“very nice hostel”
Review of Lisb'on Hostel

Lisb'on Hostel
Ranked #48 of 514 Specialty Lodging in Lisbon
Reviewed September 8, 2012

we had a great time at Lisbon, a great city, and the hostel is very nice, too. friendly people, great rooms, cosy atmosphere, a terrace on the roof. we had a blast. you are everywhere very fast, baixa-chiado, bairro-alto to go out, the famous line 28 is just around the corner, also the trams and the underground trains anyways. you have a nice view on the river Tejo.

Room Tip: We had a double bedroom with own balcony and bath on the same floor, but shared, which was very clea...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is truly the nicest hostel I’ve ever stayed at in my life. The breakfast amazing, you can take your coffee and food out on the main deck that overlooks the river. The hostel is huge, open, roomy, great colors, stylish, beds comfortable, linens provided, nice huge underbed lockable drawers that you can secure all of your stuff and more, in the Barrio Alto district where all the dancing and drinking goes on if your into that sort of thing so you can just walk right over, has a beautiful courtyard filled with hammocks and barbequing sometimes, free coffee and tea all day long, beautiful free pool table, great reliable WIFI, unbelievably helpful staff, medical kits at front desk and all, good price, and truly again… probably the best hostel in the world. I know 2 people who live in Lisbon who came here to stay here for 2 nights just for the fun of it. Elevator makes getting items to room a breeze too. Over and over… a great place! The only place I’d stay at upon return to Lisbon. Mostly all English speaking staff.

Room Tip: Probably the higher levels might be quieter at night because further from main common lounge and ent...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tsjitter
Reviewed August 28, 2012

What an amazing hostel. Couldn't find a single fault. Location is excellent, always something social organised every night, the view from the rooftop garden is unreal. Stayed in a 8 bed dorm. Very roomy and comfortable. Staff always willing to help. Will definitely recommend to all of my friends going to visit Lisbon.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had heard of this hostel from a friend of mine who lives in Lisbon, and when I visited the Internet page I immediately fell in live with it and booked a room for me and my nine friend. I didn't give the highest mark just because of a "little" misunderstanding: when we arrived at the hostel we found out that our reservation went lost somewhere between my computer and theirs. They made things right though: a bed was found for all of us (yes, some of my friends weren't very keen on sleeping alone in a dorm with strangers) and we weren't charged for any of the two nights we were staying, as a way to apologize.
The combination of nice rooms, clean toilets, superb view from terrace, friendly staff and cool places to visit nearby made us forget about that and enjoy our stay in Lisbon very much.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We have spent our holidays travelling in Portugal, visiting many hostels > this one is definitelly the best one! Lots of space, great staff, very clean, lovely garden and terrace, free walking tours available, decent breakfasts < belive me, you will enjoy it for sure!

Room Tip: You can try to get a dormitory for a single/double usage if there are not that mamy guests > then...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I spent 5 nights at Lisb`on Hostel and i really love this place. I have no suggestions to improve. The staff is always friendly and dedicaded to make your stay as comfortable as possible. All rooms are large and clean. The huge lockers under the bed are amazing. People who like to cook will love the large kitchen. I especially loved the terrace. From there you have an amazing view from the city to the bridge and statue. The hammocks and sitting bags in the garden invite you to relax. I definitely come back. Maria

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Well located but beware it's up a hill (there are quite few of those in Lisbon), this hostel is discretely tucked away on a quiet back street that's deceptively close to some of the city's busy attractions for both night and day.

The hostel itself fills a whole building over several floors, with a garden, roof terrace, kitchen, pool table, free Wi-Fi (varying signal strength), several free to use internet enabled Apple Macs, and a lift. The rooms are a fair size, although there was perhaps one to many beds in the dorm I stayed in which meant if any one opened the door too wide it bumped against the side of the bed, which would wake anyone attempting to sleep there. With toilets and showers on each floor, it was well kept, tidy and convenient.

The staff were all friendly, speaking a range of languages and all had at least a little English. Quality of the advice about how to get around varied but the main team were very helpful and welcoming.

This hostel provided much better facilities and hospitality than I'd expected, and I'd be happy to go back there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends