walk from the main square and metro/train stops (great location).

Email communication prior to arrival was great, and they answered all questions and offered travel instructions from the airport. Upon arrival we called the hostel and were met at the door of the studios by a staff person who showed us the room and then spent a long time with us providing helpful details about things to do and see in the city. The hospitality and friendliness was excellent (everyone spoke English, which was great since our Portuguese isn't great). You can also eat breakfast at the hostel (eggs, cereal, coffee/tea, crepes) but you must pay an additional 3 euro per person if you're staying at the apartments. You can stop by the hostel anytime for travel trips and ideas (which we did several times), or participate in any of the hostel daily activities -- the staff is always kind and helpful.

One important note: in order to get to the apartments you walk up a large hill, then up a lot of stairs to get to the room. For that you get a wonderful view, but it is an extra trek. If you just want a cheap and friendly place to stay without the kitchen amenities the hostel might be a better bet for you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed in one of the Travellers House Studio Villas. It was great. Very clean with everything you need, Very private, up high with a magical view of the city down to the river.
The studios are about a 10min walk from the hostel in Augusta. Right through what I would describe as the old theatre district. Great location central to everything.
The studios are up 2 or 3 flights and is a bit of a climb up the hill to and from the building, especially with luggage. Great workout.
The staff at Travellers are super helpful and made me feel very welcome, thank-you team.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GedHart_12
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I liked staying in the apartment but the logistics of actually locating it and getting in were prohibitive and I agree with other reviews that say this could be largely rectified with more communication from the staff. My taxi driver had no idea where the street was, in the end just pointed down the hill of little lane with tram tracks and left me there. My own fault for having two heavy suitcases (this is 100% a location best suited to backpacks), I trundled with great difficult down the hill, couldn't find the apartment block (which has no sign, even when a passing local helped me find it). I had had to text message ahead to confirm my arrival time because there's no on site reception but for some reason (that was no fault of the staff) the text message hadn't been received and there was no one there to let me in so I had to wait for someone to come from the hostel. Three flights of steps, no lift. You have to pay cash at the time of check in, which is not convenient. You get an email telling you you need to pay cash and you need to text message them your arrival time, I'd suggest adding a section about how to recognise the building when you're looking for it and heads up that you should be fit to stay there.

The apartment itself was nice, very stylish. There was just one of me but I felt very comfortable. It is located close to touristy stuff if that's what you're after, and close to the city also.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ChrissyFlanagan
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Lovely apartments perfectly located for sightseeing in Lisbon. A misunderstanding led to our studio having too few beds, but the staff was very helpful and fixed it all.
The apartments must have been newly renovated and were clean and stylishly furnished.
Beds were comfortable and the bathroom gorgeous.
Be prepared for a hike up a steep slope and a couple stair cases after that.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends